Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

REAL DIET COKE, help needed

angelic

I am heading back to LOS at easter for a couple of weeks. I was discussing the trip with a friend who lived there for about 2 years. I told him I was thinking of throwing a tray of real diet coke in my luggage to take with me because drinking coke light is not the same at all and i need that shit to survive. He suggested looking for real diet coke in Thailand.

Does anyone over there, especially any Brits or Irish lads know if Diet Coke (not coke light) is available in Bangkok or Pattaya.?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have looked all around Pattaya and have had no luck. I am a fellow Diet Coke head myself. I get stuck with the Coke light to. And I also hate the tiny size cans to!

Don't drink that shit, it's bad for you and it won't help you loos weight. Stick to natural products, even normal Coke with sugar would be better for you

It may be bad for you but I love the taste. Been drinking it since I was in my teens. It is awful for you that's for sure. Rots your teeth out quicker than a regular Coke, and the stuff the use to put in it probably set me up for cancer, but the fact is I like it and I am still going to drink it. In the US they don't even have coke light so I don't even know where its made. Not a clue what the ingredients are compared to diet coke. The taste difference may be in my head. I'll still drink the coke light, but if I found diet coke I'll buy it.

Don't drink that shit, it's bad for you and it won't help you loos weight. Stick to natural products, even normal Coke with sugar would be better for you

Not necessarily true.  I am an insulin-dependent diabetic, so sugary "regular" Coke is about as bad a substance as I can consume - for purposes of my blood glucose level, it's even worse than a candy bar (12 oz can of Coke has 39 grams of carbs; a Snickers bar has "only" 28)

The taste difference may be in my head. 

I don't think so -- it certainly tastes different to me!

Even though they (presumably) use the same "formula," I think Coke products bottled in different countries do vary.  Hence the popularity of "Mexican Coke" in border states here in the USA.

FWIW, I have never seen Diet Coke in Thailand or elsewhere in Asia.  I kicked my SEROUS Diet Coke habit a few years ago, but I still drink it when out and about (which leaves me slurping down Coke Light in Thailand).

I'm actually more of a Diet Pepsi fan here in the USA (esp Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi), but the only thing I have seen in Thailand was Pepsi Max, which I didn't like.

half a can of normal coke is processed sugar. there is nothing good about that

also the taste difference between coke, diet coke, coke light, pepsi max etc is huge.

I drank over 60 cans of diet coke in the last 8 days

half a can of normal coke is processed sugar. there is nothing good about that

also the taste difference between coke, diet coke, coke light, pepsi max etc is huge.

I drank over 60 cans of diet coke in the last 8 days

Not necessarily true.  I am an insulin-dependent diabetic, so sugary "regular" Coke is about as bad a substance as I can consume - for purposes of my blood glucose level, it's even worse than a candy bar (12 oz can of Coke has 39 grams of carbs; a Snickers bar has "only" 28)

I don't think so -- it certainly tastes different to me!

Even though they (presumably) use the same "formula," I think Coke products bottled in different countries do vary.  Hence the popularity of "Mexican Coke" in border states here in the USA.

FWIW, I have never seen Diet Coke in Thailand or elsewhere in Asia.  I kicked my SEROUS Diet Coke habit a few years ago, but I still drink it when out and about (which leaves me slurping down Coke Light in Thailand).

I'm actually more of a Diet Pepsi fan here in the USA (esp Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi), but the only thing I have seen in Thailand was Pepsi Max, which I didn't like.

I agree with you guys that regular Coke is bad for you and I never touch it myself, but for a non diabetic natural sugar is far better then artificial sweeteners, maybe not up front, but in the long run that stuff is like Poison for you body

I will occasionally have a coke zero in a bar, I find it nearer to the taste of classic coke than coke light. I think diet coke / coke light has more caffeine,

Regular Coke               9.7 mg/100ml

Diet Coke                     12.8 mg/100ml

Coke Zero                    9.6mg/100ml

I'll tell the next diabetic I find you said it's better for them.

Fair?

IYKYK

Waaaaa....sorry bro, no sympathy for you...I cannot get a decent cup of coffee in Pattaya, but I just deal with it for my trip since everything else beyond cancels that out. 

I have resorted to bringing my own now and buying a French press locally, but you cant do that for diet cola.

Try curbing your cravings with natural fruit.  There are so many vendors and markets with huge variety of the best fruit in the world.  You may be pleasantly surprised and do your health a great favor. 

I'll tell the next diabetic I find you said it's better for them.

Fair?

Frankly if you're a diabetic you shouldn't be drinking diet coke, especially not in their condition, just drink pure water, and lots of if. Don't eat too much fat and only eat small portions at a time, and exercise a lot (like every day) 

Nando9999, I think you need to take a trip to Georgia (USA) to the world of coca cola (https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com) and take the tour.  Coke is made differently in different parts of the world (https://www.quora.com/why-does.coke-taste-different-from-one-country-to-another).  You can taste samples of the differences on the tour.  So thinking diet coke and coke light are or taste the same is wrong. 

What I miss when outside the USA is good tasting milk.  I find Thailand and Europe have crappy tasting milk.  Within the USA, different regions have different tasting milk too.  And when I moved to Florida, I had to find a brand that tasted best to me. 

You are a FOOL

What I miss when outside the USA is good tasting milk.  I find Thailand and Europe have crappy tasting milk. 

Thailand does produce some very strange tasting milk until you find the good stuff. When I first moved here I thought I was screwed until I found the Meiji brand.

Their 0% and 100% tastes just like milk in the USA. I go through a large bottle of it every day.

It's available everywhere. 

a1.jpg

All that artificial stuff is bad for you. Yes, you should stick to natural products, but sugar is bad for you too.

Sent from my W3 using Tapatalk

You are a FOOL

Actually the man is right, obviously you've never heard of the causal effects of sugar substitutes like Aspartame when it comes to Cancer.

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

Do some research before you damn others.

I don't drink coke often, so it all tastes the same to me.

I have had friends with me, some were first timers to Thailand, mention that coke tastes different in Thailand.

It could be a different recipe or it could just be in there head.

I will occasionally have a coke zero in a bar, I find it nearer to the taste of classic coke than coke light. I think diet coke / coke light has more caffeine,

Regular Coke               9.7 mg/100ml

Diet Coke                     12.8 mg/100ml

Coke Zero                    9.6mg/100ml

I'll sometime take coca Cola with a strong splash of Rum over ice, but drink Coke as a substitute for good hydration...NEVER.

Nando9999, I think you need to take a trip to Georgia (USA) to the world of coca cola (https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com) and take the tour.  Coke is made differently in different parts of the world (https://www.quora.com/why-does.coke-taste-different-from-one-country-to-another).  You can taste samples of the differences on the tour.  So thinking diet coke and coke light are or taste the same is wrong. 

What I miss when outside the USA is good tasting milk.  I find Thailand and Europe have crappy tasting milk.  Within the USA, different regions have different tasting milk too.  And when I moved to Florida, I had to find a brand that tasted best to me. 

They grew Tobacco in Georgia as I recall.......consider the Tobacco industries long term cover up when medical authorities and ethical researchers were questioning the shit. 

BTW I use to be casual smoker in the 70's and 80's before we were finally made aware of the danger. 

Let me guess... I bet you're a fat boy...

Its called 'fat coke' for a reason.

No one should be drinking enough soda to impact your health, but drinking regular coke whilst the diet version is available, is dumb.

"Ooooooooh it doesn't taste the same" ......stop being a whiney pussy is my reaction to that [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll sometime take coca Cola with a strong splash of Rum over ice, but drink Coke as a substitute for good hydration...NEVER.

I agree, a SangSom and coke zero with ice is what I ask for on the occasions I feel like a wee break from the beer.

I agree, a SangSom and coke zero with ice is what I ask for on the occasions I feel like a wee break from the beer.

Most bars will make you buy the coke zero by the can though.

Its a bit annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived