IGNORED

New Hopf Brewhouse

davidge

I noticed a sign saying 'Hopf Brewhouse Coming Soon' on a building on the corner of Thappraya Rd and Soi 10, Thappraya. It's a little closer to Jomtien than The Axis and a little closer to Pattaya than The Wooden Box - on the other side of the road.

I couldn't see an Opening Date.

IMG_5818.JPG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

That's beyond Walking Street I don't even go as far as half way and that ends being reconstructed or something, anyway good luck for the German brew house or restaurant.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

That's beyond walking street I don't even go as far as half way and that ends being reconstructed or something, anyway good luck for the German brew house or restaurant.

It's nowhere near Walking Street: it's in Pratumnak/Jomtien at the top of Soi Pattaya Park.

Anyone who has actually been there will know that a bit lower down Thappraya Road, going towards Jomtien, there are many fairly upmarket restaurants that seem to do well, with new ones opening quite often. This new one is a little further away from those, and is on the site of a previously failed restaurant called (IIRC) "Williams" but it should attract both Thai and farang clients like the main branch on Pattaya Beach Road. I think it stands a good chance given the proximity of several thousand condo units in the area and the relative ease of access, though parking may be a bit of an issue. It will certainly appeal to anyone living nearby who doesnt want to use transport.

Personally I would also have looked at opening it on Jomtien Beach Road, but I'm sure that rents would be higher there.

short trip up the hill on a baht bus from south pattaya and looking at the map get off as it goes through the traffic lights at the top of hill.

pretty easy.

wow, will check this out. gonna be a nightmre for parking I think.   I really missed Berlin just outside walking street

It's not really German food though.

More known for their pizzas than anything else.

I've seen the sign for a few weeks now.  My only hope is that this an additional location and not a move since I really like their current location.

I think it was an Arab restaurant before. Just opposite Sugar Hut. Surprised nobody has opened where Manhattan was, great location,

It's not really German food though.

More known for their pizzas than anything else.

thats sucks, plenty of good pizza here, really looking for German food

I think it was an Arab restaurant before. Just opposite Sugar Hut. Surprised nobody has opened where Manhattan was, great location,

huge rent and lots of back money owed to the building.   If I ever wanted to open one that would be a great spot, really nicely done, and great when it started then a run downhill.  

I thought Williams was an American place ?

Asked my friend and he said teh sign there for a long time and looked like nothing going on

I thought Williams was an American place ?

I think that's the reason it failed: no one had any idea what it was. As far as I know it was Middle Eastern, as mentioned, though you would never have guessed it from the name or the outside decor. And the presence of a second "family entrance" always made me wonder who the other entrance was for and what was happening inside.

And the presence of a second "family entrance" always made me wonder who the other entrance was for and what was happening inside.

post-182959-0-10314800-1444462864.jpg

Reminds me of Saudi Arabia.

All restaurants have 'Family Sections' and 'Men Only' sections.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Reminds me of Saudi Arabia.

All restaurants have 'Family Sections' and 'Men Only' sections.

That was exactly what they were doing. Big fail.

Archived