Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Base Pattaya- Guest friendly?

wanderer9577

My vacation request was approved (YES!!!) so I will be back again in March for my 3rd visit.  I have seen some good deals on AirBnB for the Base Pattaya.  Have anyone stayed at this location?  If so, any problems bringing friends back?  My plan right now is to stay at this location for a couple of nights based on the BnB rates since I like being on high floors for a few nights during a stay.  Then moving over to possible Bay Breeze for a night or two and then Soi 6 if any rooms are still available for that time.

Thanks!

I was there in August and can say the is no problem bringing a friend back for ST or over night. There is guard room at the entrance road where the Lady of the moment will leave her ID card and a couple of other guards whose main job appears to smile and salute you as you walk by.  I was on the 28th floor of tower A and had a great view of the bay and south Pattaya. 

I am back there in February for 9 nights. The Base is in a great location. You should have a good time staying there.

No problems with bringing lady guests back to The Base, except sometimes some cheeky remarks from the guards.

No problems with bringing lady guests back to The Base, except sometimes some cheeky remarks from the guards.

What would they say if you bring an entire entourage of girls? ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi when a girl comes to visit did you have to come down to security to get her?

Vincent Law

Hi when a girl comes to visit did you have to come down to security to get her?

Yes. Security entry system by lifts.

• Like 1

Yes. Security entry system by lifts.

Thanks. A deal breaker. Will avoid.

Vincent Law

• 1 year later...

So, the Base is an apartment. Do the management clean the room and change the linens & towels daily?

I plan to stay for one month, booking via AirBnB offers 50% discount which is a good deal. 

The ad say breakfast is offered, but does the apartment has its restaurant?  

Edited by tonyacat

41 minutes ago, tonyacat said:

So, The Base is an apartment. Do the management clean the room and change the linens & towels daily?

I plan to stay for one month, booking via AirBnB offers 50% discount which is a good deal. 

The ad say breakfast is offered, but does the apartment has its restaurant?  

nope. u will have to get it cleaned on your own. if i wanted my room cleaned, i would just message the host a day in advance.  i paid the cleaners directly.  

there are no restaurants at the base so i doubt you are getting breakfast

Edited by jsmithj88
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jsmithj88 said:

nope. u will have to get it cleaned on your own. if i wanted my room cleaned, i would just message the host a day in advance.  i paid the cleaners directly.  

there are no restaurants at The Base so i doubt you are getting breakfast

Had the same experience. 

• 1 month later...

Once the outside guards know you, they're pretty laid back and will let you enter without delay.  Easy to bring back joiners entering with you past the guards, then a  short walk to buildings.  as parking area for motorbike parking in case you decide to be brave.    No restaurants on site, but just next to the always open Kiss restaurant, and many nearby massage shops.  Have stayed at The Base three times in last three years...getting more crowded and less organized every year.  Rentals usually have minimal towels and sheets, so laundry becomes a daily issue.  Best to compare pricing vs. hotel room with kitchen...quality can vary on air BNB...some well furnished with washer, nice sheets, towels, etc..some very sparce.

• Like 1