IGNORED

Airport

Sporty1

Is there an airport in Pattaya?

If not what is the best way to get there from Bangkok? I'm not much of a bus kind of guy so I would prefer some other form.

Thanks

Crikey you really are a Newbie or a wind up Moose eater

I would suggest you use the Web and research your forthcoming trip a little more then come back and ask questions on a forum that seemingly you appear to know jack about

And before you think i am being harsh this is me being nice ☺

I can't let a man sit there in misery, the closest airport is Utapo

555 That I would think will mean FA to the poster

If not what is the best way to get there from Bangkok? I'm not much of a bus kind of guy so I would prefer some other form.

Thanks

In the interest of self preservation you should really consider if Pattaya is the right town for you.

Thanks

Everyone is so fucking dramatic on here. Ignore them. Look online for a taxi service to pick you up. Probably cost about 1000 baht or $30 or so American money.

Have the name of the hotel and the phone number and address written on a piece of paper you can give to the driver.

You can get a taxi at the airport also, but they might smell the newness of you and rip you off. Taxi drivers are the same everywhere.

Lastly, I recommend reading a LOT on her and then getting there with the attitude that you know nothing. It's a safer way of doing things. It's bizarre world in Thailand. Takes a few days to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pattaya/Rayong airport is called Utapao/UTP.

You can fly there via Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and several cities in China.

Easiest way to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) is pre-booked taxi, about 1200 bahts; women drivers are usually less exciting than Thai men. Check Tans Taxi Pattaya

There are buses too, cheaper of course. But after a long journey it's nice to have a comfortable taxi right to your hotel.

There is a train Bangkok to Pattaya, but very slow and infrequent.

Everyone is so fucking dramatic on here. Ignore them. Look online for a taxi service to pick you up. Probably cost about 1000 baht or $30 or so American money.

Have the name of the hotel and the phone number and address written on a piece of paper you can give to the driver.

You can get a taxi at the airport also, but they might smell the newness of you and rip you off. Taxi drivers are the same everywhere.

Lastly, I recommend reading a LOT on her and then getting there with the attitude that you know nothing. It's a safer way of doing things. It's bizarre world in Thailand. Takes a few days to get used to it.

Understatement of the year.

Days ? Try weeks, months, or even years !

Understatement of the year.

Days ? Try weeks, months, or even years !

I never said he would hit "expert level" his first time playing the game. But by the end of the first week, if you're an intelligent person who pays attention, you can make your way around without dying. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Maybe Sporty 1 should team up with farastein.

At lease they could watch each others back.

There be some type of book out that have these type questions and I hope more don't find it.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Big things with wheels on them - you sit in the back and a man (or lady) drives you places. You then give them money.

I think they are called taxis.

You will probably use one when getting to the airport in Canada,

Lastly, I recommend reading a LOT on her and then getting there with the attitude that you know nothing. It's a safer way of doing things. It's bizarre world in Thailand. Takes a few days to get used to it.

To OP, Dr Johnny answered your question well and I can echo what he said.

In addition I recommend read, read, ask and the read some more.

You will never be fully prepared and should keep planning somewhat limited.

Maybe a threesome maybe something you plan for one of your days, maybe a Bangkok excursion, maybe some temple visits, maybe a soapie, maybe this and maybe that.

Just remember once you hit the ground you will quickly be distracted, forget part of your "plans" and will have to plan another trip to set things straight.

As far as preparation, click on the Newbie Guide link in my signature below.

Enjoy your first trip and welcome to the board :)

To OP, Dr Johnny answered your question well and I can echo what he said.

In addition I recommend read, read, ask and the read some more.

You will never be fully prepared and should keep planning somewhat limited.

Maybe a threesome maybe something you plan for one of your days, maybe a Bangkok excursion, maybe some temple visits, maybe a soapie, maybe this and maybe that.

Just remember once you hit the ground you will quickly be distracted, forget part of your "plans" and will have to plan another trip to set things straight.

As far as preparation, click on the Newbie Guide link in my signature below.

Enjoy your first trip and welcome to the board :)

Great advice. Plans in Thailand go to shit quickly but don't worry. You seldom have regrets or wasted time. Every minute of that first trip will be interesting as hell. [emoji12]

Yes there is an Airport in Pattaya.

It's on Walking Street. The check-in staff are so gorgeous you wont want to head to Bangkok anytime soon.

If not what is the best way to get there from Bangkok? 

You really should start with the pinned threads in the Newbie Advice section for general information on Pattaya.   :Think1:   

For your question, you will arrive in Bangkok (probably BKK airport) and you should arrange a prebooked taxi to pick you up and take you to Pattaya.

Many many threads about the various options in the TRANSPORTATION AND TRAVEL section of the forum.

As with most things, it's best to take some initiative and read and review and research before you ask simple basic questions about a subject.

Thanks

not have airport I always use taxi 1000 baht to go pattaya from bkk and if you want go by bus have bell bus maybe 300 baht something only in every hour have bell bus

Hot Boy [Pattaya Addicted]

not have airport I always use taxi 1000 baht to go pattaya from bkk and if you want go by bus have bell bus maybe 300 baht something only in every hour have bell bus

Arpit do you work for a well known online Travel Agency in uk by any chance......??  Genuine question ??

. It's bizarre world in Thailand. Takes a few days to get used to it.

Takes a couple decades at least and you'll still know only 2%   !

Takes a couple decades at least and you'll still know only 2% !

Very true.

While UTP is closer to Pattaya, I don't think that it is a viable option coming from Canada.

Fly into BKK (which the IATA abbreviation for Suvarnabhumi Airport) and set up a taxi service in advance.  

LOTS of good recommendations for taxi services in this thread:  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/258475-taxilimo-services-%E2%80%93-women-owned-operated-recommended/

Takes a couple decades at least and you'll still know only 2%   !

ever meet someone that tells you they know all about Thailand, look at them, shake your head and get as far away as possible.

ever meet someone that tells you they know all about Thailand, look at them, shake your head and get as far away as possible.

Plenty of them on here that think they do.   After well over 27 Years I aint scratched the surface of what goes on yet I speak decent Thai as well. Some on here profess to know every girl in town who is the longest remaining Girl on Soi 6 etc etc who their partners are and everything else to boot. Comical at best

Archived