IGNORED

Getting Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in Thailand

AsiaSmiles

Considering getting a shoulder MRI done on my next visit to Bangkok, Pattaya, or Chang Mai.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Where, cost, advantages or disadvantages.

I had a shoulder one done at bkkpattaya hospital last jan cost 15,000 bht for mri and about 2k doctors fees they wanted to operate  and charge me 275000 bht for a one night admission stay 50 k more if i needed stay another night >i decided to wait till i got back uk in april .went doctor there and they said nowt wrong must have just pulled something shoulder is gone ok now but i had sleep on my back for 6 months. i bought a memory foam mattress in uk found that helped

I went to that same hospital for a bad bruised I had last week in BKK They wanted to perform an MRI. Didn't know what I cost and didn't ask. 15k

They also wanted to perform surgery on my back to strengthen my lower back. I got an X-ray doctor feeand medicine for about 3300 baht. Doctor said it was a routine surgery. Didn't ask how much. Doctor asked if I had insurance I said yes. I fell on my back at nana plaza 5 days into my trip out of commission I have a contusion on

My lower back. Never had one of this and it's the Pitts. It a big bruise and have a hematoma. Doc said 3 months to heal. Went to the hospital in BKK right after the accident. At Bumrungrad closest to my hotel. ER cost was the same. 3500baht X-ray doc fee meds. Bummed out. They should of put nice on my bruise to reduce the blood flow immediately. But not much communication about about what I needed to do for my after care. Accident ruined my 3 week vacation.

Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya can certainly do it. When I mentioned I was a bit claustrophobic, they gave me a shot of Valium which helped the cause.

Bumrungrad Hospital, Bangkok.  I can highly recommend.  I checked out doctors' bio on their website.  I looked for one who had their training in the US. Very good care.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Definitely more less than inn the USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I had an abdominal scan , in 2014 , costing 11,000 baht : 8000 for MRI and 3000 for contrast  at;

mripc.jpg  

Prachachuen Imaging Center Co., Ltd. 
86 Tessaban-Songkor Road 
District Chatuchak 
Amphur Chatuchak 
Bangkok 
Thailand
  Srevice Hours Everyday : 07.00 am. - 11.00 pm   Telephone : +66 (0) 2953 9466-70 
Facsimile : +66 (0) 2953 9469

http://www.mrithailand.com/index.php?modules=article&parent_id=2&id=8

It is a clinic type operation in Bangkok that has a few MRI machines . Very professional with a full hardcopy analysis , CD and Film provided for review by your doctor .  I was able to email my results to my Western doctor for his review .

Appointment was arranged by Girlfriends cousin who is a nurse and recommended this as a reputable place that doesn't have two tier pricing for Falang .  Showed up at appointed time . scans completed and took about an hour to get analysis completed and full reports with CD and film handed over .  Bill presented and paid and out the door feeling I had been well taken care of .

Archived