IGNORED

sabai lodge

jimbo631

Stayed 2 weeks, in november, in the sabai lodge on soi 2,nice place not too close to the action. i liked the walk along beach road ,probably about 20min to Walking Street.nice clean room couple of swimming pools ,safe in the room which is really important if you bring someone back.the desk take the girls id, when i was at the desk i couldnt beleive how many ids they had. Wifi was great and it cost me 1300 per night .

• 4 weeks later...

Yes perhaps 20 minutes is a bit optimistic, i do walk quite fast though. Trouble was after about a week of walking in sandals i had blisters.

Baht bus comes down soi 2.

I used to always stay there and love the place but it is starting to look a bit dated now.

Also the service can be very hit and miss as they use it as a training base for all new Sabai Group staff.

That being said it is very good value for money and the rooms on the bottom floor by the large swimming pool are great, if you want to roll out of bed in the morning and go straight for a dip.The location is good, although I personally think it was better when all the bars were still on Soi 2 before they built Siam@Siam.  The restaurant (Sala Thai I think) used to be quite good but was garbage the last few times I went, and absolutely dead. I haven't stayed their since last January and have stayed in the Soi Buakhao area the last two trips.  I will probably go back in the next couple of years as I have a lot of great memories from the place.

On a side note, are the music bars between Soi 2 and Soi 3 on 2nd Road still open?

I used to always stay there and love the place but it is starting to look a bit dated now.

Also the service can be very hit and miss as they use it as a training base for all new Sabai Group staff.

That being said it is very good value for money and the rooms on the bottom floor by the large swimming pool are great, if you want to roll out of bed in the morning and go straight for a dip.The location is good, although I personally think it was better when all the bars were still on Soi 2 before they built Siam@Siam. The restaurant (Sala Thai I think) used to be quite good but was garbage the last few times I went, and absolutely dead. I haven't stayed their since last January and have stayed in the Soi Buakhao area the last two trips. I will probably go back in the next couple of years as I have a lot of great memories from the place.

On a side note, are the music bars between Soi 2 and Soi 3 on 2nd Road still open?

Aggree 100% First place I stayed. It was a nice little area before they nocked all the bars down.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Stayed there on my last trip. Good location, great breakfast, very reasonable price. 

13th Warrior`s Raid  Relatert bilde

It was a good hotel, but badly needs a refurb...20 min to WS?....you must be:

usain-bolt-london-2012-olympic-games-06.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived