IGNORED

21 hours in Bangkok. Hotel?

Bababoboman

I'm arriving to Bangkok 22:30 and leaving 19:25 the day after. I'm a Pattaya-guy and I'm totally clueless of everything Bangkok. Advice on hotels to make my short stay as convenient as possible is much appreciated. 

I want walking distance to nightlife, 7/11/Family mart, restaurants and massage places. And most importantly, a hotel that would allow late check-out til 14.00-15.00 if there is availability (I will email and ask to confirm that before I make the booking). 

Majestic suites on Sukumvit, short walk to Nana Plaza and Nana BTs....longer walk to Cowboy

Edit: Loads of 7-11 & family marts around, Gullivers by the Amari Boulevard hotel sport on screens, good beer and decent food(avoid Amari Hotelnot Guest friendly and expensive)

Majestic suites on Sukumvit, short walk to Nana Plaza and Nana BTs....longer walk to Cowboy

Edit: Loads of 7-11 & family marts around, Gullivers by the Amari Boulevard Hotel sport on screens, good beer and decent food(avoid Amari Hotelnot Guest friendly and expensive)

Thanks! Just what I was looking for. Just emailed them about the late check-out. 

You only stay one night. If you don't mind to spend a little more to stay in a 5 star hotel, club Millesime floor in Sofitel Sukhumvit may be a good choice. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk to Cowboy. About 15 minutes walk to Nana. Thermae is right next door less than a minute walk. 7-11, restaurants, massage are everywhere. If you stay in the club floor, you could ask for late check out till 4pm. You could finish your complimentary afternoon tea before you check out. : )

You only stay one night. If you don't mind to spend a little more to stay in a 5 star hotel, club Millesime floor in Sofitel Sukhumvit may be a good choice. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk to Cowboy. About 15 minutes walk to Nana. Thermae is right next door less than a minute walk. 7-11, restaurants, massage are everywhere. If you stay in the club floor, you could ask for late check out till 4pm. You could finish your complimentary afternoon tea before you check out. : )

I will likely only spend 6-8 hours in the room. It would feel like a complete waste splurging out at luxury hotel. Especially in this case when I will check-in after midnight. :)  Yes, one night in BKK, but the trip is for 25 nights. This is just a layover in a first class reward ticket. I chose a crazy routing to get me to Jakarta that would allow me to spend as much time in F-class cabins/lounges as possible. 21 hours in Bangkok on the way seemed like a nice pit stop :D

I emailed Majestic suites, Amari, Landmark, Nana hotel and a few other hotels in the area with the question about late check-out til 14:00 if there is availability.

Majestic, Amari and Landmark were "happy to inform me" they could offer me check-out to 14:00 if I paid a half days rate. Yeah, I bet they'd be happy about that. A few other hotels never responded. The winner was Nana hotel. They responded pretty quick and said their standard check-out time is 14:00. It's probably a pretty bad hotel but I got what I wanted: location and late check out.. so it will do.

I emailed Majestic suites, Amari, Landmark, Nana Hotel and a few other hotels in the area with the question about late check-out til 14:00 if there is availability.

Majestic, Amari and Landmark were "happy to inform me" they could offer me check-out to 14:00 if I paid a half days rate. Yeah, I bet they'd be happy about that. A few other hotels never responded. The winner was Nana Hotel. They responded pretty quick and said their standard check-out time is 14:00. It's probably a pretty bad hotel but I got what I wanted: location and late check out.. so it will do.

So, if you need to pay half day in those hotels, it wouldn't make much different to stay in the nice Sofitel Sukhumvit to enjoy the free afternoon tea before you check out at 4pm! Oh no! Don't stay in Nana, it is a shit hole!  :WinkGrin1: just kidding! 555!

I wish I could book for you! I am a Accor plus member. I just got a e-mail from Accor, I could get a 50% discount of their private sales!

Phachara suites on soi 4  is nice..

near Nana and 5 mins to Asoke and cowboy,, sky train 5 min walk as well

Bangkok has everything pattaya has, just different atmosphere

you could try the big soapies on Ratchadapisek Road..

get subway from Asoke to Huay Kwang :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Oh, by the way, Bababoboman, just to let you know what kind of room in Sofitel I have stayed:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/306284-wow-free-upgraded-to-imperial-suite-in-sofitel-bangkok-sukhumvit/

That's pretty sweet. Might consider it next time when I'm in Bangkok for at least a full day ;)

I emailed Majestic suites, Amari, Landmark, Nana Hotel and a few other hotels in the area with the question about late check-out til 14:00 if there is availability.

Majestic, Amari and Landmark were "happy to inform me" they could offer me check-out to 14:00 if I paid a half days rate. Yeah, I bet they'd be happy about that. A few other hotels never responded. The winner was Nana Hotel. They responded pretty quick and said their standard check-out time is 14:00. It's probably a pretty bad hotel but I got what I wanted: location and late check out.. so it will do.

Not a bad hotel at all. just lacking facilities and a paint job.Nothing wrong with it for what you want, worlds hardest bed when I stayed though!

Not a bad hotel at all. just lacking facilities and a paint job.Nothing wrong with it for what you want, worlds hardest bed when I stayed though!

I just stayed for 1 night at Majestic Suites last week with a late checkout and yes you are correct l had to pay an extra half day rate which came to 1075 baht. But l also got to check out at 5 pm so l thought that was worth the money.

The winner was Nana Hotel. They responded pretty quick and said their standard check-out time is 14:00. It's probably a pretty bad hotel but I got what I wanted: location and late check out.. so it will do.

YOU are the winner. everything you need is at your doorstep. Nana Plaza, freelancers, massage parlours, ladyboys, 7-11, family mart, beer bars. all within 200 meters.maybe even 100 meters...

YOU are the winner. everything you need is at your doorstep. Nana Plaza, freelancers, massage parlours, ladyboys, 7-11, family mart, beer bars. all within 200 meters.maybe even 100 meters...

That sounds awesome :)

So, if you need to pay half day in those hotels, it wouldn't make much different to stay in the nice Sofitel Sukhumvit to enjoy the free afternoon tea before you check out at 4pm! Oh no! Don't stay in Nana, it is a shit hole!  :WinkGrin1: just kidding! 555!

I wish I could book for you! I am a Accor plus member. I just got a e-mail from Accor, I could get a 50% discount of their private sales!

I will be staying in BBK 1 night next time as well. I am an accor member to but would rather be closer to Soi Cowboy. Otherwise I would stay at Sofitel.

I will be staying in BBK 1 night next time as well. I am an accor member to but would rather be closer to Soi Cowboy. Otherwise I would stay at Sofitel.

From Sofitel Sukhumvit to Soi Cowboy, only 5 to 10 minutes walk! If it is not close enough. You only choice (Accor hotel) is Pullman Grande Asoke. It is about 3.minutes.

Didn't realize it was so close. Thanks. Is it a non smoking hotel? I'm a smoker. Girl friendly?

Didn't realize it was so close. Thanks. Is it a non smoking hotel? I'm a smoker. Girl friendly?

I don't smoke so I don't know if they have smoking room or not. They have suites with balcony. So, I guess you could smoke out there. It is very girl friendly.

Thx Matrix 123. I emailed them about the smoking but they have not got back to me. Ill just get a balcony im sure its fine then. I figure Im only there one night so Ill pay for A nice room. Maybe Ill get lucky and get a perk considering Im an Accor Member.

Archived