IGNORED

Pimsleur Thai Language Full Courses

KenB

Here are links so you can download the Pimsleur Thai language courses to learn the language.

Pimsleur Thai Level 1 mp3 (all 30 lessons with PDF booklet)

http://www.pimsleur.com/learn-thai/pimsleur-thai-level-1-mp3/9781442323810 (information)

https://clicknupload.link/hbxow03xdbod (download)

https://1fichier.com/?10erxhx7fh (download)

Pimsleur Thai Basic Course Level 1 mp3 (all 10 lessons)

http://www.pimsleur.com/learn-thai/pimsleur-thai-basic-course-level-1-lessons-1-10-cd/9780743544948 (information)

https://clicknupload.link/qwf8zpo6qgi8 (download)

https://1fichier.com/?xcwqx8lt8d (download)

It's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all. So love the one your with...

Pattaya, here I come!!!

babydollsaddict.gif

• 1 year later...
The links don't seem to be working

The information links work....if you decide to buy a license to use the program the download links will work.

40 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

The links don't seem to be working

Links on clicknupload.link send 404 : Not Found

but links on 1fichier.com seem ok, but slow.

I am going to give this a go. I'll report back as I progress.

7 minutes ago, tsec said:

I am going to give this a go. I'll report back as I progress.

Progress will be slow... Thai is not an easy language to learn. :unsure:   (for most of us)

12 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Progress will be slow... Thai is not an easy language to learn. :unsure:   (for most of us)

Yep, so I have heard. I'll give it a bash though.

I highly recommend Pimsleur.  I use it for both Chinese and Japanese.  Mostly because I can set it up to play automatically when I start my car.  You'll find some minor "issues".  For example, the Chinese word I learned for waitress is only used, in northern China, if that waitress is also a prostitute. Good news is that I pronounced it correctly. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster said:

I highly recommend Pimsleur.  I use it for both Chinese and Japanese.  Mostly because I can set it up to play automatically when I start my car.  You'll find some minor "issues".  For example, the Chinese word I learned for waitress is only used, in northern China, if that waitress is also a prostitute. Good news is that I pronounced it correctly. 

Let me guess, "xiaojie"? I got scolded for making that mistake on my first trip to Beijing. :P

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

1 hour ago, tokyojoe2010 said:

Let me guess, "xiaojie"? I got scolded for making that mistake on my first trip to Beijing. :P

Yep.  That's the one.

first 1fichier link (all 30 lessons) came down in 90secs via real debrid

edit - other link dead on 1fichier due to inactivity

I've tried this course but it seemed to be really slow-paced... Too much repetition, not much action....

But the worst is the burr male speaker.... how am I suppose to learn thai pronunciation from him if he barely can pronounce 'khrap' ??? 

Just now, madhat said:

I've tried this course but it seemed to be really slow-paced... Too much repetition, not much action....

But the worst is the burr male speaker.... how am I suppose to learn thai pronunciation from him if he can pronounce 'khrap' ??? 

How far into the course did you get?

I have just done the first lesson - twice.

I have done all 30 lessons, taking exactly one lesson per day, but after I realized there is no real progress (that probably happened in the mid of the course), I didn't pay that much attention to these, didn't try harder and was listening just to finish....

8 hours ago, madhat said:

I have done all 30 lessons, taking exactly one lesson per day, but after I realized there is no real progress (that probably happened in the mid of the course), I didn't pay that much attention to these, didn't try harder and was listening just to finish....

But surely the course is but a grounding in order to encourage the student to go on with their studies. Have you tried something more advanced?

I am gonna stick with it. It will be slow going for me, but I will give it a fair crack,.

On 5/29/2018 at 03:08, tsec said:

But surely the course is but a grounding in order to encourage the student to go on with their studies. Have you tried something more advanced?

I am gonna stick with it. It will be slow going for me, but I will give it a fair crack,.

Pimsleur is just a marketing course.... and not the best one IMHO... I think you should really start from the ground, with learning thai alphabet, then tones and then everything else.... I just skipped this part as I was trying to learn some basics and it seemed too hard.... but if you really want to learn thai, you have to spend some time on it....

Also, if you're trying to learn back home, just to be able to chitchat with bar girls on your 2-week trip, I'd say don't sweat it.... And if you live (or plan to) in Thailand, just go to any language school and it will be a lot effective...

• 2 months later...

Another option is to practice with a ThaiFriendly girl. Quite a few of them say they want to practice English on their profile. 

Of course they may be some hidden agendas (on both sides) :wink:

On 5/26/2018 at 20:46, tokyojoe2010 said:

小姐 (xiǎojiě) means "miss" or "young lady". I would use it in China for the same purpose I'd use for anywhere else - to pick up girls. It could be polite, depending on the context, I suppose.

服务员 (fúwùyuánmeans "waiter", "waitress", "steward", etc. It's acceptable everywhere in China, I believe.

2 hours ago, wulfgar said:

小姐 (xiǎojiě) means "miss" or "young lady". I would use it in China for the same purpose I'd use for anywhere else - to pick up girls. It could be polite, depending on the context, I suppose.

服务员 (fúwùyuánmeans "waiter", "waitress", "steward", etc. It's acceptable everywhere in China, I believe.

My friend who has lived in Beijing for a long time explained that in Northern China, "xiaojie" has become a way to address hookers, so it's not considered polite or neutral language. However, that is not the case in other parts of China.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

On 8/13/2018 at 18:53, tokyojoe2010 said:

My friend who has lived in Beijing for a long time explained that in Northern China, "xiaojie" has become a way to address hookers, so it's not considered polite or neutral language. However, that is not the case in other parts of China.

Maybe true if you isolate it. But it's polite if you use it like "Miss Lee" (李小姐 = lixiaojie). Nobody would interpret that to be "Lee the hooker", even in Beijing.

Archived