Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Songthaew-Dual Pricing from 1 Jan

sagitarius123

"If this is true its really great news for anyone looking like a Thai, not just Thais."

yes, my Filipina GF will have no problem getting away with 10 baht, Thais always talk to her and are surprised she is not Thai. First thing I taught her was "I cannot speak Thai language" as they can get angrynif ignored.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the poster who says it appeared on thai visa  , that poster probably read it on here  [ remember it was on the internet so must be true  , not  ]

the poster who says it appeared on thai visa  , that poster probably read it on here  [ remember it was on the internet so must be true  , not  ]

Yeah, Thai Visa LOL, the gay (or is it LBTQMPXYZ) Chronicles.

I cant find reference to it on Thai Visa.....maybe I'm missing something?

This is from another thread on the same topic....

"in 1999, the baht bus was dual priced, 5 baht for Thais and 10 for Farangs, but over the following 12 months or so it became 10 baht for all".

In 2001 the going rate was still officially 5 Baht although some of the drivers had taken it upon themselves to charge foreigners 10 Baht. I do not believe it was an officially sanctioned policy as the drivers would usually accept 5 Baht if that was what you gave to them without protest although I did end up having a couple of heated but brief exchanges.

It was very soon after this that the fare increased to 10 Baht across the board.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

In 2001 the going rate was still officially 5 Baht although some of the drivers had taken it upon themselves to charge foreigners 10 Baht. I do not believe it was an officially sanctioned policy as the drivers would usually accept 5 Baht if that was what you gave to them without protest although I did end up having a couple of heated but brief exchanges.

It was very soon after this that the fare increased to 10 Baht across the board.

Thanks for the clarification.

Approx 15 years at 10 baht warrants an increase. It's a great service!

If true i will avoid baht buses more than i do now, i dislike dual pricing.

We could ask our BF's  to pay the extra...they probably earn more than most of us...lol

But some wont come to Pattaya anymore coz of 10b! Go figure!

Only when Pattaya has the Phuket system , people will say ...... what a great system we USED to have!

Please remember to like and subscribe.

A man has to stick to their principles

I nearly never use them... so no issue to me, but if you have a Thai Driver License do you pay 'Thai price' as with other dual pricing places. Reinforces in my mind how they see Farangs, that's if the OP'er has it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

but if you have a Thai Driver License do you pay 'Thai price' as with other dual pricing places. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not true, some places accept TDL as making one eligible for Thai pricing but very few of the National Parks and other Government attractions these days.

This is from another thread on the same topic....

"in 1999, the baht bus was dual priced, 5 baht for Thais and 10 for Farangs, but over the following 12 months or so it became 10 baht for all".

When I first came here in January 2006 it was 5B/10B so 1999 is not correct.

at least you will be fit..... 

I don't have a problem to the price going up but dual pricing gets on my tits.

You do have a choice.

Its not that,its the facts he outlined,we might be disappointed but we`ll still use them!

I don't have a problem to the price going up but dual pricing gets on my tits.

Get over it

Guys will argue it is only $0.28 increase, but.

From where I stay I often need to change baht buses to get to my destination. So that is 40 baht one way. Plus another 40 baht to get back home. And if I am with a TG, then add (10+10)*2=40 baht, so that makes 120 baht for us to go to f.ex. Big C Extra/Harbour and back to Jomtien. I ride the baht bus a lot to different destinations, and if 120 is a daily baht bus cost, then the monthly budget will become 3600 THB for baht bus. I can have a cheaper bus deal in Norway.

Wow you do an amazing amount of bus trips every day.

When I first came here in January 2006 it was 5B/10B so 1999 is not correct.

Please refer to post #31 above, by Dr Winston.

He is a real expert..........I'm just a beginner :P

Wow you do an amazing amount of bus trips every day.

Indeed! For 3,600 baht/month he would be wise to buy a new motorbike (at 10% deposit and monthly repayments). It would pay for itself and petrol over 2 years and no need for public Transport.....seriously!

And the wheels on the Bus go round and round.......

Can you blame them...still cheap as chips especially if your going from north to south or vice versa.

Most times i enjoy the walk and cos i usually stay around soi diana i dont tend to use them much.But undoubtly they are an asset to have in Pattaya even at the whopping price of 20 baht 555.

Can you blame them...still cheap as chips especially if your going from north to south or vice versa.

Most times i enjoy the walk and cos i usually stay around soi diana i dont tend to use them much.But undoubtly they are an asset to have in Pattaya even at the whopping price of 20 baht 555.

Or from East to West or vice versa.

Guys will argue it is only $0.28 increase, but.
From where I stay I often need to change baht buses to get to my destination. So that is 40 baht one way. Plus another 40 baht to get back home. And if I am with a TG, then add (10+10)*2=40 baht, so that makes 120 baht for us to go to f.ex. Big C Extra/Harbour and back to Jomtien. I ride the baht bus a lot to different destinations, and if 120 is a daily baht bus cost, then the monthly budget will become 3600 THB for baht bus. I can have a cheaper bus deal in Norway.

Are you sure?

TICKET PRICES FOR OSLO (zone 1), FROM 1 FEBRUARY 2016

Single ticket pre-bought

(free transfer/return within 1 hour)

Adult 32 NOK 

Child/senior 16 NOK

Single ticket, bought from driver

(free transfer/return within 1 hour)

Adult 50 NOK

Child/senior 25 NOK

24-hour ticket

(flexible start time, non-personal ticket)

Adult 90 NOK

Child/senior 45 NOK

7-day ticket

(flexible start date, non-personal ticket)

Adult 240 NOK

Child/youth/senior 120 NOK

30-day ticket

(flexible start date, non-personal ticket)

Adult 690 NOK

Child/youth/senior 345 NOK

Student 414 NOK (with Norwegian student card and semester card)

365-day ticket

(flexible start date) 

Adult 6900 NOK

Senior 3450 NOK

Children = ages 4-15

Youth = ages 16-19 

Senior = ages 67+

Non-personal tickets can be used by different people, but only by one traveller at a time! 

If you are caught travelling without a valid ticket, the fine is NOK 1150. If the fine is paid on the spot, the fee is NOK 950.

Well its a small cost anyway so not gong to break my budget, and I can see two possible advantages.

First, I carry a purse of small change around to ensure that I have coins for the baht bus - perhaps I don't need to carry coins any more?

Secondly I get fed up, especially in the evening, of trying to flag down a baht bus and the number of empty baht buses that just sail past (presumably looking for more lucrative fares); perhaps they might feel it more worthwhile stopping if we are now paying double the fares. Although I suspect that is just wishful thinking! LOL

I suspect you are correct. Coming up from Soi 6 in the evening is always frustrating. I won't expect that to change.

Archived