IGNORED

List of Golf bars, play dates and contacts

Grumbler

Seems the Pattaya News is no longer publishing a list of bars and where they are playing the next week.

Finding who is going where and when is such a mess now.

PSC publishes a list of their member bars for the month, but no contact information, tee times etc.

Any others you have to try to find individually by web seaching.

I am tempted to make a website to show ALL bars/groups, with ALL information.

Might even include proper maps not just google maps, coz i can never find ,for example, that short cut road that goes across the Buddha mountain, to Ban Chang area.

Unless someone knows a better way.

• 2 weeks later...

Well anyhow i am making a website containing all bars, all golf days and all golf related stuff for Pattaya.

Think it might be useful, see how it goes.

Grumbler,it's a good idea and I for one would use it.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

thanks Joe, its pretty complete now. Just have to finish putting in Jan 2017 days.

extras like maps, golf shops, driving ranges are also fairly complete.

don't know if i can put the site name here, its up and running.

Would really appreciate feedback from a users point of view.

And hopefully a list of pros or?

Where one can get lessons...like the short game lessons i,m looking for starting next week.

Id like to go out and shoot 9, 18 if I can manage it...with other total noobs, or a group that wouldnt mind a noob, with a friendly caddy...

But heck if I can figure out how to do it...

IYKYK

yep scuba i know that thanks.

My own preference is to see the bar name, the contact, the address, the course, the date etc etc. all together and then see the next one and the next one, without having to click a load of links and have 10 windows open as you try to collate the information.

here a screen dump of how i am formatting it.

Also there a search for a bar or a location.

and info on golf shops, driving ranges, instructors eetc etc.

post-141476-0-81417400-1482915396_thumb.jpg

Hi speedtoy, might be tricky to arrange but if you found a few others and organised transport, an outing to one of the Navy courses , there are 3 at Sattahip as well as the main course Plutaluang,

there are 2 nine hole courses and one 18 hole, cheap to play, like 400 baht, and never busy. Pull your on trolley or a caddy and/or cart available at one of them, you can play the 9  twice.

Good because you would not be under any pressure to keep moving. I have played alone at the 1st course, noone around and played 2 or 3 balls, very liesurely!

You won't find them on maps unfortunately, except my map when its finished. haaa haaaa!!

maybe i'll put a "golfers connect' service on my site....... might be a helpful idea.

instructors are listed, not many actually.

Only 3 with known names  are David Race and Bom at Diana driving range and the TPR Golf Academy at Greenway driving range.

There are thai instructors at Greenway, Longdrive, 300 yards driving ranges , and farang guys at Green Valley and others lurking around i am sure.

Personally i wouldn't go to any of them.

If you want short game knowledge you should ask me, i have  a wealth of knowledge about methods and am very good at it. (brag brag but not kidding).

A  good practice area is impossible to find inside Pattaya.

Also there are problems with lots of courses that have that awful leaf "grass" around  greens and are usually wet, normal methods often won't work in that situation because the ball sits down in the stuff and getting the club under it is not easy.

If the ball is actually on real grass chipping is dead easy.

There is one common fatal flaw most people make and you see it immediately they take the club away.

great info here i have used the GOLDEN FERRET golf society, very good and well run,no need to join, just put your name down the day before and turn up, they store clubs also, saves you dragging them around.

yep, see this is the problem with how things are now.

I know the name Golden Ferret from before, but in all my gathering of information they they not been seen once.

I guess they are not affiliated with PSC or IPGC.

this is what i have now, if you know any more please tell me.

Apples Irish
Ban Chang Golf Society
Beaver Bar
Blue Moose
Bunker Boys
Cafe Kronborg
Colins Golf
Donovans
German-Swiss
Gerrys Bar
I-rovers
Jomtien Clubhouse
Jomtien Golf at Frasers sports bar
Le Katai
Lewinskis
Outback Golf Bar
Pattaya Amateur Golf Series PAGS
Pattaya Golf Society (PGS)
PFGS Pratumnak Friendly Golf Society
Phantom Bar Golf Society
Retox Game On Bar
Richman Poorman
Shenanigans By The Lake
Siam Country Resort
Sugar Shack
Tara Court
The Backyard Golf Society
The Billabong Golf Club
The Golf Club
The Growling Swan
The Haven
The Links
Tropical Golf
Valley View Hackers

I am off to one of the navy courses today, so i can get some pics and report on it.

yep scuba i know that thanks.

My own preference is to see the bar name, the contact, the address, the course, the date etc etc. all together and then see the next one and the next one, without having to click a load of links and have 10 windows open as you try to collate the information.

here a screen dump of how i am formatting it.

Also there a search for a bar or a location.

and info on golf shops, driving ranges, instructors eetc etc.

attachicon.gifgolfdays_list.jpg

All of this info is already available at  birdie.in.th  as per  Post #3 .

It also includes the capacity to keep a USGA handicap  

AND  player statistics ,  Putts,  Fairways,  GIR .

with  NO  bragging involved ,  555

i agree bosso, they do a good job, not sure why you are pushing them and being negative to my thing.

And not "all" as you say is available at birdie, they dont have driving ranges, golf shops, instructors or localized maps.

they do'nt have Ban Chang Golf Society, The Blue Moose, Gerrys Bar, Phantom bar Golf society, Richman Poorman, The Backyard Golf Society or Valley View Hackers,

so you are far from correct.

There are different ways of doing things, my approach is much more localized, with local information you won't find at birdie.

I had never heard of birdie until you mentioned them, i wonder how many others are the same.

In the end the customer decides what they like better, lets give them some options.

There are a fuck ton of golf society's in Pattaya. I think it comes down to either picking one to golf with or picking the courses you want to play and bounce around all the time.

I don't play much society golf anymore since I joined Siam but I still play on occasion with Colin's or The Golf Club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i agree bosso, they do a good job, not sure why you are pushing them and being negative to my thing.

And not "all" as you say is available at birdie, they dont have driving ranges, golf shops, instructors or localized maps.

they do'nt have Ban Chang Golf Society, The Blue Moose, Gerrys Bar, Phantom bar Golf society, Richman Poorman, The Backyard Golf Society or Valley View Hackers,

so you are far from correct.

There are different ways of doing things, my approach is much more localized, with local information you won't find at birdie.

I had never heard of birdie until you mentioned them, i wonder how many others are the same.

In the end the customer decides what they like better, lets give them some options.

I would ask after your relative short experience , that you feel the need to re-invent the wheel.

& there will always be a few omissions & conversely , extras on any site , as Bars come & go , eg Phantom Bar.

As for "customer" there is zero payment associated with Birdie , with the USGA handicap & stats availability a big plus in my opinion.

I have zero financial interest in the website operations , just pointing out what I consider to be a product available for all , at NO cost .

With as I said , NO bragging  !

Seems the Pattaya News is no longer publishing a list of bars and where they are playing the next week.

Finding who is going where and when is such a mess now.

PSC publishes a list of their member bars for the month, but no contact information, tee times etc.

Any others you have to try to find individually by web seaching.

I am tempted to make a website to show ALL bars/groups, with ALL information.

Might even include proper maps not just google maps, coz i can never find ,for example, that short cut road that goes across the Buddha mountain, to Ban Chang area.

Unless someone knows a better way.

Interesting you mention the short cut to Ban Chang...I'm assuming that's to get to Emerald?

Our 1st trip to Emerald, our driver was a useless as tits on a bull. We seemed to be going forever.....I could see on the basic golf map that we went the "long" way.

It seemed to me that down past St Andrews was the quicker way....funnily enough, THAT'S the way he took us home.

Next time, different driver and we went past the Bhudda mountain.

Recently we've had a seriously good driver and he took us on a shortcut which actually had signposts saying "Shortcut to Emerald GC" I swear we cut the driving time by a 1/3rd.

He also took us through a back way to Pattana....a very quiet road and less time driving.

I reckon this bloke studies the routes the night before (he's told by his boss which golf club he's going to) and just gets us there with minimal fuss.

Been lost so many times with useless drivers in the past.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

I have seen that short cut to Emerald sign/road but never taken it, but that is when you are coming down from road 36 (the big highway to rayong) and onto road 3376 to go past Green valley, that way is definitely longer to get to Emerald. Most locals go via the Buddha  mountain road. I can never find Buddha mountain road turn off, so down Sukhumvit and left turn into road 332 to Ban Chang is not much further and easier driving. its a choice to approach from the north or the south.

Hi speedtoy, might be tricky to arrange but if you found a few others and organised transport, an outing to one of the Navy courses , there are 3 at Sattahip as well as the main course Plutaluang,

there are 2 nine hole courses and one 18 hole, cheap to play, like 400 baht, and never busy. Pull your on trolley or a caddy and/or cart available at one of them, you can play the 9  twice.

Good because you would not be under any pressure to keep moving. I have played alone at the 1st course, noone around and played 2 or 3 balls, very liesurely!

You won't find them on maps unfortunately, except my map when its finished. haaa haaaa!!

maybe i'll put a "golfers connect' service on my site....... might be a helpful idea.

Grumbler:

I dont arrive for another...13 days, I'll let you continue to flesh out your WWW page, and hope to see your listed hints/maps/info available then.   :)

Carry on!

IYKYK

Archived