IGNORED

Site to avoid fees?

unklej

Agoda etc incur a 17% fee, are there any sites that you don't have to pay fees?

Suppose I can just find the place I want and book direct through the hotel website and avoid fees?

Agoda quotes rates excluding thai taxes. The 17% are those taxes unless things have changed on the site.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agoda quotes rates excluding thai taxes. The 17% are those taxes unless things have changed on the site.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hmmm I'm not really clued up on this kinda stuff. Maybe this is a stupid question haha

Agoda's fee structure is 7% tax, 10% service fee, and you can set your view to include or not include.

You can find hotels any old way you want, but if you want to book in advance with a credit card, you're probably going to pay some kind of fee somewhere along the line - unless the hotel has a direct booking option, which may just be a deposit hold on your credit card funds until you get to the property, and then they want cash.

It costs money to provide a website where this information is available.  Someone has to pay for it, right?

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Agoda advertises excluding tax and service fees . Tax you have to pay anyway on every official booking . 

IME Agoda is still the cheapest . Walk in rates are 9 out of 10 times higher . 

Sometimes you can get a better price dealing straight with the hotel but usually only for a longer stay . 

hotels have to pay a 22% fee to Agoda for advertising on their website , if you mention this to the right 

person they're sometimes willing to give you a better price not using Agoda

agoda_rate_reset.JPG

Here's how to adjust your rate basis view and your currency ... 

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

I usually search on Agoda, they do actually have many places with discounts so even after their fees, they are cheaper but you can also check against the hotel website once you find a place on Agoda

After Agoda, I tend to book the most hotels on hotels.com, I free night after 10 nights booked = 10% discount.

use booking.com which shows you the  full price up front (and often you don't have to pay in advance either).

Agoda will lure you in with amazing prices then add on a load of bullshit charges on the final click of the booking process and hope you dont notice. Avoid them!!!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

See Post #7 of this thread.  You do not have to be surprised by Agoda in any way if you choose not to be surprised by them :)

Booking and Agoda are owned by the same company ... of course, the marketing differentiation is different on the face, but you can align them apples to apples with approximately three clicks of the mouse.

Or you can ask me to do it for you - and therefore avoid getting your knickers in a knot :) :) :)

use booking.com which shows you the  full price up front (and often you don't have to pay in advance either).

Agoda will lure you in with amazing prices then add on a load of bullshit charges on the final click of the booking process and hope you dont notice. Avoid them!!!

I agree , but the daft thing is they are both owned by the same company

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I agree , but the daft thing is they are both owned by the same company

I heard some legislators are pushing to force them to display their cut/commission on the booking page, as it ranges from 12-20% (sometimes much higher). It would sting to see that out of a multi week booking, Agoda receives a $200 cut for providing 30 minutes of time browsing their database. Price for service provided seems well out of whack.

They don't allow hotels to undercut Agoda (I get that), which is why hotels don't openly discount lower than Agoda. However they offer Agoda points, effectively undercutting the hotels. I think that is well out of line, to screw your customer (the hotels) over like this.

Agoda etc incur a 17% fee, are there any sites that you don't have to pay fees?

Suppose I can just find the place I want and book direct through the hotel website and avoid fees?

All of them. Agoda certainly does not charge 17%.

Note better hotels will beat Agoda / Asiatravel prices so check the online first then check the hotel.

The hotels post the rooms and rates and pay Agoda a commission so they are always willing to go lower than the online price.

Watch out regardless of site of prepaid and non-refundable rates if your plans change.

Kingston hotel group in Bangkok offered excellent prepaid rates which were good for me when I was already in Pattaya. You can always secure a cancellable room months ahead, then check for prices closer to arrival and cancel and rebook. An e-mail to the hotel will accomplish the same lowering of the rates as well.

Archived