IGNORED

Diana Oasis Soi Buakaou

Havalina

I stayed there last April ,wonderful place as I'm sure you've all heard.The only issue I had was a rooster crowing from 4am every morning.Bloody nuisance when trying to sleep off the night before.I was in D- Block.Would love to stay there again next summer so I was wondering if anyone knows if sed rooster is still doing his early morning thing.(there was construction going on adjacent to D block and maybe the rooster moved on with the builders.

Here's hoping.

Just spent 4 nights there from 22nd to 26th Dec, didn't notice any rooster so maybe it's gone - I was in the same block the restaurant is on (forget which one that is). I always stay there when I can get a booking - they usually fill up early though.

You will see on their website that they also have private rentals available run by Meow  In addition to the main Diana Oasis ones if these happen to be full. Although privately owned they have to be of a reasonably high standard for Meow to take them on and I think come with all the Diana Oasis services (wifi, breakfast, towels twice weekly cleaning/bed change). These vary in price depending on standard, size etc. I own a condo there which has been on a long term let but will be coming under Meows holiday rentals from June onward. Mine is in A block and is a double size unit - separate bedroom and living area...

Why not send them a quick email and ask about the rooster to be sure.

Thanks for the update Shagwell.

Loved the Oasis and Meow is amazing.Can't fault anything about it.I'm probably being too precious about the crowing rooster but god it was tough being awoken at the crack of dawn after a nights beering.

A tiny problem in an otherwise fantastic and extremely sought after location.

Construction on the old bowling green site is still ongoing, and I have heard cockerel noises when walking past, however, in 6 months I think they would be nearly finished on that site; you might be lucky.

My mate has stayed there a couple of times and absolutely loved it.  He didn't say anything about a cockerel though.

I'm staying there in May with afew freinds.  We are in the new premium studios in C block. 

I'm looking forward to it as I've heard nothing but good reports.

I stayed in D-block in February, and don't remember the rooster. I also booked my reservations for this February while I was still there. If there was any noise, I was either passed out or preoccupied. Lol. Meow & team are great.

The "rooster" sadly passed away just before christmas only to be replaced by a "tomcat" on heat :GoldenSmile1:

Construction is not as far along as one might hope. Probably about ready for the tile saw phase now. :Disease1: There is still at least one rooster on the construction site (heard moments ago) and perhaps two.

Construct1.JPG

Construct2.JPG

Has walked pass this place a couple of times but never knew its such a big place.

Is it ok to stay here if I'm only there for a few days?

Cause I believe most guests are there for weeks.

And on top of the room rental you still need to pay meter charges?

Thanks in advance for the information.

I'm staying here now. I'm in block c beside rooster land.

Didn't notice it and had an early night last night .

Has walked pass this place a couple of times but never knew its such a big place.

You can book nightly.. no meter charges

You should have stayed at Diana-Oasis last year when the power drilling started it was awful

in the afternoons should have taken my works ear protectors.

Have stayed here the past 4 years in D-Block, C-Block and E-Block and also the Tower Block

2 times a year have heard the roosters and Chickens but never a problem for me more inportant

things to get on with.

Remember you have a choice of swimming pools here and one is open until 10pm.

Meow, David and Mike are always working hard here to maintain everything for guest in working

order along with the rest of the team, it's a great place to stay away from the main road.

The rental rooms normally come without Diana-Oasis service but if you speak with Meow she will

offer you the service for extra price, also electric and water not included.

As regards staying there longblack I couldn't fault it.Massive peaceful enclosure and so so close to the action.If you're apprehensive about rooster or construction noise,then I would request a room at the back of the site overlooking either of the two pools(The Tower Block I think as mentioned by Rainsberger)well away from D block.

Appreciate the recent construction site photos Rocky.Yes I remember them hammering away last April/ May.Noisy but didn't get started until maybe 8:00 am.I could live with that but to be woken by a cockerel at 4:00am...takes some getting used to.Rooster would not be a deal breaker for me.So much bang for your buck there and as has been mentioned before,staff (Meow particularly) are great.

Thanks again for all your input gentlemen.

Roll on the next few months.

Definitely an Oasis in the heart of the mess and well worth it too. The only negative side for me was getting my laundry cleaned--all of my white golf shirts came back with stains. This happened several times, so I decided this was one service I would take outside the enclave. Despite that, a perfect spot to unwind with a modicum of privacy!

Archived