IGNORED

The Waterfront can go on .......but must removing 8 floors

socrates

I wonder what happens to the people who put their deposits down for now to be demolished units ?

The place is an eyesore anyway and unless it was 28 stories to be demolished that doesn't change

matrix-waterfront.png

Someone has to cover all the additional costs.

Guessing it won't be developers - either old or 'new' companies!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The place is an eyesore 

While I don't necessarily disagree, I think it will be far less of an eyesore as a completed, 42 story building, as opposed to a giant "ghost tower" just rotting away.

While I don't necessarily disagree, I think it will be far less of an eyesore as a completed, 42 story building, as opposed to a giant "ghost tower" just rotting away.

The future issues will be others being built nearby it.

It sets a precedent building a high rise block there so others will follow.

In years to come the view across the bay to that now green hill will be one of concrete towers.

I suppose its called progress.

Very true -- I always wondered why one end was very developed (Wongamat), but the other remained largely undeveloped.  Perhaps that is going to change in the coming years.

The future issues will be others being built nearby it.

It sets a precedent building a high rise block there so others will follow.

In years to come the view across the bay to that now green hill will be one of concrete towers.

I suppose its called progress.

not to mention the constant construction noise while your view disappears lol

project-001.jpg

am I the only one that thinks this looks like a penis? :D

Hum... There is already this 17-pages thread about the WaterFront

in which this News has been post yesterday... :wink:

But the title of that is 50 storey hotel - some may not have seen it - but you can report it to the mods if you want it deleted - I am quite happy to bow to your superiority ....

In Thailand , its always good to wait and see. You snooze u lose doesn't apply here. I rather put it on 26 Black!

Please remember to like and subscribe.

But the title of that is 50 storey hotel - some may not have seen it - but you can report it to the mods if you want it deleted - I am quite happy to bow to your superiority ....

No "superiority" in any way :P ; not even "my" thread ; and a "merge" always better than a "delete"!

Just that IMHO it's better for the forum to keep all posts on the same subject in the same (biggest) thread.

It will not be the first (nor the last) time that it happens though  :wink:

PS: You're right on the title. It should be now renamed with "WaterFront" inside

What about the 3 to 4 Units sold on the Top 8 Floors? They get a refund or Screwed?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

What about the 3 to 4 Units sold on the Top 8 Floors? They get a refund or Screwed?

I'm sure they'll be offered units in the new development (if it happens) at the new increased price.

No "superiority" in any way :P ; not even "my" thread ; and a "merge" always better than a "delete"!

Just that IMHO it's better for the forum to keep all posts on the same subject in the same (biggest) thread.

It will not be the first (nor the last) time that it happens though  :wink:

PS: You're right on the title. It should be now renamed with "WaterFront" inside

I can hardly go check ALL posts every minute some news comes up , I have no problem if mods delete or merge ..... seems  also many readers did not knew the other post .....by seeing the quick filling readers list .... :Think1:  

BTW  I was  only giving the ( as  I thought recent ..) news I am not a "feathers on my hat collector person ".... :WinkGrin1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Very true -- I always wondered why one end was very developed (Wongamat), but the other remained largely undeveloped.  Perhaps that is going to change in the coming years.

Wongamat has a beach

• 1 month later...

from what i understand they will knock down 16 floors and not 8 to rebuild the top penthouse units on the last 8 floors .

i CAN NOT provide evidence of this but from what i heard this should be the case , had a few too many cold ones so lacking memory of the source .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

I wonder what happens to the people who put their deposits down for now to be demolished units ?

The place is an eyesore anyway and unless it was 28 stories to be demolished that doesn't change

matrix-waterfront.png

I expect they get their money back as per the contract. Time to cut losses perhaps.

from what i understand they will knock down 16 floors and not 8 to rebuild the top penthouse units on the last 8 floors .

i CAN NOT provide evidence of this but from what i heard this should be the case , had a few too many cold ones so lacking memory of the source .

Time to give up grog my friend or the speculation.

I expect they get their money back as per the contract. Time to cut losses perhaps.

If it is only eight floors then it seems we are only talking about four owners who will get their deposit back (which is 10% of purchase price).

So hardly a big deal, but certainly sucks for these four people who were looking forward to a 166m²/201m² penthouse on 47-48th floor, and now the next best unit is 84m²/109m² duplex on 37th floor.

But I think they are still waiting for license from city to continue, so presumably what exactly will happen to top floors is not formally known until they have proper approval/license.

Time to give up grog my friend or the speculation.

Could be so , as only then the building plan would be followed correct,... floors & and the top penthouse  like in the plans .. :Think1:  

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

If it is only eight floors then it seems we are only talking about four owners who will get their deposit back (which is 10% of purchase price).

So hardly a big deal, but certainly sucks for these four people who were looking forward to a 166m²/201m² penthouse on 47-48th floor, and now the next best unit is 84m²/109m² duplex on 37th floor.

But I think they are still waiting for license from city to continue, so presumably what exactly will happen to top floors is not formally known until they have proper approval/license.

More likely the building will have to be redesigned.

They'll still want Penthouse etc so 8 lower floors would need to go.

Anyway, I thought a new company has now taken over the development?

No guarantee that ANY buyer will have previous contracts honoured.

Liabilities don't have to be taken on board by the new company in Thailand.

Archived