IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ on Soi Lengkee

Evil Penevil

Thanks, yes this new restaurant is a very welcome addition to our local options. I've only so far tried the chicken, but there is every sign they are doing the BBQ right for the meats and that's kind of exciting. 

Edited by Kreggerz

great review thank you  :GoldenSmile1:

I did have the pleasure of trying the ribs last week

Cooked perfectly meat firm but tender nice sauce.

Not sure what animal it was from if it was pig they have giant mutant pigs roaming about somewhere as the half rack was massive and I could only get through half of it. 

I had the mashed potatoes and though they were ok I felt that they dragged the meal down as they were quiet ordinary, they could of been jushed up a bit. 

To be clear they were fine but Steak and Co and now Smokin Joes are places where I feel disappointed if I have a merely good meal.

Unfair perhaps but I expect excellent every time and I have only been disappointed occasionally with a good meal.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

been waiting for someone to try this and post a pic, that sandwich looks outstanding.......thanks again Evil

I'm so gonna crush those ribs when I get there.

I had the ribs a few days ago

Best i have eaten in Thailand going back 25 years++

The French fries I had as one of the sides were cooked perfectly

You will not be disappointed.

• Like 2

Looking forward to try in the new year...

I had the ribs a few days ago

Best i have eaten in Thailand going back 25 years++

The French fries I had as one of the sides were cooked perfectly

You will not be disappointed.

I am a rib guy.Seriously.

I have my own smoker at the house,I break down all my own pork,from head to toe.

I make my own bacon,hams and ribs.

I can't wait.

I am a rib guy.Seriously.

I have my own smoker at the house,I break down all my own pork,from head to toe.

I make my own bacon,hams and ribs.

I can't wait.

The ribs served up at Joes are not the best I have ever eaten

But are the best I have ever eaten in Thailand

You will not be disappointed .

In approx 77 minutes I will be off to Joes for the 299 Baht rib special 555

• Like 2

The ribs served up at Joes are not the best I have ever eaten

But are the best I have ever eaten in Thailand

You will not be disappointed .

In approx 77 minutes I will be off to Joes for the 299 Baht rib special 555

pictures, lots and lots of pictures

Oh I love bbq! Looking forward to trying the ribs here when i come down 2nd week of Jan. I always thought Pattaya needed a decent bbq place where they actually smoked the meat.

Best ribs ive had in Thailand are smoking pug in BKK which are excellent. Problem with that place nowdays is getting a table as its moved up to a top 3 restaurant in BKK on tripadvisor. Best ribs ive had in America were in Lockhart, Texas. 

I will definitely try this restaurant out on my next visit to Pattaya!

Walked past this place a few times but never went inside. Will have to make a visit on my next trip!

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

Was in last night, nice meal. Place was busy, staff were flat out. Tables are a bit small. All in all, a welcome addition to Pattaya, price reasonable.

drove by about 10 after the movies, seemed like a lot of table late, looks appealing from the outside

Ate tonight there. Had the half rack ribs honey and garlic sauce. Mate had the hawian. No complaints. Pink tender pork. Sides were.perfect. Both of us couldnt finish the ribs. Huge. Service was fantastic. Will returrn.

Downside cant buy brisket on its own unless I missed it? Burger or served with ribs only?

Good place to order the party platter and share a bit of everything with your mates.

7480e2bc62769748396d470dd5e9d42d.jpg

ummm

Guys I think we should just use this Smokin Joes topic for our reviews as the business topic by them has been hijacked by one BM with his suggestions.

Great review by Evil, as always and a nice one by Swinga,

We always need photos of the food to get a better picture (LOL) of what's actually on offer and a description of the tastes.

Evil has provided pictures of the menu here and I'm hoping you other guys who dine there will share your photos and and taste descriptions here.

Thanks

Edited by CuppaTea

Eating here currently got the 300 half slab ribs special and have to say the ribs are amazing. Fries and Mac n cheese r good to. I'd almost guess they lose money on this special it's such a good deal. I'll be back for sure!

• Like 1

How come those ribs are so big? I have never seen pigs with ribs that size. I take it they are pork ribs. They were very pink. Most ribs I have had were brown. Or are they beef ribs?

So our 4th visit, the our being my manager David and me. On this occasion we wanted to sample it all to see what improvements had been made. Therefore we foolishly ordered the Smokin Joe's Feast at something like 999 baht, it consisted of half a smoked chicken, a half rack of ribs, pulled pork, brisket plus 4 sides = potato salad, BBQ beans, chips and onion rings. The minute it arrived we knew we were in trouble;

smokin joes.jpg

Now the picture may not show it but this was a large plate and the ribs were supported by an abundance of pulled pork and even more brisket. David as people who have been to the Den will certify is a substantial man but we both sat back in awe. This plate held enough meat to feed 4 hungry men, without the sides. 

Ok to the subject in hand, the ribs had if it were possible improved on our last visit SJ's get an "A" on the ribs. The chicken was moist and full of flavour and my American friend declared it on par with the ribs, "A". The pulled pork was so delicious we both wanted to get a french loaf, fill it  with the pork and we would have been well satisfied with just that, "A"  The beans of which there has been much debate were a 100% improvement from when we last tried them, they were too sweet for my taste but there were none left by the time we finished, "B-" as it was to sweet for me and I was paying.

Now to the brisket, last time we found it tough and felt it needed cooking longer as there was still too much fat in it, at the time we gave it a "C-" This time it would have made a healthy "A" except it was cut to thick, some of it was cut thinner and the difference was very noticeable, due to that we dropped the brisket to a "B"

Everything that was suppose to be hot was piping hot so another "A"

David took enough away in a box to cover his late night dinner when watching a movie at home later.

The place was full the whole time we were there and the staff were busy but seemed to get everything right with a smile. 

It does not need it but I wholly recommend Smokin Joe's

Now Skalliwag you are so going to crush those ribs when you get here, how about a rib crushing with my proxy champion David :Evil_Grin2: 

Edited by Cerberus