IGNORED

The Robin Hood Tavern in The Avenue on 2nd Road

Evil Penevil

2 hours ago, striderman said:

robin hood became the hood

No.  Robin Hood is located on an upper floor at The Avenue.  The Hood is located up Pratumnak Hill in what I agree is/was a shit location nowhere near The Avenue.  The two are different businesses, but AIUI they had a common owner recently.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Went yesterday and had the daily special, Chicken Kiev, was excellent and a bargain at 179Baht. No complaints, portion size good, quality and also service good.

RH_IMG_8780.jpg

I prefer the food in Robin Hood. But the draft beer is colder in Dicey Rileys, so I spend more time in Diceys. 

Does anyone know if the new owners have made changes? (cold beers) - I'll be back if so. 

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

Went yesterday and had the daily special, Chicken Kiev, was excellent and a bargain at 179Baht. No complaints, portion size good, quality and also service good.

It does indeed look good in your pic.  I'll have to give the RHT one more try.  I haven't been in over a year due to the overall slide in quality and the Scotch egg scandal in particular.  I hope the new management structure has been able to put things back on track.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say, this is the finest chili and chips I have had in Pattaya. Yesterdays special and so cheap too, 195B.

The chili was so tasty, with just enough heat and the hand cut chips were cooked to perfection. A little cheddar cheese  on top would have been icing on cake but I guess for that price, cant complain. The dish was advertised as chili with rice and chips, I told waitress I did not want the rice, so I suspect I got an extra few chips thrown in. 

I do worry about how long more this place can stay going, so few costumers there around 8-30 last night. 

rhood_IMG_8903.jpg

10 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Have to say, this is the finest chili and chips I have had in Pattaya. Yesterdays special and so cheap too, 195B.

The chili was so tasty, with just enough heat and the hand cut chips were cooked to perfection. A little cheddar cheese  on top would have been icing on cake but I guess for that price, cant complain. The dish was advertised as chili with rice and chips, I told waitress I did not want the rice, so I suspect I got an extra few chips thrown in. 

I do worry about how long more this place can stay going, so few costumers there around 8-30 last night. 

rhood_IMG_8903.jpg

Glad you enjoyed your meal.

I have been flamed for this comment before but any food venue that is not ground level is going to struggle unless it is really special.

Even on ground level even if you have to climb even a couple of steps it is surprising unless the venue is really "attractive"  it can suffer.

With a different type of menu, hence the number of resurrections (where does the money come from) of a lot of "upstairs" venues in WS seem to struggle badly.

Just now, jimboh said:

Yes, totally agree about upstairs venues, will always struggle. 

It does not have to be just "upstairs", I no longer have the data references (laptop meltdown) after updating my business studies after uni, the gamut of simple barriers to retail success showed access without reputation or by means of visual induction put steps up or down to access as "high risk" and this was before the wheelchair access amendments.

5 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Glad you enjoyed your meal.

I have been flamed for this comment before but any food venue that is not ground level is going to struggle unless it is really special.

Even on ground level even if you have to climb even a couple of steps it is surprising unless the venue is really "attractive"  it can suffer.

With a different type of menu, hence the number of resurrections (where does the money come from) of a lot of "upstairs" venues in WS seem to struggle badly.

I think I have to agree with you 

I actually like the venue and I like the food there so I am happy to walk up the steps to get to Robin Hood.  One of the pluses for me is that it sells a draught bitter,  In England I mainly drink bitter but has to drink mainly lager in Pattaya.  So it's great going to the Robin Hood and having a pint of bitter with my evening meal.

I also the design of the Avenue was a mistake.  I think the shopping Malls that do well in Pattaya are places like Central Festival and Terminal 21 which are fully enclosed with air conditioning.  

14 hours ago, geezerrb said:

It is the same all over the world, Thats why rent on ground floor is usually double the first floor rent. The only businesses that survive on first floors are solicitors accountants etc

12 Pints in Know it all

There’s a lift guys, you don’t have to walk up the stairs.  The lift is probably fifteen seconds walk past the stairs, just stick by the RHS wall.

Or use the elevator by the movies and walk around. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Plenty of good reports coming in about Robin Hood Tavern.

Seems to have taken over by Max Dienst whose family restaurant gained a Michelin Star.

https://www.lespiedsdansleplat.be/

Seems to be putting daily specials on the menu, which are a bit more upmarket than the usual RHT fare.

Today it is : Belles crevette au beurre d’ail

75462331_2663500693877615_26750701936207

Edited by Taa_Saparot

On 30/08/2019 at 17:57, blue1878 said:

I think I have to agree with you 

I actually like the venue and I like the food there so I am happy to walk up the steps to get to Robin Hood.  One of the pluses for me is that it sells a draught bitter,  In England I mainly drink bitter but has to drink mainly lager in Pattaya.  So it's great going to the Robin Hood and having a pint of bitter with my evening meal.

I also the design of the Avenue was a mistake.  I think the shopping Malls that do well in Pattaya are places like Central Festival and Terminal 21 which are fully enclosed with air conditioning.  

Robin Hoods location is in the hart of Pattaya but it strangely seems not convenient and its VERY VERY easy to forget that its even there.....

This has always worked against that location from day #1...... 

10 minutes ago, fforest said:

Robin Hoods location is in the hart of Pattaya but it strangely seems not convenient and its VERY VERY easy to forget that its even there.....

This has always worked against that location from day #1...... 

fforest I agree with your comments

Robin Hood is in a great location and is on the baht bus route.  Some of the things going for the place is that  its nice inside, the food is very good and there are plenty of televisions inside so they can show lots of sporting events

Plenty of good reports coming in about Robin Hood Tavern.
Seems to have been taken over by Max Dienst whose family restaurant gained a Michelin Star.
https://www.lespiedsdansleplat.be/

I’m not sure that it’s been taken over by Max but he is certainly assisting in developing kitchen processes and new dishes. You’re right, vast improvement in the quality of reports coming in lately, great to see such a turn around and may they continue to flourish in what is (as has been already said) quite a difficult location.

Shit.  Hate to say it but going upmarket is a recipe for disaster.  No one wants French inspired cuisine at an English pub. It’s Pattaya.  Used to really enjoy going there, they had a good menu, it got considerably streamlined about six months ago, it was still really good. Hope they haven’t got rid of all that. 

Edited by nzwolfgang
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, nzwolfgang said:

Shit.  Hate to say it but going upmarket is a recipe for disaster.  

But has it not been a disaster since day one?

I have been in to your pub sometime ago no big shakes either way was alright and having read your update for sure I’ll give it go again sounds really promising, probably this weekend all sounds good.

one question about your sports coverage can you show all Premier league games or just a selective 2 or 3 on Saturday at 10 pm ?

4 minutes ago, Czmate said:

I have been in to your pub sometime ago no big shakes either way was alright and having read your update for sure I’ll give it go again sounds really promising, probably this weekend all sounds good.

one question about your sports coverage can you show all Premier league games or just a selective 2 or 3 on Saturday at 10 pm ?

I don’t think the poster has any links to RH he was just passing on information from Facebook.

As far as I know, the owner(s) of RH aren’t members here.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”