IGNORED

Tailored Suit

abraham123

I've never had a suited tailored to my measurements, but I've always wanted one. Is there a good place to get a tailored suit in Pattaya, or should I have it done in Bangkok before I head that way? I don't know if it makes a difference, but I will be there middle of June.

Lots of places there mate, shop around and speak to a few different ones and find out prices and see the quality of the material and any other suits they have just got made. They are normally in the shop with customers name of them so you can see the quality of there work. I got tailored shirts last time I was there, spoke to a couple a different ones before getting them made up in the shop at the bottom of Soi 6. I am happy with the quality of the shirts, didn't look at there suits though. The fact its end the end of Soi 6 is just an added bonus, one more reason to go there, like I need it!!  

I'm a Bangkok suit buyer. IMO the quality of the fabrics and ability of the tailors is better. Keep in mind I only wear tailored suits. 

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

I'm a Bangkok suit buyer. IMO the quality of the fabrics and ability of the tailors is better. Keep in mind I only wear tailored suits. 

where about's do you recommend in bangkok? i am looking to get a suit for an up coming wedding i have in a few months, what price would i be looking at?

Cheers.

where about's do you recommend in bangkok? i am looking to get a suit for an up coming wedding i have in a few months, what price would i be looking at?

Cheers.

Narry Tailors( soi 11), The Rajawongse family(father and son) near soi 4 are the more famous ones that I've tried.  Charlies Design(soi 16) is my favorite and more of a mom and pop tailor, great quality and service. You can google all of them and get more info as they all have thier own websites/FB pages.

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

They usually have good patter and give you a beer or two so you part with your money. Personally i don't buy these suits anymore but if you are an odd size maybe made to measure is better. Its hard to know what quality of material you are getting.

I've used AMA fashion at junction of Pattaya Klang and Second Road a few times and never been disappointed...

Double sized shop with loads of styles and colours of fabric and proper, knowledgeable tailors too who provide great service. 3 fittings for a good quality suit which will be delivered to your hotel in a week - I paid 5,000 baht a pop

Narry Tailors( soi 11), The Rajawongse family(father and son) near soi 4 are the more famous ones that I've tried.  Charlies Design(soi 16) is my favorite and more of a mom and pop tailor, great quality and service. You can google all of them and get more info as they all have thier own websites/FB pages.

I have used some of these and they are good and decent tailors in a medium price range. I would guess a suit will cost you around 10-12.000 baht in high class fabric. My favourite tailor in BKK is Empire Tailor which is absolute top notch. Prices are about double of the others though (20-25.000 baht), but personally enjoy I a high class suit. 

I would recommend you to make some plans to what kind of suit you want though. Look a bit around and figure exactly how you like it when it comes to fabric, number of buttons, shoulders, labels, pleats and so on and you will be even more satisfied. They will help you a lot if needed though, but having thought a bit around these things in advance will make you pick the right decisions based on your style. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of places there mate, shop around and speak to a few different ones and find out prices and see the quality of the material and any other suits they have just got made. They are normally in the shop with customers name of them so you can see the quality of there work. I got tailored shirts last time I was there, spoke to a couple a different ones before getting them made up in the shop at the bottom of Soi 6. I am happy with the quality of the shirts, didn't look at there suits though. The fact its end the end of Soi 6 is just an added bonus, one more reason to go there, like I need it!!

Can i ask how much you paid for your shirts and if you happened to know suit price from this place.

I remember walking past a seeing it in the window last visit but have completely forgotten.

• 1 month later...

I have used Ama before and they do great work. But maybe a bit pricier than some of the bargain options. I even had them tailor a couple of Burberry suits I own and they did a great job. Especially good for the pants. 

I also had a nice linen suit done for me at HiFI fashion on BR (close to Baywalk Residence). Nice work. Though it was a copy of another suit I had made for me that I liked the fit of. 

• 2 months later...

Check in some of the department stores or malls. Might be a little pricier but should do a good job for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

It is also a good idea to do a bit research of what kind of suit you want before going there. The tailors do a good job sewing, but doesn't always have the same fashion sense as us. Think a bit about number of buttons, lapel type and size, shape of trousers and similar so you know what you want when you are going to buy.

I didn't know anything about this when I bought my first suit, but started paying more attention after that.

i had a suit tailored in BK and love it i do think there is something to say about the work but also don't rush it should take a few appointments to get the suit to fit you so i would say 2-3 days 

i had to come in to the tailor 3 times, first was the talk about how much and been measured the next day was to get it fitted the last day was pickup each time was about 20 min so it was not long but i still have the suit and its great  

Hi OP, just wondering if you got your suit made. I am in the exact same situation.

Archived