Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

condo for a month

Cavedude

Can someone please recommend me a condo to rent for a month, central pattaya with a pool, dvd, cleaning services for around 20k

Can someone please recommend me a condo to rent for a month, central pattaya with a pool, dvd, cleaning services for around 20k

For that price, you'll probably get one of the smaller units in The Base, or something in City Garden, The Urban, The Avenue etc.

Not so easy finding one in advance - unless you use AirBnB, which I don't - but you could contact the Juristic Office of each and ask.

VT6 has got very expensive now with some agents but you'd likely find something there at your price if you walk in - especially low season.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Search on airbnb for your dates then message the owner/agent and see what deal they will do you.

Unless you ave a friend on the ground to check things out for you, it will be challenging to ensure you don't get ripped off and make sure you know what the cost of utilities is and check it against gov rates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried Airbnb for one month condo rentals in Pattaya and Bangkok in 2016 and I found their posted prices to be substantially higher than booking direct with the juristic office.  For example, The Base juristic office uses Rentals for the Holidays to rent units for a minimum of 30 days. 

https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com/en/search/projects/the-base-central-pattaya

There are many rentals 20-30k baht (w/o electricity, water, cable TV) at The Base, but on Airbnb many of the same rentals are 40k baht.  I was disappointed with my Airbnb units because the hosts provide minimal cable TV package with few English channels and the condition of the room can vary.  I had problems at The Base with my cable TV, kitchen, and AC and the host was located in Bangkok and just referred me to the juristic office. 

One of the big problems with Airbnb is it favors the host since the host can cancel your booking at any time and the renter cannot leave a comment.  When the host cancels, the host is blocked re-renting on Airbnb, but the host can re-rent their units on another website such as TripAdvisor.  When you rent for 30 days, your stay is a long term stay and if you cancel, you forfeit your entire payment.

This does not affect you since you are renting for one month, but many Airbnb hosts rent <30 days and when I visited two juristic office of Bangkok condos, I found large signs at the entrance saying it is illegal to rent on daily or weekly basis.  In Pattaya, I visited two juristic offices who said they rent for minimum of 3 months, but I’ve seen rentals for these units on Airbnb for one month.

I tried Airbnb for one month condo rentals in Pattaya and Bangkok in 2016 and I found their posted prices to be substantially higher than booking direct with the juristic office.  For example, The Base juristic office uses Rentals for the Holidays to rent units for a minimum of 30 days. 

https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com/en/search/projects/the-base-central-pattaya

There are many rentals 20-30k baht (w/o electricity, water, cable TV) at The Base, but on Airbnb many of the same rentals are 40k baht.  I was disappointed with my Airbnb units because the hosts provide minimal cable TV package with few English channels and the condition of the room can vary.  I had problems at The Base with my cable TV, kitchen, and AC and the host was located in Bangkok and just referred me to the juristic office. 

One of the big problems with Airbnb is it favors the host since the host can cancel your booking at any time and the renter cannot leave a comment.  When the host cancels, the host is blocked re-renting on Airbnb, but the host can re-rent their units on another website such as TripAdvisor.  When you rent for 30 days, your stay is a long term stay and if you cancel, you forfeit your entire payment.

This does not affect you since you are renting for one month, but many Airbnb hosts rent <30 days and when I visited two juristic office of Bangkok condos, I found large signs at the entrance saying it is illegal to rent on daily or weekly basis.  In Pattaya, I visited two juristic offices who said they rent for minimum of 3 months, but I’ve seen rentals for these units on Airbnb for one month.

Is rental for the holidays office located directly at the Base?

Is rental for the holidays office located directly at the Base?

Yes, it is on-site in the juristic office in Bldg B (left bldg), and as you enter The Base there are many For Rent advertising flag signs for Rentals for the Holidays.

post-38627-0-75116800-1480636989_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

i stayed in october for four weeks at pattaya beach condo in soi 13 across aa residence hotel

payed 20000 bath total incl. cleaning and water/elctric

phantastic new room ...small kitchen...big bed...new shower room...pool i the 4 th floor...rent directly by the owner and saved 4500 bath for airbnb

if you are interested for details...pm

cheers murgel

• 1 month later...

Has anybody used Rental for the Holidays? I'm looking for a condo to rent in November, and having stayed at The Base, would like to stay there again. It seems from their website that they ask for a 50% non-refundable deposit at time of booking. I'm guessing that unlike airbnb or booking.com, there is no comeback if the apartment (or RFTH) doesn't exist when I get there in November. Are they considered trustworthy? Does anyone know if they take credit cards (there may be some protection if they do)?

Archived