Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ on Soi Lengkee

Evil Penevil

13 hours ago, Petesie said:

We've been to Steak 'n Co for our go to steak house & Crimbo meal for the last 3 years, always enjoyed the excellent food and friendly staff.

Not today; the meal took 55 minutes to reach our table and it had been reheated. The meat was tough and no white turkey meat in sight, gravy was cold & tasteless too. The staff who are usually efficient were dithering and no-one seemed in charge. The restaurant was not busy either.

It brings me no joy to report this as we were looking forward to their usual excellent fare. I hope this is just a transitional glitch.

Not surprised at all and what I was expecting. Like I said earlier in this post or a similar one, Ian was what was keeping the place as good as it was. 

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not surprised at all and what I was expecting. Like I said earlier in this post or a similar one, Ian was what was keeping the place as good as it was. 

I'm not usually one to whinge, I do understand that this is Thailand so account for language etc. when ordering. This was a cock up, they knew we were there but did nothing about it despite 2 reminders; only when I said we were leaving was it brought from the kitchen.

We then went to the movies where I had to leave halfway through to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes. Instead of a good night out I spent the evening on my couch watching TV between the toilet dash.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

54 minutes ago, Petesie said:

I'm not usually one to whinge, I do understand that this is Thailand so account for language etc. when ordering. This was a cock up, they knew we were there but did nothing about it despite 2 reminders; only when I said we were leaving was it brought from the kitchen.

We then went to the movies where I had to leave halfway through to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes. Instead of a good night out I spent the evening on my couch watching TV between the toilet dash.

Horror film? its ok to get scared.

On 10/06/2017 at 07:32, steak&co said:

Our take away menu is now printed and available in the restaurant, call and collect or we can arrange delivery in Central Pattaya via motor-bike taxi at an additional cost (basically whatever the bike drivers wants i.e 40-80 baht). Our aim is to get these menu's in to some local bar's / hotels, I'm sure they will be some hiccups along the way but we will endeavour to make it as smooth as possible.  

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 1.jpg

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 2.jpg

Just curious; what are the daily specials?

44 minutes ago, rebel_1812 said:

Just curious; what are the daily specials?

You're quoting a 2 year old post and asking the old owner, no idea if the new owners kept the daily specials or not.

On 31/12/2019 at 10:28, Ohyesuare said:

You're quoting a 2 year old post and asking the old owner, no idea if the new owners kept the daily specials or not.

Yea the best thing do do is check the Facebook pages of Smokin' Joe's BBQ and Steak & Co. for up to date specials ... the new owner has added many new deal! :Clap:

On 26/12/2019 at 17:13, Petesie said:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I know Joe (the new Korean owner) is trying to make a number of improvements / changes, the quality of the food and service must always be his number one consideration. 

1 hour ago, steak&co said:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I know Joe (the new Korean owner) is trying to make a number of improvements / changes, the quality of the food and service must always be his number one consideration. 

Thanks for the response, appreciated. Best of luck to Joe in his new endeavour. 

My 2 main concerns were how quickly the service had diminished and of course the quality of the food; as said before I understood the Xmas rush but there were perhaps a total of 8 people in the restaurant, 4 people came in 20 minutes later and were served before us. 

I'll wait till some more good reports come in before I return; you know yourself reputation is everything so I look forward to making a positive contribution.

1 hour ago, steak&co said:

Joe (the new Korean owner) is trying to make a number of improvements / changes

Had many meals in both the restaurants since thy opened always top notch which is some achievement in Pattaya.
If it ain’t broken .

• 2 weeks later...

I had last been to steak & co about a year ago,today had a medium rare Angus fillet 200g(it was at least that) and imo I’m glad to report it’s as good as it ever was,and for 595 baht before 18.00 has to be one of the best deals in town.

The lobster bisque for 160b is also great..

On 02/01/2020 at 17:00, Petesie said:

Thanks for the response, appreciated. Best of luck to Joe in his new endeavour. 

My 2 main concerns were how quickly the service had diminished and of course the quality of the food; as said before I understood the Xmas rush but there were perhaps a total of 8 people in the restaurant, 4 people came in 20 minutes later and were served before us. 

I'll wait till some more good reports come in before I return; you know yourself reputation is everything so I look forward to making a positive contribution.

If it can help, been there last week for the standard breakfast after a long absence (i don't live in the area anymore) and it was business as usual.

Great news, we will return. :wink:

Very good news, always had a good meal there before the change of ownership, I will give it another shot soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good news ! I´ll be back next trip, always one of my favourite spots in Patts.

Thanks for the info.