IGNORED

The Neverland Post

Fritos0519

I-lost-it-without-gym-or-dieting-you-can

When I post photos from a couple of years ago on my social media feeds, I always have someone that contacts me to ask me how I dropped my weight.  Surely I must have busted my ass in the gym every day or found a magic pill right?

As someone who has taken every diet pill under the sun in a search for said magic pill, I’ll be the first one to tell you that it doesn’t exist.

Laxatives, ephedrine, Red Line drinks and concentrate, Stacker 1, 2 and 3’s and many other pills have gone down my gullet through the years.  None of them did anything, unless you count shaking like a crack head.

When it comes to fitness and the gym, my official stance is that it is not a necessity.  Change your opinion of the gym.  Do not look at it like something you HAVE to do.  Start looking at gym time as “extra credit.”

So if it isn’t the hours spent in the gym or a magic pill, then how did you do it?   READ THE FULL ARTICLE

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thailand Stories, Blogs, News and More:  The Neverland Post

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

Mae-Nak-Phra-Khanong-Ghost-2.jpg?resize=

Spirits, ghosts, deities and other mysterious phenomena hold a very important place in Thai life, culture and history.  One does not even need to ask a Thai person whether or not they believe in ghosts because you can almost be certain the answer will be yes.

One of the most well-known and revered ghosts is the spirit of Mae Nak.

The original story of Mae Nak took place in the mid 1800’s.  Nak was a beautiful young woman who was married to a man named Maak, who she loved with all of her heart and soul.

The two lived in a house near the Phra Khanong River just south of Bangkok in a stilted house in the forest.  Maak and Nak lived together for a while and Nak became pregnant.  Soon after finding out about the pregnancy however, her beloved Maak was sent off to war.

While he was gone Nak fell victim to child bearing complications and neither she nor the baby survived.  Instead of crossing over, her spirit clung to this realm with the love that she had for her husband.  Nak returned to their house along the shores of the river and waited for her husband to come home from the war....  READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

Andrew-Jennings.jpg?resize=768%2C427

Thailand is a very popular tourist destination sure, but there are those individuals that have moved beyond calling it a vacation and have decided instead to call it home.  The Neverland Post caught up with Andrew Jennings.  Andrew is a semi-retired diving instructor, underwater photographer and Webmaster.  Find out what he had to say about living abroad:

NLP:  Out of all the places in the world that you could have settled, why Pattaya?

AJ:  It just kind of happened, I actually came here on holiday and never went home, true story.  I made some friends and in some ways a family a here. This played a huge part in my decision to stay. Also, due to the fact that Pattaya is centrally located and close by to Bangkok. As a professional scuba diving instructor and web designer I needed a location that that was both close to a major city and airport as well as the ocean.  You might think that Phuket might seemed like a more obvious choice but I don’t like Phuket so much, it’s got an high-so (rich and snobby) attitude and cost of living there is a lot more for that reason.

NLP:  Do you have a business or are you employed? If so, what is the name of your establishment(s)?

AJ:  Initially I worked more full time a scuba diving instructor for a major PADI dive center on Pattaya Beach Road for many years.  I’ve since semi-retired from teaching diving to concentrate on my Independent web design business Interweb Dynamics.   READ THE FULL INTERVIEW

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thailands-Automobile-Industry-Looking-Go

2017 looks brighter for Thailand’s auto industry with several new technological innovations and new product launches already inbound.

Eligibility of transfer of ownership is coming up for vehicles that were purchased under a government tax-break scheme for first time car buyers.  The belief is that people throughout Thailand have been waiting for this opportunity to purchase a new vehicle.

2016 was a difficult year for Thailand with the death of His Royal Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.  The country saw periods of mourning and changes to functions and events throughout the land.  This included some of 2016’s new release vehicles being postponed until 2017.

Thailand should also see an increase in the makes and models of electric vehicles that are hitting the roads.  Nissan and Mitsubishi have already announced their intentions to get an electric vehicle into production and onto the highway.    READ THE FULL STORY

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Americans-Rejoice-IHOP-coming-to-Thailan

American breakfast lovers rejoice!  The International House Of Pancakes has stated that they are bringing their international deliciousness to Thailand!

IHOP will open 10 locations in Thailand by 2021 in a franchise agreement with King of Pancakes Co. Ltd., an affiliate of King Food Group Company Limited.      Continued....

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

• 4 weeks later...

Robert-Cameron-Interview.jpg?resize=768%

An Interview With Robert Cameron – Owner of Laong’s Bistro and Boutique in Pattaya

Pattaya, Thailand is a city unlike any other in the world.  Ever year millions of tourists migrate here to escape the harsh winters of home to enjoy the plentiful offerings that the city has to offer.  Tourists to Pattaya can find pretty much whatever it is that their hearts desire; from good food, relaxing beaches, cultural and historical monuments, spiritual retreats, massages, the hottest nightlife in Southeast Asia and much more.

None of the above listed activities come close to topping the importance of food.  Thailand is a hub of culinary activity, with so much hustle and bustle however, it can be both overwhelming and difficult to find a restaurant worth dining in.  Our advice to you, the tourist, follow the lead of the expats that live here.  Many expats have been in Thailand for quite some time, they have generally done the filtering out of the crappy restaurants for you and know where the good places to eat are located.

One said establishment, where the expats occasionally gather is Laong's Bistro and Boutique.  Owner and restaurateur Robert Cameron spared some time out of his chaotic schedule to answer some questions for The Neverland Post:

NLP:  Out of all the places in the world that you could have settled, why Pattaya?

RC:  "Pattaya, or rather Thailand as a whole has a draw to it quite unlike any other country I have “settled in”.  Having lived and worked all over the world, I knew, from my first visit to Thailand that this was a country that I could happily live in, at least for a while anyhow”

NLP:  How old were you when you first came to Thailand?

RC:  "My first trip, as a tourist was at the ripe old age of 42, but boy do I wish I had come at a younger age."  SEE THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Archived