Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Christmas Dinners at Hard Rock and Hooters

Evil Penevil

post-9139-0-89661600-1482660955.jpg

This is what a Christmas buffet should look (and taste) like!  Starz Diner at the Hard Rock hotel laid on one of the best buffets I've ever eaten, Christmas or otherwise.

I'm pressed for time right now, so I'll let the pics speak for themselves.  Suffice it say that the dinner was well worth the 1,389 baht it cost, including a free flow of booze.

Santa Penevil

Attached Images
  • post-9139-0-55228800-1482660959.jpg
  • post-9139-0-96166300-1482660962.jpg
  • post-9139-0-90762400-1482660965.jpg
  • post-9139-0-64102500-1482660969.jpg
  • post-9139-0-07463900-1482660973.jpg
  • post-9139-0-73360400-1482660976.jpg
  •  
  • post-9139-0-95407800-1482660980.jpg
  • post-9139-0-55836000-1482660984.jpg
  • post-9139-0-95338600-1482660988.jpg
  • post-9139-0-54226600-1482661336.jpg
  • post-9139-0-15838800-1482661341.jpg
  • post-9139-0-37209600-1482661344.jpg
  • post-9139-0-29939800-1482661348.jpg
  • post-9139-0-38110900-1482661351.jpg
  •  
  • post-9139-0-48839400-1482661359.jpg
  •  
  • post-9139-0-01234300-1482661363.jpg
  • post-9139-0-38356700-1482661366.jpg
  • post-9139-0-36397300-1482661370.jpg
  • post-9139-0-15785600-1482661374.jpg
  • post-9139-0-71663800-1482661409.jpg
  •  
  • post-9139-0-89281300-1482661412.jpg
  • post-9139-0-24999800-1482661416.jpg
  • post-9139-0-15058000-1482661420.jpg
  • post-9139-0-37310500-1482661423.jpg
  • post-9139-0-54628300-1482661426.jpg
  • post-9139-0-38357800-1482661430.jpg
  • post-9139-0-09613100-1482661434.jpg
  •  
  • post-9139-0-81847700-1482661437.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The only thing i never understand about xmas dinners in Pattaya is that nowhere in Great Britain does xmas dinner come with yorky pud. It is only associated with roast beef, in fact it was originally just a starter served with gravy. And some older recipe books have it as a dessert served with custard, which i suppose makes perfect sense.

Great presentation. Food looks great and know doubt tasted just as good.

My kind of festive meal. :Clap1:

Looks amazing. I would have pigged out big time. Thanks for the pics.

Sure looks bloody good I am about to have mine which is a cheese sarine

Sure looks bloody good I am about to have mine which is a cheese sarine

SARNIE........... :Think1:

Even the ladyboy in red looks good....although checking the mobile for punter msgs hhhhhh

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Even the ladyboy in red looks good....although checking the mobile for punter msgs hhhhhh

I saw that lady boy, the picture doesn't do him justice, he is huge and scary looking, looks twice the size of him in this picture.  I was afraid to look too much, might have my ass kicked

buffet was huge and tasty, will go next year

Looks awesome... but kind of empty. Did many people show up eventually?

full at 8

l thought he looked like he could play on the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys.

The only thing i never understand about xmas dinners in Pattaya is that nowhere in Great Britain does xmas dinner come with yorky pud. It is only associated with roast beef, in fact it was originally just a starter served with gravy.

"Batter puddings" and gravy have existed for centuries in Britain as a way of making use of the calorie- and flavor-rich drippings from roast meat. In days past, people did  physically strenuous work on farms and elsewhere, so they needed a lot of calories. Malnutrition, not obesity, was the overhanging  risk. Also, meat was relatively expensive and families and households were much larger than today. To fill bellies and provide extra nourishment, the forerunners of Yorkshire pudding were served with gravy as a course separate from the meat. Vegetables like potatoes and turnips had a similar function, as of course did bread.

The puffy individual Yorkshire pudding with which most of us are familiar date from the 1700s, but didn't really become popular until the 1800s.

Evil

I got there early and was among the first in Starz Diner. I wanted to take pics before it got crowded and the buffet too badly plundered.  As just hanging said, it had filled up by 8 p.m.

Evil

l thought he looked like he could play on the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Batter puddings" and gravy have existed for centuries in Britain as a way of making use of the calorie- and flavor-rich drippings from roast meat. In days past, people did  physically strenuous work on farms and elsewhere, so they needed a lot of calories. Malnutrition, not obesity, was the overhanging  risk. Also, meat was relatively expensive and families and households were much larger than today. To fill bellies and provide extra nourishment, the forerunners of Yorkshire pudding were served with gravy as a course separate from the meat. Vegetables like potatoes and turnips had a similar function, as of course did bread.

The puffy individual Yorkshire pudding with which most of us are familiar date from the 1700s, but didn't really become popular until the 1800s.

Evil

I'm pretty sure I lived next door to the LB and her man there,in Regal Hope Villas 2 on Pratamnak Soi 5,would be 5 years ago now.

If it is fact the same couple,he is a French dude,nice guy and she was a sweetheart too.

We used to see them almost everyday,and were pleasant enough.

He looks like he's aged a fair bit but she still looks pretty darn much the same.

Wifey would remember for sure,she used to chat with them while the lad swam in the pool.

"The horror! The horror!"

Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

That was my reaction to the Christmas dinner at Hooters.  It was as bad as the buffet at Hard Rock was good and a huge disappointment. The guys who ate at homeless shelters in NYC (or prisons, mental hospitals, etc.) will have had better meals.  It was institutional food and not even what was advertised.

post-9139-0-76545200-1482679266.jpg 

This was supposed to be pecan pie. That would only be possible in the imagination of a cook who's never had real pecan pie. I had wanted mincemeat pie as advertised, but they didn't have it and had run out of apple pie. At least the waitress offered me a free cup of coffee. Total was 467 baht with service and VAT and 650 with my pint of Ashahi.

post-9139-0-49178400-1482679272.jpg 

Five of us ate together at Hooters, all were pissed off by Hooters' poor showing. We were  expecting a much better meal. Hooters shouldn't have offered Christmas dinner if they can't put a better product in front of the customer.  There's not a chef or cook in the world who would have been proud of that meal. It was something that seemed cobbled together at the last moment.  I don't understand how the manager and chef in charge could have thought it was acceptable.  That horrible industrial stuffing still makes me shudder.  If they had used the packaged stuffing from Stove Top it would have been much better.

Here's the Hooters' ad:

post-6485-0-71767700-1482757652.jpg

and you can see the reality in the pics above.  What a motha' truckin'  let down.  Hooters only managed to seriously annoy customers through its Christmas atrocity.

Come on, Hooters.  You really need to up your game if you are going to succeed in Pattaya.

Evil

Sometimes restaurants would be far better off promoting a Chirstmas dinner and just serving their regular menu with a few holiday type additions rather than trying a set menu.

The Hooter's debacle looks like that Thanksgiving mess Tequila Reef produces every year. Although to be honest, I gave up on TR about 8 years ago, so it might have changed but I've heard otherwise.

This looks like something you'd get in a British restaurant:

hoot.jpg

That was my reaction to the Christmas dinner at Hooters.  It was as bad as the buffet at Hard Rock was good and a huge disappointment. The guys who ate at homeless shelters in NYC (or prisons, mental hospitals, etc.) will have had better meals.  It was institutional food and not even what was advertised.

post-9139-0-76545200-1482679266.jpg 

This was supposed to be pecan pie. That would only be possible in the imagination of a cook who's never had real pecan pie. I had wanted mincemeat pie as advertised, but they didn't have it and had run out of apple pie. At least the waitress offered me a free cup of coffee. Total was 467 baht with service and VAT and 650 with my pint of Ashahi.

post-9139-0-49178400-1482679272.jpg 

Five of us ate together at Hooters, all were pissed off by Hooters' poor showing. We were  expecting a much better meal. Hooters shouldn't have offered Christmas dinner if they can't put a better product in front of the customer.  There's not a chef or cook in the world who would have been proud of that meal. It was something that seemed cobbled together at the last moment.  I don't understand how the manager and chef in charge could have thought it was acceptable.  That horrible industrial stuffing still makes me shudder.  If they had used the packaged stuffing from Stove Top it would have been much better.

Here's the Hooters' ad:

and you can see the reality in the pics above.  What a motha' truckin'  let down.  Hooters only managed to seriously annoy customers through its Christmas atrocity.

Come on, Hooters.  You really need to up your game if you are going to succeed in Pattaya.

Evil

to be fair, the hard rock way many times more expensive....you get what you pay for, unfortunately

I saw that lady boy, the picture doesn't do him justice, he is huge and scary looking, looks twice the size of him in this picture.  I was afraid to look too much, might have my ass kicked

buffet was huge and tasty, will go next year

Looks like the old guy was gonna get it later on that night then from the prop forward in red hhhhhhhh

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

post-9139-0-76545200-1482679266.jpg This was supposed to be pecan pie. That would only be possible in the imagination of a cook who's never had real pecan pie. I had wanted mincemeat pie as advertised, but they didn't have it and had run out of apple pie. At least the waitress offered me a free cup of coffee. Total was 467 baht with service and VAT and 650 with my pint of Ashahi.post-9139-0-49178400-1482679272.jpg 

Here's the Hooters' ad:

Evil

There is nothing about that chocolate lookimg tart that pecan pie and that dinner especially the brick of stuffing. that looks like a bad slice of meatloaf and not stuffing says quality Christmas dinner..

This is an American joint as well so you'd think someone around has seen a proper Christmas dinner..

Even if you don't have turkey which my family doesn't. . How about a nice prime rib and ham.. along with all the fixings. .....

And Google pecan pie before you present a giant turd like that..

Hooter should be ashamed themselves... just another reason to boycott that joke of a place... it has no business here in Pattaya and isn't even a respectable tourist trapp....

It's time they went away

There is nothing about that chocolate lookimg tart that pecan pie and that dinner especially the brick of stuffing. that looks like a bad slice of meatloaf and not stuffing says quality Christmas dinner..

This is an American joint as well so you'd think someone around has seen a proper Christmas dinner..

Even if you don't have turkey which my family doesn't. . How about a nice prime rib and ham.. along with all the fixings. .....

And Google pecan pie before you present a giant turd like that..

Hooter should be ashamed themselves... just another reason to boycott that joke of a place... it has no business here in Pattaya and isn't even a respectable tourist trapp....

It's time they went away

I'm with JH on this one.

You get what you pay for.

467 baht is what,$12 US?

What do you think you would get for that?

Shit on sticks?But with no sticks?

I'm with JH on this one.

You get what you pay for.

467 baht is what,$12 US?

What do you think you would get for that?

Shit on sticks?But with no sticks?

I dont know about you but for 467B I can get a really good meal in hundreds of places, and for 50B more I can eat lunch at the Hilton. That Hooters effort wasn't even as nice as the sort of 150-200B Sunday lunch that most places do around town, and it was certainly nowhere near the standard of the Sunday lunch buffets that are widely available for between 300 and 450B.

And dont anyone try and kid me that offering one slice of turkey justifies them charging double the normal price as several other places around town did a plated turkey Xmas meal for much less.

I would have refused to eat it or pay for it, and I would have kicked up hell with the manager about it.

Though it does serve to remind me that buffets are infinitely preferable to plated meals as you can see what you are getting before you order it or even before you sit down.

I dont know about you but for 467B I can get a really good meal in hundreds of places, and for 50B more I can eat lunch at the Hilton. That Hooters effort wasn't even as nice as the sort of 150-200B Sunday lunch that most places do around town, and it was certainly nowhere near the standard of the Sunday lunch buffets that are widely available for between 300 and 450B.

And dont anyone try and kid me that offering one slice of turkey justifies them charging double the normal price as several other places around town did a plated turkey Xmas meal for much less.

I would have refused to eat it or pay for it, and I would have kicked up hell with the manager about it.

Though it does serve to remind me that buffets are infinitely preferable to plated meals as you can see what you are getting before you order it or even before you sit down.

No one cares what you think.

Archived