IGNORED

Maytara

biggsy

Hey guys, been reading the Trip Advisor reviews about Maytara hotel and most seem very positive, am just checking if anyonr can add their own thoughts if they've had a recent stay there.

Particularly interested in the comfort of the beds, I'm not a big fan of sleeping on a bed that feels like concrete. Cheers in advance.

I stayed here for a week in October 2015 in a pool access room.

Rooms are decorated in an old fashioned sort of style and quite sparsely so at that; I've no recollection of the bed being comfortable or uncomfortable to be honest.

The hotel is a bit open with a more of a motel almost feel about it - the doors to the rooms back out onto communal balconies overlooking the Tipp Plaza and the backs of a couple of the restaurants there although you do have to go past reception to access them.

Staff were quite laid back and wifi was a bit hit and miss. I think the location and pool access rooms are the best reason to stay here. Ok but better options available for similar money around that location in my opinion...

Stayed there in april 2014.. on the 4th floor befs were super comfortable nice size rooms not large but ok size.. the showers were quite large and open and the showers were great woth large capacity shower heads.. definateley fun with a couple of girls in there with you.... but overall nice and clean well located.. and very comfortable bed...

Thanks for the replies guys, the comfy beds have sold me, I'll give it a try in April.

I've stayed in this hotel 6 months ago. The room size is quite decent and the bed is definitely not hard, just about right for me. Didn't do the breakfast as there are many options around. For the pricing I'm sure there are many other options available. It's definitely worth a try if you had not stay there before.

Have stayed here many times. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Beds are very comfy and the bedding is plush. Every room above first floor has a balcony. Swimming pool and a great location. Always booked on Agoda for around $1,000 baht in low season.

Hi Biggsy,

This is my normal base, I love the beds, extremely comfortable, Large bathroom, easily get two or three in shower :-)

Very girl friendly, great location, Staff friendly, lots of all day breakfast options around 100 Baht nearby.

I usually stay on upstairs rom with a balcony, more private and cheaper. has a lift and good spa as well

Well worth a stay.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

very nice hotel with 2 major cons

1- because all the room doors have outside access it gets street noise all day and night

2-when maid cleans the room she leaves the door room open and there are mosquitos all inside the room. 

you can find a solution to mosquitos for 60baht in 7/11 but outside noise is a big problem for me.

http://www.macksearplugs.com/detacls/ear-plugs-for-swimming/pillow-soft-earplugs-6-pair-value

Mack's are the key to never missing out on a great hotel because of noise ...

Maytara scores 8.2 in my model - reviews very well, has a pool girl-friendly, all that good stuff.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Archived