IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ on Soi Lengkee

Evil Penevil

On 2017-6-8 at 08:08, froddo said:

Love the food at this joint & since the demise of BmB it has become my go to place when I'm in Patts. My only problem is my drinks bill is twice what my food costs. Not the restaurants fault I'm a weak cunt:Drunk1:

Glad you love the food & the beer, we do have a nice selection on Imported American Craft beers and of course some good quality Margaritas, see you next trip.   

On 2017-6-7 at 11:32, Soi7 said:

I prefer my ribs like meat not mush, al dente as it were

Agree Meat that falls off the bone may be preferred by some but means it is overcooked

I agree completely with Soi7, falling off the bone isn't my ideal Pork rib either, I too prefer the meat to be tender but have some bite it. Sadly when non American's received the rib's like this in our first week of opening there were numerous complains the ribs were "tough", they were not actually tough they just weren't the mushy fall off the bone that they had eaten in numerous non-BBQ restaurants they had before. 

Our take away menu is now printed and available in the restaurant, call and collect or we can arrange delivery in Central Pattaya via motor-bike taxi at an additional cost (basically whatever the bike drivers wants i.e 40-80 baht). Our aim is to get these menu's in to some local bar's / hotels, I'm sure they will be some hiccups along the way but we will endeavour to make it as smooth as possible.  

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 1.jpg

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 2.jpg

Just got into town and had to go see my boy Smokin' Joe first thing. I hadn't eaten since last night so was hungry, I ordered a half rack of Louisiana with potato salad and the Nacho french fries with Al Pastor topping. Everything was great, portions are huge. Coleslaw is awesome, just the right amount of dressing. The tin of extra sauce was more than I needed, I only used about half of it. The ice tea is great also, can control how much sugar and lemon is applied. 5943be0add3ce_IMAG01261.thumb.jpg.adc0a484b08058bc8141b0c11d4a4197.jpg 

I think they knocked it out of the park with these ribs and would highly recommend my boy Smokin' Joe to anyone. 

5943be8e9ba88_IMAG01251.thumb.jpg.d117d09815878d78ca52b8e7117348fc.jpg

Looks great , I hope ur still in business when I'm in town! 

Not smokinjoes but I do have high standards for American BBQ... 

IMG_0173.JPG

Looks fantastic.... wow... will visit  you in 2 weeks... Think about  the ribs  and the pulled pork... cu

On 07/06/2017 at 08:06, Kreggerz said:

Too bad they can't offer a choice of off the bone or not.

They definitely changed to off the bone based on customer demand as the owner said.

But can't please everyone. 

Can't please you that is for sure.555

23 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Can't please you that is for sure.555

I prefer their ribs before they changed it to fall off the bone but I still like them.

I don't visit very often these days not because of that but because they changed from two sides to one side. When you get used to an offer and then it gets pulled, for me that leaves a bad taste.

I think it would have been better to keep the two sides and maybe cut the portion a bit. Then at least you get the variety of flavors with two sides.

I'm not a big fan of restaurants that go over the top with the bean counting to the detriment of the dining experience. Seems short sighted to me. 

Edited by Kreggerz

Passed this place numerous times and thought it looked a little too chain like for the neighborhood.

Almost too good to be true.  Well with all the excellent pics and reviews will definitely try it out next visit.

You got to decide personally what is best.  Not so called expert reviews. Like some pics of the girls here, would not even talk to let alone bang for free.

Everyone has a butthole and an opinion and from where I sit, it looks like this BBQ joint has value and quality written all over it!

It sounds petty but it really miffs me that people go to an American BBQ joint and complained that the ribs were too firm.  That's like sitting down at a sushi restaurant, with a sushi chef making it as you order, and saying, "We need more avocado, cream cheese, and cucumber on this.  I don't really like it."

Fall off the bone ribs you can make at home quite easily.  It's the firm smoked ribs that take multiple hours you go to a restaurant for.  It's a shame really.  I don't blame you guys for changing though.  You have to make the customer happy. 

• Like 3

On the subject of falling off the bone ribs, it sounds as if many Americans on this site know quite a bit about the techniques of BBQing and know what they like.  

Sadly Americans are a small fraction of Pattaya farang visitors, the bulk of whom know much less about American-style BBQing and have simpler non-technical preferences.  For instance, I've only ever eaten BBQ ribs a handful of times in my life, all in Pattaya.  

Which market should a BBQ restaurant in Pattaya chase? 

Still good today. South Carolina, nice spicy mustard sauce. Enjoyed them more than the Louisiana.

IMAG0131.thumb.jpg.0bda75540c667099fc379a0d54fb8e2e.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SirL said:

On the subject of falling off the bone ribs, it sounds as if many Americans on this site know quite a bit about the techniques of BBQing and know what they like.  

Sadly Americans are a small fraction of Pattaya farang visitors, the bulk of whom know much less about American-style BBQing and have simpler non-technical preferences.  For instance, I've only ever eaten BBQ ribs a handful of times in my life, all in Pattaya.  

Which market should a BBQ restaurant in Pattaya chase? 

From a business POV, whatever the majority prefers.

3 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

Still good today. South Carolina, nice spicy mustard sauce. Enjoyed them more than the Louisiana.

IMAG0131.thumb.jpg.0bda75540c667099fc379a0d54fb8e2e.jpg

I agree that's a good flavor. 

20170621_184534.thumb.jpg.fffaf4af5db2f11cadd9816d03748e23.jpg20170621_184534.thumb.jpg.fffaf4af5db2f11cadd9816d03748e23.jpgJust arrived in Patts and my first stop was Smokin Joe's and it absolutely delicious. I ordered the large brisket and the nacho fries with pulled pork. The only negative was that I left food on the plate as I was so full. Can not fault this place at all.

20170621_184534.thumb.jpg.fffaf4af5db2f11cadd9816d03748e23.jpg

Edited by Madzar

Sorry about the pics i know i made a mess of it

• 2 weeks later...

Was here during my trip.  California bro here and I thought it was pretty good.  I liked the American beer selection they had.

On 2017-06-20 at 11:27 AM, jerrygarcia said:

It sounds petty but it really miffs me that people go to an American BBQ joint and complained that the ribs were too firm.  That's like sitting down at a sushi restaurant, with a sushi chef making it as you order, and saying, "We need more avocado, Cream cheese, and cucumber on this.  I don't really like it."

Fall off the bone ribs you can make at home quite easily.  It's the firm smoked ribs that take multiple hours you go to a restaurant for.  It's a shame really.  I don't blame you guys for changing though.  You have to make the customer happy.

On 2017-06-20 at 5:55 PM, Kreggerz said:

From a business POV, whatever the majority prefers.

The Buddha (a famous smoked ribs afficionado as you all no doubt know) pondered things for a long time and figured that the Middle Way is the best.

And I would have to agree. Similar very simple example, how to cook pasta. When you're a kid you want it soft and easy to eat. Then when you get into your 20s (and possibly a bit of a douchebag about how foods are supposed to be), it should be chewy enough to prove that it's al dente and then some. Five-ten years more and you're into trying to find that right spot somewhere near the middle that's right just for you.

Had an excellent dinner at smoking joes tonight.... the staff were great, attentive , and engaging..... the restaraunt itself was super nice... nice ambience.... the food was excellent.. I had the half rack daily special and the ribs were deliscous!!!!!  The French fries and BBQ baked beans were of high quality too.....and the coleslaw was very good...

my gf ordered pad Thai shrimp which was yummy and I also had a strawberry milkshake....

the bill was 790 baht! ... I can't wait to go back... I was super impressed....

Incredible value here folks.... in BKK my bill would have been well over 1000 baht...

5 hours ago, Memurtle said:

Oops I did it again.... so good and only 495 bahtc3d8cb8b3cfe1827841d7705fb697297.jpg cooked to perfection

You're a better man than I am Gungadin. First time in my life I ordered a doggy bag. Wonderful place

• Like 2

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 3 weeks later...

So I did make it to Smokin Joes during my June trip.  Barfined a couple girls from a beer bar I was hanging out at and headed over for lunch.  Unfortunately at 11:00 and they open at noon.  So we had an entirely forgettable lunch at a place nearby.

That evening I went back to the beer bar, asked the girls if the earlier barfine still counted.  It did and we went back.  The girls got steaks from the sister company next door.  I tasted one and it was excellent.  I had a half rack of Carolina ribs and fries. Easily the best I've had so far in Thailand, and a huge portion.  Had to switch to liquor that evening as there was no room for beer.  I'll be back.