IGNORED

Teeth Whitening

Mr-wrong

lol there was article on daytime tv end of last year about these mobile outfits using bleach 10x more than this allowed then at Dentists and the amount of damage it causes unseen for first few years

Too true. There is NO control in Thailand on what people do and NO come back when your teeth are damaged. It's easy to get white teeth, just use stronger hydrogen peroxide for other bleaching agents for longer. It's all too easy to damage your teeth. If you want white teath stick to regulated products in the west.

A lot of sensible comments above which I wont repeat.

OP asked about what you can't do or shouldn't do after treatment.

I had laser whitening done in Thantakit Dental Clinic Bangkok and they gave me a clear list of things to avoid for 4 days afterwards.

No dark or strongly coloured food or drink. So  I had to avoid tea, coffee, ketchup, coke, soy sauce, red wine etc etc. Apparently the tooth's surface after the laser and bleach treatment is more susepectible or open to staining.  

Also it was painful for about 24 hours after treatment. Quite strong shooting pains in the teeth. Paracetamol and lots of Sensodyne managed to control it.

I was very happy with the treatment and the result

I've had whitening done at Dentist@Beach in Central Festival Mall.

All the details are here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/62322-dentistbeach/

That review was from my first visit. I had it done again a year or two ago but didn't write up any details. Happy both times.

I've had whitening done at Dentist@Beach in Central Festival Mall.

All the details are here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/62322-dentistbeach/

That review was from my first visit. I had it done again a year or two ago but didn't write up any details. Happy both times.

Yep Dr Cherry did mine before I had subsequently had veneers

i definitely would NOT recommend dentist@beach in central. Went there for whitening, they had both uv and laser. chose laser option. Sat in the chair. The operator comes in and starts on me with the UV equipment (cheaper option). I thought maybe he was just starting that way and moving on to laser later. Nope. I should have spoken up but i waited. Eventually he says "ok all done". I look at the results - hardly any difference. He says "don't worry, not see result right away. you see white tomorrow". I think to myself "does he really think farangs are that stupid?" so i go to pay. They charge me for laser. I say "WTF? you did uv only!" then the guy has the cheek to claim that the machine he used was the laser machine (ie the one that said UV whitening" on the side of it. Fuck sake. He was adamant that the uv machine was not a uv machine. I eventually got thru to him that i wasn't an idiot and i knew the difference between a fucking blue lamp and a laser. cheeky bastards

I saw Dr Cherry for check - x-ray, cleaning and polishing yesterday at Paragon Dental Pattaya Klang opposite Century hotel just up from the intersection with Soi Buakhao

I asked her about whitening

Zoom is more expensive and for those who have more sensitive teeth

Laser cheaper but for less sensitive teeth

Results would be similar if you are careful what you eat and drink

However if you are not careful then Zoom would last longer

She told me I didn't need to have either and to use whitening tooth paste and floss religiously

i definitely would NOT recommend dentist@beach in central. Went there for whitening, they had both uv and laser. chose laser option. Sat in the chair. The operator comes in and starts on me with the UV equipment (cheaper option). I thought maybe he was just starting that way and moving on to laser later. Nope. I should have spoken up but i waited. Eventually he says "ok all done". I look at the results - hardly any difference. He says "don't worry, not see result right away. you see white tomorrow". I think to myself "does he really think farangs are that stupid?" so i go to pay. They charge me for laser. I say "WTF? you did uv only!" then the guy has the cheek to claim that the machine he used was the laser machine (ie the one that said UV whitening" on the side of it. Fuck sake. He was adamant that the uv machine was not a uv machine. I eventually got thru to him that i wasn't an idiot and i knew the difference between a fucking blue lamp and a laser. cheeky bastards

Well, in fairness, I don't know what you got, but the laser would have been UV also. That's the wavelength required to break down the hydrogen peroxide. The laser is coherent while the LED is not, but probably both UV. Perhaps the laser is more powerful.

I saw Dr Cherry for check - x-ray, cleaning and polishing yesterday at Paragon Dental Pattaya Klang opposite Century Hotel just up from the intersection with Soi Buakhao

I asked her about whitening

Zoom is more expensive and for those who have more sensitive teeth

Laser cheaper but for less sensitive teeth

Results would be similar if you are careful what you eat and drink

However if you are not careful then Zoom would last longer

She told me I didn't need to have either and to use whitening tooth paste and floss religiously

Ive noticed that before with Dr Cherry. She very keen to NOT sell you a service you dont need. I had a job literally to insist she did my veneers as she stated teeth were straight and white anyway. She did it but my opinion of her is excellent and Dr Warin her ex partner

Funny that about not wanting to do the veneers, they have different values to Aussie dentists. They refused to do mine at BIDC (Main clinic - Bangkok) because they said one gum was higher than the other and they would not be perfect.

“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

• 3 months later...
On 18/12/2016 at 8:06 AM, JohnRogers718 said:

I had mine done in October 2016.  I stayed at Pattaya and also Bangkok. I had it done in Bangkok at the Bangkok International Dental Hospital.

I was worried about the pain so they gave me two mild pain killers before starting(Tylenol 500mg).

The whole process took two hours.  30 minutes detailed cleaning then 90 minutes under the lights (with the cleaning agent being applied every 15 minutes).

Target was 5 shades lighter and managed to achieve with a minimum of fuss.

The process was completely painless and quite remarkably did not experience any pain in the days following the treatment.

It cost me a total of 11,350 Baht which was fantastic value compared to what it would have cost me in Australia.

was it with laser? is it a one time visit to the dentist, or do you need to have a follow up?

On 19/12/2016 at 11:17 AM, socrates said:

800-1200 baht is NOT Whitening treatment

The water jet treatment is a waste of time but good for those who have very sensitive teeth - its ok for a one off but over the course of time doesnt work

Most legit Whitening is between 4000 - 10000

I would advise doing it at the end of your holiday

why would you advise to do it at the end of the holiday?

can you recommend a place?

any other advise would you give?

I will provide as much information as I possibly can.  It was the Zoom procedure.  The procedure took 2 hours - 30 minutes spent on a very thorough clean and 90 minutes spent under the Zoom light with a gel applied every 15 minutes.

Total cost was 11,350 Baht and there were two people present at all times.  I suffer from tooth sensitivity and before the procedure they gave me two Tylenol 500mg.  To cut a long story short I slept through most of the procedure so it felt pretty quick and more importantly did not suffer from any sensitivity issues apart from an occasional short sharp pain during and after.  There was no need to take pain killers afterwards.

End result, teeth 5 shades whiter which looked great (and still look pretty good).  I am back in Bangkok in October 2017 and will get another clean.

They are a very professional organisation - well worth the money.

“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Archived