IGNORED

The Robin Hood Tavern in The Avenue on 2nd Road

Evil Penevil

B.M.B. was innovative,and put the daily menu to the denomination of "cuisine", and at a decent price.

Unfortunately it didn't attracked enough customers.

The majority of people here in Pattaya are happy to find a place where they can feed themselves, some even at, at cheap as possible (99 ThB breakfast is a success, so is the Thai "Hole in the Wall" place in Soi Bukhaow).

Nothing really wrong with that.

B.M.B. was innovative,and put the daily menu to the denomination of "cuisine", and at a decent price.

Unfortunately it didn't attracked enough customers.

The majority of people here in Pattaya are happy to find a place where they can feed themselves, some even at, at cheap as possible (99 ThB breakfast is a success, so is the Thai "Hole in the Wall" place in Soi Bukhaow).

Nothing really wrong with that.

It was the location that killed Bite Me, had it been just around the corner in Lengkee even, it would have prospered.

Robin Hoods location is historically firmly against it and serving food like has been described previously is suicidal.

Crossing 2nd Road there is a bitch and that's how most of its customers will get there because those that walk down and cut through the Avenue will mostly have to walk past or near to other places offering the same type of things.

Big screen TVs showing sports and  offering similar type food menus so why would they specially go to Robin Hood ?,

its more expensive than some and offers food that is, to be kind, variable in quality to say the least..

The duck dish looked really good to me.

When looking at the prices I can't help thinking that a full days wages in a hotel job for one of my female friends is 400 baht.

Guilty of cheap charlieism I may be but I'm starting to think that 40 to 50 baht for a meal is more my area. 

I'm guessing a menu of "British classics" is not going to have people lining up outside to get in.

I'm guessing a menu of "British classics" is not going to have people lining up outside to get in.

By all accounts it is doing much better than the menu of "american classics" of the previous incarnation.

Had fish & chips there a few days ago, was the best F&C I have had in Thailand, only negative was the egg cup of mushy peas-size not the taste

Edited by jimboh

Anywhere in the world 2nd floor establishments in 2 storey buildings struggle. And being in a centre that has been a dud for years wouldn't help

12 Pints in Know it all

I reckon that if RHT don't make a go of it there, nobody will.

A few ideas that would help, sexy waitress with short skirts, a generous cocktail happy hour. I find most cocktail happy hours have watered down cocktails.

maybe it's the Lamp that's packing them in.............sered with a bread roll

march 8 008 (Custom).JPG

A very nice bar - better than both Retoxes imo.

RHT is currently my daytime hangout of choice.

No indoor smoking, as there is a pleasant shaded outdoor area for that.

Have not tried the food yet.....

• 4 weeks later...

I just went over there for a bacon and eggs pig out and then saw a sign advertising a roast carvery including lamb starting at 12 so I thought I'd defer breakfast for a bit and try that. I'll report back.

On 03/02/2017 at 0:22 PM, spidey said:

As a fan of Retox, Soi Honey, I've found that the standard of food there has steadily declined since it first opened so decided to try so took the opportunity to try Robin Hood for Sunday lunch.

I just went there for breakfast and decided to order the fried basil chicken.  It is normally cooked in oil and comes drowned in an oily sauce but mine had been cooked in water and was tasteless. It was also 195 baht which is the most expensive in town for this dish. I won't be eating there again.

On the other hand, I had roast lamb for lunch at the RH Tavern and quite enjoyed it.

50 minutes ago, kahoy said:

I just went there for breakfast and decided to order the fried basil chicken.  It is normally cooked in oil and comes drowned in an oily sauce but mine had been cooked in water and was tasteless. It was also 195 baht which is the most expensive in town for this dish. I won't be eating there again.

On the other hand, I had roast lamb for lunch at the RH Tavern and quite enjoyed it.

How was the Sunday cavery? No pics?

Please remember to like and subscribe.

I forgot to bring my camera but it was excellent. I especially liked the home made Mint sauce which was really thick. Well worth the 199 baht for a single plate which was quite large anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kahoy said:

I forgot to bring my camera but it was excellent. I especially liked the home made mint sauce which was really thick. Well worth the 199 baht for a single plate which was quite large anyway.

thats the key, so many places its like water

Only hope for this spot for a restaurant is gonna be a chain. A Sizzler may work out. 

Ate at RHT a lot in february. Never had a bad meal there. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners all very good. Daily specials great quality for the money. Nice location too.

• Like 1

I had the roast lamb today, unfortunately it was incredibly tough and I had to leave it after I ate everything else on the plate. I couldn't even cut it with a serrated knife. Next Sunday, I will stick to beef or chicken. Their daily special is very good value at 199 baht though, yesterday I had lamb shank which was quite good. The day before they had penne carbonara which was nice save for some cold spots where it hadn't been reheated properly.

17 hours ago, kahoy said:

I had the roast lamb today, unfortunately it was incredibly tough and I had to leave it after I ate everything else on the plate. I couldn't even cut it with a serrated knife. Next Sunday, I will stick to beef or chicken. Their daily special is very good value at 199 baht though, yesterday I had lamb shank which was quite good. The day before they had penne carbonara which was nice save for some cold spots where it hadn't been reheated properly.

the ham hock was good there

On 11/04/2017 at 9:03 PM, kahoy said:

I forgot to bring my camera but it was excellent. I especially liked the home made mint sauce which was really thick. Well worth the 199 baht for a single plate which was quite large anyway.

I also tried the 199B plated Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago and it was fine.

On 14/04/2017 at 10:20 AM, longwayfromhome said:

Only hope for this spot for a restaurant is gonna be a chain. A Sizzler may work out. 

There's a Sizzler just 100 yards away in the Royal Garden, and another in Central. Can't see that there is a market for a third.

The only place that always did good business in the Avenue was the All Seasons buffet, but that closed many months ago and moved to the Harbor Mall. There's also one in Central.

I suspect that rents in the Avenue are just to high for anyone to make a go of it, though the Oishi Japanese place is hanging on.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

There's a Sizzler just 100 yards away in the Royal Garden, and another in Central. Can't see that there is a market for a third.

The only place that always did good business in the Avenue was the All Seasons buffet, but that closed many months ago and moved to the Harbor Mall. There's also one in Central.

I suspect that rents in the Avenue are just to high for anyone to make a go of it, though the Oishi Japanese place is hanging on.

Never stopped a 7-Eleven or Family Mart or McDonald's from opening up just a few doors down. Successful franchises have the overhead to do this type of thing. 

Main problem with Avenue is the design. I went for year's not knowing there was a supermarket there. Tear that whole complex down and build something that works. 

Robin Hood always seems to be fairly well attended whenever I go there which is often.

• Like 1

On Dienstag, 18. April 2017 at 9:14 AM, longwayfromhome said:

Main problem with Avenue is the design. I went for year's not knowing there was a supermarket there. Tear that whole complex down and build something that works.

There is a supermarket? Oh...