IGNORED

My Restaurant List for February

I am a snowbird from the USA. I will be spending February in the Pattaya-Jomtien area. I like good food and a glass of wine. I have put together a list of places I have on my radar. As you can see, I spend money like I actually have some. Wish it were true. Anyway, I would be interested in any comments regarding said list. I am fully aware that one man's ceiling is another's floor. :)

• Nagu Nagal Walking Street Food ok. Been many times and I like the view.
  • Brunos Jomtien Been before and liked a lot
  • Gian's Jomtien Been before and liked
  • Au Bon Coin Jomtien Been before and liked a lot
  • Café des Amis Jomtien Been before and liked a lot
  • Moonlight Jomtien Never been. Good net Reviews
  • Sugar Hut Jomtien Never been. Good net Reviews
  • Mata Harie Jomtien Never been. Very good net Reviews
  • Surf Kitchen Jomtien Never been. Lower priced with decent reviews
  • News Jomtien Never been. Good net Reviews
  • Cherrys soi Buakhao area Never been. Good net Reviews
  • Bite Me Bistro soi Buakhao area New - Very good reviews
  • Patrick's soi Buakhao area Never been. OK Reviews
  • BeefEaters soi Buakhao area Never been. OK Reviews
  • Duck Lady in Jomtien
  • Pastrami on Rye

Any others? Obviously, I am not real interested in the cheap eats places, unless they are exceptional in the value of what you get.

Steak and co on Soi Lengkee, they also have a new rib joint they have just opened next door, plenty of reviews on this site.

I am a snowbird from the USA. I will be spending February in the Pattaya-Jomtien area. I like good food and a glass of wine. I have put together a list of places I have on my radar. As you can see, I spend money like I actually have some. Wish it were true. Anyway, I would be interested in any comments regarding said list. I am fully aware that one man's ceiling is another's floor. :)

• Nagu Nagal Walking Street Food ok. Been many times and I like the view.
  • Brunos Jomtien Been before and liked a lot
  • Gian's Jomtien Been before and liked
  • Au Bon Coin Jomtien Been before and liked a lot
  • Café des Amis Jomtien Been before and liked a lot
  • Moonlight Jomtien Never been. Good net Reviews
  • Mata Harie Jomtien Never been. Very good net Reviews
  • Cherrys soi Buakhao area Never been. Good net Reviews
  • Bite Me Bistro soi Buakhao area New - Very good reviews
  • Patrick's soi Buakhao area Never been. OK Reviews
  • BeefEaters soi Buakhao area Never been. OK Reviews
  • Duck Lady in Jomtien
  • Pastrami on Rye

Any others? Obviously, I am not real interested in the cheap eats places, unless they are exceptional in the value of what you get.

• Mata Hari Jomtien Never been. Very good net Reviews

these are all good, you should go

try LaNotte on Walking Street, as good as anywhere you will eat in Pattaya

Try the steak house at royal cliff

and since your american, rich man poor man in jomtien soi 9

and there is a new Italian place across from the market in Jomtien, never been but my friends give rave reviews

La Bocca in Jomtien for Italian

Definitely Patrick's - best meal I've had this trip

Casa Pascal

From my experience this trip, avoid Natans in Jomtien and I found Steak & Co disappointing.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks to all. I promise (empty as water at times) to do a recap of my experiences with regard to the rapidly expanding list.

Each to their own but I have found Nathans & News to be great, along with Maggs, my 1, 2 & 3 in Jomtiem area. Of the mentioned 5 star places, I like Gians beside Frasers best, just seems a waste when taking TGF to the other places, Brunos & Café Des Amis etc. There is a seafood place we use on Jomtiem beach road, never seems to be much people in, its to the right of the entrance of Navin hotel, never had bad meal there.

There is a Greek place, El Greco on Soi Bonkot, cheap & big portions, worth a try.

There's good steak at a place near Beefeater, called MyWay. Think it's a Dutch place but the steaks are excellent and quite cheap when compared with Beefeater.

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

Try the Golf club on Steak nights.

Will be there in Feb as well if you want to chat.

Sounds good. We can meet for coffee and compare notes, maybe formulate a plan. I would guess I can send you a message on how to contact me. I'll do so after I get there and get a Thai phone number turned up.

"The Kitchen"   2 locations in Pattaya.  I particularly like the one on Second road near Soi 15.  Ive eaten there several times and they have a great menu.   The facilities are clean as a whistle too.

My favorite "dine-in" restaurant in Pattaya!

http://www.kitchen-thailand.com/

They also have 2 locations in Samui and 1 in Phuket

Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli is to die for.    Also the 4 cheese pasta.  Get it w a side of "perfectly sized" french fries cooked to perfection.  Followed w some Tiramisu for desert.   

There's good steak at a place near beefeater, called MyWay. Think it's a Dutch place but the steaks are excellent and quite cheap when compared with beefeater.

MrJ200 beat me to it on My Way -- same basic complex as Beefeater & Patrick's.

It was excellent AND the cost is very low (below 300 baht, as noted in EP's Oct 25, 2016 post in this great thread: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/292822-under-300-baht-and-good/page-12) 

I think I tore into my Beef tenderloin and home style potatoes before I had a chance to take a photo - but it was the same as in EP's photos

I'm DEFINITELY panning to get back there when I hit Pattaya next month!

It is a smaller place, with limited seating, so best to get there before the "rush" -- think I got the last "inside" table at around 7:40 p.m.

I went there on recommendation from here, not impressed with either the sickly marinade or the awful cut of meat.

I went there on recommendation from here, not impressed with either the sickly marinade or the awful cut of meat.

Marinade I'm not aware of.

Never seen one.

Highly recomend the pork chop next time.

Plus,my recommendation came with a chance meeting with me.Cant get better than that IMHO.

and there is a new Italian place across from the market in Jomtien, never been but my friends give rave reviews

When you say the market do you mean the Night Market or the store near Pastrami on Rye?

When you say the market do you mean the Night Market or the store near Pastrami on Rye?

Rhompo bars and day/night market     Think called Amadeus.  Next to Bangkok bank.   My friend eats in all the top places in the world and thinks this is as good as Brunos.  Trust me, he knows his food.  I gotta get over there but only open for dinner and I am at Walking Street :)

EDIT:

I asked my friend what he gets.  He said the Lasagna is one of the best he ever had anywhere.   He and others say the Rib Eye is outstanding, and I will get that next time they go

Amadeus is a nice place, they spent a lot of coin on it. However, they seem to have a bit of an identity crisis.

I have been 3 times since they first opened, over 2 years ago I recon. Had good food but not exceptional, for that money.

Their biggest fail is not having menu displayed out near the footpath.

Not sure if they were trying to be a Spanish place but it was more of an Italian Tapas they had and most dishes would be Italian.

Lets face it, there are way too many Italian places in Pattaya.

IMO, if they went Spanish, could be onto a winner. When you think how many Italians restaurants are in Pattaya and not one decent Spanish Tapas place, surely an opening here in Pattaya. 

Archived