IGNORED

Patong updates?

Sekmet

It’s been a couple of years since I have been there. I have a friend with a boat in Chalong, but I usually stay about a week in Patong for mongering before I head over there. I have tried to stay up to date on things through ThaiVisa, but it is not always easy sifting through the garbage posts.

I’m new to this forum. My questions are about hotels, restaurants and mongering in general.

Places I’ve stayed in the past - Summer Breeze; Bill is a great guy, it is close to Bangla, but no balconies, no elevator and Sansabai stays up quite late – it also floods quite regularly. C&N, breaskfast, balconies, elevator but deafening sounds from TaiPan. The Bliss, great swimming pool, balconies, decent breakfast, quiet – but a long way from anywhere. So, I’m looking for a midrange hotel, w/balcony, elevator, possibly pool that is, of course guest friendly. Reasonably quiet is nice also. I’m leaning toward the Crystal Beach. Any experience with that venue, or any other suggestions?

Also looking for a decent restaurant with all day breakfast, late night food that is not terribly expensive – it doesn’t have to be the same one, but within walking (stumbling distance) of my hotel. I really don’t want to take a tuk-tuk or even motorbike taxi if I don’t have to.

General mongering questions:  obviously the talent isn’t going to be as good as Pattaya or NEP, but have things dried up? For example, is it mostly older girls, uglier girls, or available girls commanding high prices? Is TF a better option.

Thanks in advance. 

I just stayed at Hemingways Silk , nice hotel with pool on the roof , rooms really nice with a comfy bed , I would pass on the food but there is a good sandwich place at the end of the street and The Chang Club across the road which has good food , the markets are close with plenty of food also , its about 5-10 minute walk from Bangla where the action is and don't worry there is plenty of ladies about especially at the Discos

I stayed at The Gig hotel back in August. It's a new hotel, got a good rate off Agoda. Checks off all of your requirements.

It's on a little soi off sansabai so a little bit more quieter also.

As LRanger said, Yorkshire hotel does a great all day breakfast. Stumbled down there most arvos to get a bellys worth.

So many places to eat on Sansabai didn't really venture to far off it to eat.

Mongering wise, Bangla has some top talent, beer bar quality eclipses Pattaya easily.

FL scene is quite different to BKK and Patts. I think its harder for the girls there cos most blokes are there to party, not necessarily to monger. Its just a case of being matter of fact to let the girl know.

Illusion has some stunners, and I'm pretty sure Hollywood has reopened too. That place was wall to wall stunners 2 years ago, not sure how it fares nowadays.

Agogo's are pretty much a waste of time in Patong. That's one thing that hasn't changed. Some top talent, but they will come at a hefty price. And thats across the board. LD's, BF's and girls fee are high!

No real set prices that I could gauge, girls would quote all sorts. Would get high quotes and low quotes, just a matter of bargaining to something your happy to pay.

I did notice a shift towards girls preferring ST over LT this time round though.

Gig hotel is not girlfriendly. 1,000 baht joiner fee. many of the nicer (4-star) hotels are not girlfriendly.

Sleep With Me (yes, that is really the name of a hotel), Blue Ocean Resort also 1,000 baht joiner fee.

Mazi Design, 500 baht joiner fee.

i was just there beginning of December and the best looking girls are in the Agogos. yes, their fees are also higher.

the best of the best was Harem. #2 Exotica and #3 Suzy Wong's.

barfine in Harem was 5,000 all-in (ST). bar gets 2K, girl gets 3K. sorry, but i forgot the BFs at the other two places.

i also met up with a couple of ladies from TF. nothing to write home about. good, but not worth a repeat performance. 3K (LT)

also met a lady at Illusions. 2K (ST). again, not worth a repeat performance.

i'd say from my experience, the girls were asking a little more than in Pattaya. not an exorbitant amount, but a little bit.

age range was comparable to Pattaya, just a lot fewer girls available to choose from.

Gig Hotel is not girlfriendly. 1,000 baht joiner fee.

The Gig didn't have joiner fee back in August. Confirmed via email prior to booking.

Took a girl every night no problems. On one night everything closed at 2am, mate and I grabbed a couple girls and hit my room. Checked in 2 ID's still no problem.

A girl I've known a few years didn't have her ID, after a quick chat with the bloke behind the desk, she was allowed up.

So unless their policy changed recently, I'll mostly likely be staying there again in October. Will contact and again prior to booking.

The Gig didn't have joiner fee back in August. Confirmed via email prior to booking.

Took a girl every night no problems. On one night everything closed at 2am, mate and I grabbed a couple girls and hit my room. Checked in 2 ID's still no problem.

A girl I've known a few years didn't have her ID, after a quick chat with the bloke behind the desk, she was allowed up.

So unless their policy changed recently, I'll mostly likely be staying there again in October. Will contact and again prior to booking.

policy may have changed. check before you book again.

i was in Patong beginning of this month (December) and inquired at the front desk as i was looking to change my hotel. they quoted me 1000 baht joiner fee. maybe they didn't like me. maybe i'm not hansum man... 555.

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

IME, some hotels (The Lantern Resort, among others) are GF in low season but will charge a joiner fee in high season. As stated above, though, almost any 4-star or better hotel will charge a joiner fee.

Archived