Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Songthaew-Dual Pricing from 1 Jan

sagitarius123

I don't think a dual pricing system is fair, specially if it's a racist one. I do however think a 10 baht increase is a fair one. It's still a cheap service it's just not a dirt cheap one anymore.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe instead of calling it the Falang Surcharge , Prayuth will start a campaign to raise all prices to falang prices and drop it back for locals ; calling it the Local Discount. Maybe that should stop a falang revolt?

Thai Rak Thai............

Please remember to like and subscribe.

Actually sounds ridiculously cheap when you put it that way. 50 baht a day is less than my morning cuppa.

Tarl tell me the last transport system anywhere in the World that increased its charges 100% overnight

Not true, some places accept TDL as making one eligible for Thai pricing but very few of the National Parks and other Government attractions these days.

News to me. My TDL has always been accepted when I've encountered dual pricing. Will try it on the baht bus. Failing that, I'll just tell them that I'm Thai/Issan. Always fucks with Thais heads when you speak Issan and tell them that you don't speak Thai or English!

Tarl tell me the last transport system anywhere in the World that increased its charges 100% overnight

That's not fair for something already with such a low base.

Argentina earlier this year:

Government Confirms 100% Hike in Public Transport Fares
31st March 2016  Indy Staff

Transport Minister Guillermo Dietrich confirmed today that minimum fares for buses and trains in the Buenos Aires metropolitan area will increase by 100%.

News to me. My TDL has always been accepted when I've encountered dual pricing. Will try it on the baht bus. Failing that, I'll just tell them that I'm Thai/Issan. Always fucks with Thais heads when you speak Issan and tell them that you don't speak Thai or English!

I was joking with a friend the other day about this and eventually instead of some form of ID ; which can be faked as well , all Sangtow drivers by 2020 will have to carry finger prints identifying scanners. If you are registered in the thai national data bank , you will pay local prices

But off course , the equipment will add operational cost so your new fare will be 100B!

Think it is how you view it mate. To me they increased it 100% over 15 years or so. Prob around a 5% average annual increase.

Edit: certainly where I am from they are increased regularly. Certainly been numerous increases in that time frame.

Maybe instead of calling it the Falang Surcharge , Prayuth will start a campaign to raise all prices to falang prices and drop it back for locals ; calling it the Local Discount. Maybe that should stop a falang revolt?Thai Rak Thai............

Probably a more realistic way of looking at it. Many countries use local discount for certain attractions.

I just wonder if the baht bus drivers will start throwing Thais off the bus to make room for a couple of farangs.

As it seems the 20 baht farang charge on baht buses is really going to happen, it wont surprise me at all if the moto guys put up their farang prices as well.

The official moto charges in Pattaya will have even less relevance, not that we could get them anyway.

Its not the money its the dual pricing that really bugs me.

As it seems the 20 baht farang charge on baht buses is really going to happen, it wont surprise me at all if the moto guys put up their farang prices as well.

The official moto charges in Pattaya will have even less relevance, not that we could get them anyway.

Its not the money its the dual pricing that really bugs me.

Not that I want to inflame the debate (it doesn't matter much to me) but I remember the threads on here about the town hall setting taxi rates, and certain bms excoriating people for not consulting the boards displayed in about three places around town, clearly setting out the stipluated fares ..... in perfect Thai script !

No need to thank me.

Why doesn't City Hall practice real capitalism and free up the market  by allowing each owner/driver or consortium  to charge what they feel is appropriate for their service. The only stipulation being that each bus must be marked front and back in large letters with their charge. Unmarked buses can charge no more than 10 baht per journey.

The great unwashed will be happy because if they want they can wait for the low charge bus and the driver will be happy with his increased charge or unhappy with the number of customers he has at that price and forced to reduce his price.

Yes, yes, we all know 10 Baht isn't much but then it's not really about the money though, is it?

Thai's are racist enough as it is without actually encouraging them. It's this sort of thing and the attitudes that go along with it that forever hold the country back.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Often wondered how much the Baht bus drivers make in a day ..?

Even at 10 Bt., i think they must average 200 Bt., per circuit of 2 nd. and beach road, and they could get a lot of circuits done in a day .

All I can say is that this new 100% duel price increase is a recipe for disaster and I cant wait to see the local news outlets in Pattaya covering stories of arguments that turned into brawls between songthaew drivers and falang passengers especially the ones that are tight wads and don't speak English like the loads of Russians for example who use the service going Jomtein from Pattaya every day will make it very interesting as knowing how Thais are they wouldn't even think about posting the new fares on their trucks translated in Russian, English and Chinese. 

On the thai visa report there was no mention of dual pricing will wait and see.

Good thing i've hired a scooter this time around! 555555555

On the thai visa report there was no mention of dual pricing will wait and see.

now on thai visa news tv

Are people seriously belly-aching about this with the main premise of their argument being that it would be 100% increase?!?!?!

Would they rather have a 10% increase every year and fumble for pennies?  Would they actually pay the exact amount or just 'leave the change'?  Really, think about the alternative before presenting such an argument. 

There are other valid arguments and suggestions here, the best one being the 15 baht for all, and others point out potential pros and cons, and the slow-horn tooting looking for 'one more' customer to cram in the truck driver that truly disturbs me.  I am okay with a the 15 (and even 20) baht price, but make it a better service without the stalling delays.  It would help traffic situation and safety in general also. 

all, and others point out potential pros and cons, and the slow-horn tooting looking for 'one more' customer to cram in the truck driver that truly disturbs me.  I am okay with a the 15 (and even 20) baht price, but make it a better service without the stalling delays.  It would help traffic situation and safety in general also.

Yup , its not a guarantee but its certainly more incentive for the driver with the '100%' increase.

I posted this on a similar thread.

I don't mind but it would be nice if they added more bb routes like 3rd rd and put a occasionally monitored gps on them to see that they spend part of their time running less popular routes that other people need or be fined. I do not have a problem with price increases but I think service routes can be improved also.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Often wondered how much the Baht bus drivers make in a day ..?

Even at 10 Bt., i think they must average 200 Bt., per circuit of 2 nd. and beach road, and they could get a lot of circuits done in a day .

No where close to that.

I'm looking forward to boycotting 1st Jan. Walking is great exercise anyway, too many lazy fat bastards around.

Archived