liger79

Vietscam?

liger79

Hi,

I've been chatting to a lady online, When we text her english level is okay, when we cam her english is awful. I always thought its easier to learn to speak a language rather then write in it... Is there any common scams going on I might not be aware of. Most of her pics seem to be pre taken. She hasn't asked for anything or any money,.

Cheers

ricktoronto

Pre taken vs. what?

The haven't asked for things at all is a sure sign of a scam.

JohnnyC3D

she is likely using a translator for the text communication, thats why her english isn't very good when you speak via webcam. 

Jarrod2518

She will have done one of two things;-

1. asked the assistance of a friend or workmate with better English language skills to draft message,or
  2. set out her text in Thai then had it translated into English by translation software before sending it to you.

I have been asked on a few ocassions by BGs to help draft a reply to an overseas punter.  You can do number (2) and send your messages in Thai.

Are your Thai language skills better than her English language skills?

nurass

Mate of mine is mad for the pinays. He was getting into a bit of webcamming with his cock out. The scam was blackmailing him ie pay money or else she would send pics to family etc. Good reason not to give too much (any?) personal info to strangers.

bfinkay

The VIetnamese girls can chat online better than talk, it's just how they learn English as they have VN teachers for reading/writing and are lucky if they can get foreign teachers for the speaking/listening skills.

There's also the accents too which throws them as they might learn from US teachers so have a hard time understanding the beautiful Australian accent for example. Good Luk speaking to them if you are Scottish or Irish.

Then there's the working girls that learn speaking through the trade.

liger79

Pre taken vs. what?

The haven't asked for things at all is a sure sign of a scam.

I mean pretaken rather than the likes of taking a selfie there a selfie there and then and sending it.

Mate of mine is mad for the pinays. He was getting into a bit of webcamming with his cock out. The scam was blackmailing him ie pay money or else she would send pics to family etc. Good reason not to give too much (any?) personal info to strangers.

I've heard of that one,  Whats you FB, etc etc then caught rubbing one out on cam and hit up for some cash.  I was just wondering if there are other scams I might not have picked up on yet, hence asking people with more experience of that neck of the woods.

The VIetnamese girls can chat online better than talk, it's just how they learn English as they have VN teachers for reading/writing and are lucky if they can get foreign teachers for the speaking/listening skills.

There's also the accents too which throws them as they might learn from US teachers so have a hard time understanding the beautiful Australian accent for example. Good Luk speaking to them if you are Scottish or Irish.

Ha ha, yes i'm Irish and she struggles to understand me most of the time.

Klaang

The Google Viet-English-Viet translation software is very good and super fast. Plus there's instant voice replay. It can even read Viet without its diacritics and still fairly consistently return the most likely meaning in English. Just Google it and the top result will be the translation generator.

liger79

Thanks all.

I've spent a while trying to chat to her. Doesn't seem to be a scam... just a piss poor girl looking to latch onto a western so she doesn't need to worry about getting an education or job. That's me paraphrasing her words.

I've spoken to a couple of women and and after a while when trying to get a little bit more information they seem to be reluctant about giving anything away. And no contact for a few days with lame excuses for disappearing.

h.harris

I'm Vietnamese-American and married a Vietnamese in Vietnam. That is true that Vietnamese can read and write 100% better than speaking especially is she or he is shy. In fact, everytime we went to VN to visit family, all of our relatives asked my kids speaking English to their kids so they can practice speaking. I don't think it's scam, it is just the way it is Sir.