Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Live Youtube | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls On Tour YouTube | Pattaya Girls on Tour Facebook | Pattaya Girls on Tour YouTube 2 | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Sim

zodiak

I recently got an iPhone. Better to get a Thai sim at the airport, or leave it in Airplane mode and rely on free wifi???

ZODIAK

You're the only one who knows the answer ...  :Think1: . 

Did you keep your old phone?  You could buy a SIM for that phone and use it as mobile hotspot.  

My experience is that there is not much free WIFI in Patts.

What sort of voice/data plan do you have on the iPhone?  Be careful that you do not rack up a f*@king huge bill with roaming.  Setting 'Airplane Mode', or turning off cellular services will help prevent that.

Finally:  You don't say where you are from, but your bio says UK.  I assume, therefore, that your iPhone is not locked and that you would be able to use a local SIM.

My final thoughts:  Buy the SIM.  You don't say length of trip.  But a 5 day service plan is only 300 baht from TRUE or DTAC.  And it only takes minutes at the airport.  Then you will be rolling in data.  Don't let the bits get stuck in your butt crack.

Is your phone unlocked, first of all?  

As Jerry said, we don't know since you haven't told us what you'll be using it for/how often you'll intend to be using it.  :Dunno:

If you're an older gentleman who just checks his email a couple times a day, no. If you're a younger guy with an active online life, yes. 

In my own opinion, better to buy a SIM card and have a service package set up upon arrival, than try to look around for free wifi wherever you go.

You may want/need service while you are 'on the move' and need directions, or keeping in touch with your new lady friends via LINE, or you're bored at a bar or restaurant or wherever...

Cheers guys. I am from the UK and the phone is on contract. Not sure if it is unlocked but hoping they can crack it even if it is. Taking my old phone as a back up, but that is no good for interne. Plan to use it for Thai Friendly, LINE, and checking my emails.

ZODIAK

If its a UK iphone on contract it's 90% certain to be locked. The network may unlock it for you for a small fee - check with them first on their unlock policy.

You can't get it unlocked in Thailand, don't even try.

Far better to leave in the safe and use your old phone with a local sim if its a smart phone - if not and you are planning to travel regularly buy a cheap smart phone in the Tuk Com centre.

Archived