IGNORED

UK holiday visa for thai wife

hellyes2oo2

I have been married for 13 years to my thai lady. She visited the UK once back in 2005 on a 6 month visa. She never had a Desire to live there, she loves the village too much. I am thinking of taking her there for a month next year, can anyone tell me what visa she would need, and are they difficult to obtain, Thanks in advance for any help.

She needs a visit visa, which is valid for six months. From memory, it costs about 4000 baht.

They are not difficult to obtain, but the process is rather fiddly.

You can apply up to a maximum of three months ahead.

The main thing you are aiming to achieve in your application is to show that your wife has good reasons to return home and not overstay her visa. So things like photos of you outside your Thai house, with Thai relatives who are staying in Thailand, details of her job etc all help.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

Start from the above website.

Colin is right. Very straightforward, especially if you both live in Thailand and can show that your "life" is here. You apply online but have to print out and hand the form in in person as biometrics have to be taken. A decision is usually made in about a week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived