Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Only 2 Visa Exempt Entries At Border Crossings Per Calendar Year Effective Dec 31st

socrates

Thank fuck i'm not an Alien.

Won't effect me. I only visit twice a year.

It's a bit of a non story really. If you want to visit more often or for longer, just get the proper visa. Easy.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

For as far as i know this rule is already in force for the last 2 years . 

For as far as i know this rule is already in force for the last 2 years . 

Maybe in force, but definitely not enforced.

But if it is, I will adjust. The reason I only rely on visa excemptitions now is that.... well, why not? If you're not violating any law, and it's free, then I don't see a problem with it.

(Dog knows I spend enough money in that country. And I'm rather convinced I'm one of the "good guys in" people that they actually want.)

Land borders only.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...

It's not quite a non story one good thing is that anyone who used to only get 15 days at the border now gets 30 days.

It's probably just designed to stop Asians who with here like Filipino teachers. Most tourists won't be affected by it and if you are you have 4 months to sort something out.

It might fuck up the backpackers who use Thailand as a hub like I did 15 years ago.

I can see a lot Asians who come here to work without the correct visas comeing here for the last 4 months of the year and the first 4 months of the next year. Then going home for 4 months and then repeating assuming they don't change the rules.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I mention d this to a Filipina last night who I know is a regular border visitor. No prooblem she said I will go to one border 2 times, then another 2 times, then another 2 times. I tried to the explain how,the IO are linked and this plan was unlikely to work but she seemed unfazed by the whole,thing. I for a shock I think !

It's not quite a non story one good thing is that anyone who used to only get 15 days at the border now gets 30 days.

Where is it stated that there is any change in the number of days people get. As far as I know people (other than those with G7 passports) who can get visa waiver stay only get 15 days at a land crossings. People with G7 passports get 30 days which has been the case for some time now.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Where is it stated that there is any change in the number of days people get. As far as I know people (other than those with G7 passports) who can get visa waiver stay only get 15 days at a land crossings. People with G7 passports get 30 days which has been the case for some time now.

Also I can confirm my ex form the Philippines recently got 30 days

And there is loads about it on another Fourm I sure you can guess what one.

EDIT looks like I was wrong about everyone but still a lot of country's.

Screenshot_2017-02-02-18-18-48.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2017-02-02-18-18-48.png

Also I can confirm my ex form the Philippines recently got 30 days

And there is loads about it on another Fourm I sure you can guess what one.

EDIT looks like I was wrong about everyone but still a lot of country's.

Thanks for that. Yes they have expanded the number of countries that can get 30 days at land crossings. It's good information.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

My girlfriend is Lao and has been doing visa runs for awhile now not sure if the new regulations affect her since Lao, Burma and Malaysia all are not on the list.

IMG_6323.JPG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I live in Cambodia and sometimes come across the land border to Thailand for a weeks holiday. I prefer to go by private car than fly as I find it easier.

So now if I have to fly in I will probably come less. 

Never mind.

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

Was talking to a girl in Vientiane last month and she just took a 50Bht boat at night crossing the Mekong into Thailand and vice versa ... lol . 

My girlfriend is Lao and has been doing visa runs for awhile now not sure if the new regulations affect her since Lao, Burma and Malaysia all are not on the list.

I read somewhere that people with passports in neighboring countries are ok.

I read somewhere that people with passports in neighboring countries are ok.

This doesn't apply to the neighboring countries (Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar), they have bilateral agreements with Thailand and different rules.

It only applies to the countries on the Visa Exemption list.

All the different countries and what applies to them are on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website although enforcement policies like this may not be shown and it has not been updated to reflect the change from 15 day back to 30 for the non-G7 countries.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/home

Archived