IGNORED

Waxing or shaving down below increases your risk of STIs.

Vic54

I used the search button on the forum to see if this subject was already discussed and I could not find it to my surprise.

In summary: Grooming/shaving may cause tears and cuts to the skin, increasing the risk of a picking up an infection down below.

Researchers said those waxing or trimming below were more sexually active, putting them at greater risk of STIs.

And grooming may also cause small cuts and tears to the skin, making it easier to pick up an infection.

The study looked at more than 7,500 adults in the U.S. aged between 18 and 65.

Around 13 per cent admitted having at least one STI.

Three-quarters said they trimmed their pubes – with 84 per cent of women and 64 per cent of blokes’ saying they were fans of a manicured bush.

Scientists found those practising “extreme” grooming – the removal of all their pubic hair – were at the highest risk of infections such as chlamydia, syphilis, warts and gonorrhoea.

But overall, any cutting, waxing or shaving down below was linked to an 80 per cent higher chance of an STI.

See the article in the Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2334832/adults-who-remove-all-their-pubic-hair-are-440-per-cent-more-likely-to-get-an-std/

And the abstract published in the Journal of STI dec 2016:

Correlation between pubic hair grooming and STIs: results from a nationally representative probability sample.

Osterberg EC1,2, Gaither TW1, Awad MA1, Truesdale MD1, Allen I3, Sutcliffe S4, Breyer BN

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

STIs are the most common infections among adults. Concurrently, pubic hair grooming is prevalent. Small-scale studies have demonstrated a relationship between pubic hair grooming and STIs. We aim to examine this relationship in a large sample of men and women.

DESIGN:

We conducted a probability survey of US residents aged 18-65 years. The survey ascertained self-reported pubic hair grooming practices, sexual behaviours and STI history. We defined extreme grooming as removal of all pubic hair more than 11 times per year and high-frequency grooming as daily/weekly trimming. Cutaneous STIs included herpes, human papillomavirus, syphilis and molluscum. Secretory STIs included gonorrhoea, chlamydia and HIV. We analysed lice separately.

RESULTS:

Of 7580 respondents who completed the survey, 74% reported grooming their pubic hair, 66% of men and 84% of women. After adjusting for age and lifetime sexual partners, ever having groomed was positively associated with a history of self-reported STIs (OR 1.8; 95% CI 1.4 to 2.2), including cutaneous STIs (OR 2.6; CI 1.8 to 3.7), secretory STIs (OR 1.7; CI 1.3 to 2.2) and lice (OR 1.9; CI 1.3 to 2.9). These positive associations were stronger for extreme groomers (OR 4.4; CI 2.9 to 6.8) and high-frequency groomers (OR 3.5; CI 2.3 to 5.4) with cutaneous STIs, and for non-extreme groomers (OR 2.0; CI 1.3 to 3.0) and low-frequency groomers (OR 2.0; CI 1.3 to 3.1) with lice.

CONCLUSIONS:

Among a representative sample of US residents, pubic hair grooming was positively related to self-reported STI history. Further research is warranted to gain insight into STI risk-reduction strategies.

This was reported on the forum when the story first came out (although I can't find it). You need to be careful as the study is far from conclusive with even the researchers stated that a lot more work needs to be done before any useful conclusions could be made. One of the weaknesses in the research is that it was self reported which is not a good way to do useful research. Is it possible that people who are more sexually active (hence more likely to pick something up) are more likely to groom 'down below'? I suspect so.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This was reported on the forum when the story first came out (although I can't find it).

It is buried in a thread: LINK

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Maybe your right. My theory would be that pubic hair acts as a buffer when your pounding away and prevents the pussy juice from direct skin contact and thereby preventing infection if the pussy is infected and your dick should be bagged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

The link leading to the first original post on my computer does not give the right page.

Two remarks: "One of the weaknesses in the research is that it was self reported which is not a good way to do useful research". Most of the medical research published is research done by the investigators themself and so self reported. Before this article was accepted in the Journal of Sexually Transmitted Infections it was peer reviewed meaning experts in the same field has read and judged the research presented by the investigators.

That does not mean everything is true written in medical journals.

For me it is very likely that shaving can cause small wounds/skin lacerations which can be the porte d'entry (entry point) for virusses/bacteria, intact skin/mucosa is more resistant that non-intact skin.

Of course more research have to be done to see if this is really true.

I shave normally a few days before going to Pattaya. After reading this I shave at least one full week before leaving and doesn't shave during my 2-4 weeks stay.

I recommend a beard trimmer.

You don't need to get skin tight, and it avoids cuts, abrasions, discomfort, etc.

hGPJQq8.jpg

The link leading to the first original post on my computer does not give the right page.

Two remarks: "One of the weaknesses in the research is that it was self reported which is not a good way to do useful research". Most of the medical research published is research done by the investigators themself and so self reported.

What I meant is that the subjects in the study (ie those doing the grooming and fucking) reported their activity and no testing was done.

It is totally logical that small cuts during grooming would increase the risk of infections.  

My tips for avoiding STI's are as follows:-

1. Avoid short grooming so you do not damage the skin

2. After sex always shower and give private parts a good clean

3. Make sure you urinate after cleaning private parts - especially if you indulge in unprotected sex.

Following the above procedure for the past 4 years has left me with no issues whatsover and I can assure you I have been with quite a few women during that time and always went unprotected.  

no issues whatsoever

“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

2. After sex always shower and give private parts a good clean

3. Make sure you urinate after cleaning private parts - especially if you indulge in unprotected sex.

Following the above procedure for the past 4 years has left me with no issues whatsover and I can assure you I have been with quite a few women during that time and always went unprotected.  

no issues whatsoever

Both of these suggestions do absolutely nothing to protect yourself against STIs. They are wife-tales.

Guess what.... engaging in sexual activities also increases your risk of contracting STIs ... good grief. 5555

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 4 weeks later...

So if I shave of my beard and go muff diving I could end up in grief?

My wife got the laser on them little pubs. Very smooth and seems to be lasting well as it was 3 years ago.

No problems with ingrowing hairs.

Guys waxing every strand of hair from their privates?

What's this world coming to.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I recommend a beard trimmer.

You don't need to get skin tight, and it avoids cuts, abrasions, discomfort, etc.

hGPJQq8.jpg

Yes, this is always an interesting issue; the risks of STI's. The reason I've quoted ray and the trimmer is that I tried one and cut my skin down there. The skin there isn't as tight as it is on the face and tends to fold more. That's why I got cut. As to the research. It may well have been peer reviewed and that's good. Those who do trim themselves around their genitals, like me, are more sexually active with more partners than those who don't. I don't need research to tell me that. I don't find therefore that the statement "overall, any cutting, waxing or shaving down below was linked to an 80 per cent higher chance of an STI" is in any way at all surprising. The only thing that surprises me is that the figure isn't higher. And the real problem is this; cause and effect. Is the cause of the 84% higher chance the shaving and resulting cuts or is the cause that those who shave tend to be more sexually active with more partners?

Shaving = Cuts = STI's, sounds logical, maybe it is, dunno if it is though. Jury out, more research needed. Oh and 7500 people or a bit more is a very, very small sample actually. It needs to be at least 20,000.

Needless to say, small cuts WILL increase chance of an STI. It is not advisable to groom right before sex. I usually do it a couple of days before my holiday. Note that brushing your teeth right before sex (if you DATY or kiss) is risky too!

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

This whole discussion is getting nowhere; what about crabs?

"The crab louse is an insect that is an obligate ectoparasite of humans, feeding exclusively on blood. The crab louse usually is found in the person's pubic hair."

There you go.....just shave your pubes if you want to, don't shave them if you don't, have a good gander at your sexual partners bits (with at the light on obviously) - something which I assume most of us will be doing anyway and shag yours and hers brains out, enjoy yourself, live life to the full and stop worrying about stuff you can't do very much about or else do something about it if you can and then stop worrying! And what can you do? Well, don't come to Pattaya and/or don't have sex with anyone, just toss yourself off - not much chance of getting a disease there!!!!

• 4 months later...

i imagine it would, because of small wounds opening blood vessels.i am not qualified to say ,but i dont think the difference would be much .personal hygene after the event would be more important.  .but eliminates your chances of catching crabs. personal choice i wouldnt have sex with a girl with more than a landing strip.bald is beautiful

• 6 months later...

Trim do not shave,  shaving creates small nicks on the skin surface in which fluids can enter the blood stream. 

• 1 year later...

Of course this is common sense. Shaving the private parts is a Muslim ritual bizarrely adopted by a lot of Western people in the last few years.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/202827/the-wisdom-behind-the-prescription-to-remove-pubic-hair-and-armpit-hair

Not being a Muslim myself, I don't do it. And I prefer whores that don't too, for my safety/comfort and theirs.  Nothing worse than cactus pussy with 2-3 stubble growth.

In the OP's second paragraph he states that the small cuts in the skin caused  when shaving open the person to infection, not the fact that the person is hairless. A depilatory cream would seem to be the answer to ending this heath threat as would shaving very carefully or maybe with an electric razor. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Archived