IGNORED

The Robin Hood Tavern in The Avenue on 2nd Road

Evil Penevil

4 hours ago, Bawdy said:

Find it odd that their website has been down for quite some time, would like to see their new menu (not Max's one).

@Bawdy

Robin Hood menu on Grab

As far as I can remember, the Grab menu for delivery is much the same as the in-restaurant menu.  I'm not sure if the prices are the same.

Evil

• Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

^ Thanks, but I can't peruse it while in Australia.

Do they still have the breakfast buffet?

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

3 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

^ Thanks, but I can't peruse it while in Australia.

Do they still have the breakfast buffet?

The link in the post shows you the menu.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

^ Cheers, missed the link, doh (early morning here!) 555

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Easy to miss as software embeds advert links sometimes.

Prices look a little high to me - if Grab prices are the same as in the restaurant.

21 hours ago, davidge said:

Prices look a little high to me - if Grab prices are the same as in the restaurant.

I think most folks would agree...the place has been dying a death for some while,these prices could be the final nail in the coffin.......:WhoSaw1:

Had the best fish and chips their I've ever had in Thailand. Excellent cod, soft batter and excellent chips. So good I had the same the next night too. Was pretty busy in there to. Pint of Guinness was 185 baht and fish and chips was 299 and 249 baht Friday special. Couldn't fault it.

• Like 2

I posted a review of the fixed-plate Sunday roast dinner here (post#49).

There's definitely been a huge improvement in the food at Robin Hood.

2.jpg.4e956c694c10c121bb2a978ca90d2519.jpg

3.jpg.09ca91ad4441723a24667f3cd319b817.jpg

Evil

I had the large plate Sunday Roast yesterday.

Never saw the gravy boat, would have preferred that option.

Was impressed with quality, and, as you can see, its a one time help yourself. I had both the chicken and beef-its an extra 30B if you want the lamb. For 299B, it was a good deal. Missus also impressed with Thai food, which was a big portion, she ended up taking a lot home.

They are certainly on an upward curve at RH, would say its now my favorite pub grub style place in Pattaya. 

SR thumbnail_IMG_9752.jpg

3 hours ago, GARYZX6R said:

Had the best fish and chips their I've ever had in Thailand. Excellent cod, soft batter and excellent chips. So good I had the same the next night too. Was pretty busy in there to. Pint of Guinness was 185 baht and fish and chips was 299 and 249 baht Friday special. Couldn't fault it.

I had the Friday special Fish and chips last Friday, and was well impressed, homemade Tartar and chips, mushy peas, was good value at 249B. Good to see that are now getting decent crowds.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 23:42, jimboh said:

Todays special, beef tacos, good. And a lot more generous than Taco Taco Tuesday special.

RH thumbnail_IMG_9929.jpg

RHB thumbnail_IMG_9927.jpg

Man this looks bloody fantastic......245 is a very fair price......Sour Cream and Guacamole too...........I will be trying this soon and report back.........And I agree Taco Taco blows.... 

Be aware, Taco's were on as a daily special.

Much as I like RH, I did have a negative experience last week. Their daily special was roast turkey sandwich, came with those skinny fries, sauce was just too sweet, more like strawberry jam, gravy OK, but the big let down was the turkey. Just 2 small slices of white turkey breast, the rest was chopped up dark turkey meat. Came on slices of bread.

Cant remember the cost but am sure it was around 270B, poor value and a forgettable meal.

rh thumbnail_IMG_9902.jpg

55 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Be aware, Taco's were on as a daily special.

Much as I like RH, I did have a negative experience last week. Their daily special was roast turkey sandwich, came with those skinny fries, sauce was just too sweet, more like strawberry jam, gravy OK, but the big let down was the turkey. Just 2 small slices of white turkey breast, the rest was chopped up dark turkey meat. Came on slices of bread.

Cant remember the cost but am sure it was around 270B, poor value and a forgettable meal.

rh thumbnail_IMG_9902.jpg

Looks ok to me. The sauce would have been cranberry sauce. Always served with turkey in australia, but they should have put it on the side, not all over the meat

Edited by Mr Wombat
spelling
  • Like 2

12 Pints in Know it all

I stopped there yesterday afternoon. There was a blackboard in front advertising Cajun salmon and penne for 249 baht. Thought that sounded good. Entered and took a seat only to be told by the waitress it was a 'private party'. WTF? Actually, that's what it looked like, but I had to climb the stairs for nothing, maybe they didn't want my business LOL The blackboard downstairs should have announced private party. I don't think I'll be back. 

Retired

37 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

I stopped there yesterday afternoon. There was a blackboard in front advertising Cajun salmon and penne for 249 baht. Thought that sounded good. Entered and took a seat only to be told by the waitress it was a 'private party'. WTF? Actually, that's what it looked like, but I had to climb the stairs for nothing, maybe they didn't want my business LOL The blackboard downstairs should have announced private party. I don't think I'll be back. 

Damn that's frustrating....pity you missed the 2 posts above yesterday 08.58.
 https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/308321-the-robin-hood-tavern-in-the-avenue-on-2nd-road/?do=findComment&comment=4899304

Plus they plastered Facebook but maybe you don't use it.

Anyway, it was a damn good do.   :GoldenSmile1:

57325.thumb.jpg.4c0f7ba7965edd0f1cc9b0fdf6e16544.jpg57324.thumb.jpg.bcce71d03c9e8168dc8da0449b4fee96.jpg57323.thumb.jpg.6eff4871bc6e903df52b0bfccdf2a1d2.jpg57326.thumb.jpg.b6e16d67b9aa28cfb118706240143f3a.jpg57327.thumb.jpg.95c45d23810c0c84d25bfa139bfdea65.jpg

PS, sorry I'd added Pepper Sauce before I took the photo, try this one....

57328.thumb.jpg.524678125e74708743b0fe58d9680f6b.jpg

Edited by Edge

51 minutes ago, Edge said:

Damn that's frustrating....pity you missed the 2 posts above yesterday 08.58.
 https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/308321-the-robin-hood-tavern-in-the-avenue-on-2nd-road/?do=findComment&comment=4899304

Plus they plastered Facebook but maybe you don't use it.

Anyway, it was a damn good do.   :GoldenSmile1:

PS, sorry I'd added Pepper Sauce before I took the photo, try this one....

No, I don' t follow them on Facebook, don't know why they were too lazy to update the blackboard, but I'm glad you had a good time. And now I know how the Indians feel lol 

Retired

• 8 months later...

53D57048-13F8-47F7-A0CF-23CF60D7F30D.jpeg

The Menu…

Tuna Tataki served with watermelon, pickled cucumber & an orange puree.

Crispy Wonton Tacos filled with Korean Steak Tartare (known as 'yukhoe') served with a crispy pear salsa. 

Slow Cooked Pork Belly, braised in orange and five spice served with a confit potato filled with apple purée, stir fried bok choy and a superb sauce made from the cooking liquor. 

Korean Fried Shrimps' tossed in a sweet gochujang glaze served with sesame mayonnaise and pickled coleslaw. 

An 8 hour slow cooked Bulgogi Beef Short Rib served with a carrot puree, roasted spring onion, crispy shallots and garlic.

Torched scallops, drizzled teriyaki, charred lime, shaved radish, wild rocket and pomegranate - this will brighten your palate for sure. 

As always the evening will have a wide selection of excellent world wines, chilled beer, classic cocktails and spirits… 

Bookings advised, please message via FB Messenger or call 038410511 / 0644386045

• Like 2

8 hours ago, davidge said:

The Menu…

Tuna Tataki served with watermelon, pickled cucumber & an orange puree.

Damn, I do love tasting menus.  I wish I were in Pattaya for this one.   :Cry3:

Evil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This review is really nice! I'll try to drop by once find some extra time so that I can personally try it out. 

RHT seems to be heading up market with their specials, must feel there is a market for that.

I love their honest pub grub and daily specials.

Recently seems like a lot of staff have left???