Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UK Passport Holder Question

shadyacres29

Hi,

I will be entering Suvarnabhumi with my standard 30 day stamp, then flying on to Manila 2 days later, then down to Ho Chi Minh, then bus over to Pnohm Penh and finally fly back to Suvarnabhumi.

Will I be able to stay longer than my 30 day stamp due to entering any of those countries and coming back to Thailand?

Any visa advice greatly appreciated as my total trip duration is around 34 days so 4 over the allowed visa.

Thanks for any replies on advance

When you fly back they will give you another 30 day stay. When you leave the country the 30 days you are given is no longer valid as the visa waive scheme only gives you permission to stay for up to 30 days. You do not get a visa, only permission is stay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I would have "thought" entering, then re-entering, through an airport, each time you enter, the 30 days starts from that point.

So your 2nd entry, the 30 days starts from that point.

why not get a visa before leaving the uk , the proper way of travelling

In his case this is a poor option as it would be burnt on his first stay which is only for 2 days. A METV is expensive and if his second stay is 30 days or less one should not be required.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Proper way of travelling? Sorry Phileas Fogg!

So upon my 2nd entry to Thailand I will only be staying 9 days max...

So if I'm right understanding correctly what you chaos are saying I should be fine and need no visas for the whole trip?

What about crossing on the bus journey from Vietnam into Cambodia?

Thanks for the help with this

You need a visa for Cambodia. There is an evisa available but you can only use it on one crossing (evisa website). Perhaps someone has crossed at other crossings and knows if you can get one on arrival as you can do at the Thai borders. You may need to get one from an embassy before travelling if you plan to travel through a different crossing.

Ok il take a look and thanks, so no visa required for a weeks stay in Vietnam, just the crossing into Cambodia then.

Is there any truth in having to produce an onward ticket for arrival in Philippines also?

Cheers guys

Ok il take a look and thanks, so no visa required for a weeks stay in Vietnam, just the crossing into Cambodia then.

Is there any truth in having to produce an onward ticket for arrival in Philippines also?

Cheers guys

I've been to Philippines 3 times, only been asked once for onward ticket at singapore airport as i was checking in.

I am Aussie, so was required to get a Visa for Vietnam prior to leaving Australia through their embassy, but this may be different for UK. You should check online with Vietnam embassy website, or call them up. I've heard that some online visa applications are a scam.

For Cambodia and Thailand it's entry at the borders.

Happy travels

...but this may be different for UK.

I believe they get 15 day stays on a visa exemption scheme.

Thanks for answers. Very helpful and yeah it appears 15 days allowed without a visa.

Cheers

When you leave Thailand your passport is stamped and that's the 30 day visa/permission to stay done,unless you get a multiple entry visa before you leave home you will get a 30 day stamp each time you enter Thailand in theory,

You will have no problem re-entering Thailand at least once and as long as you can show airtickets probably a few times,land border problems may differ.i have seen on the Amsterdam consulate Web site that the multiple entry visas are not allowed at this time,the Cambodian tourist visa is also stamped "used" it's a single entry one.

When you leave Thailand your passport is stamped and that's the 30 day visa/permission to stay done,unless you get a multiple entry visa before you leave home you will get a 30 day stamp each time you enter Thailand in theory,

You will have no problem re-entering Thailand at least once and as long as you can show airtickets probably a few times,land border problems may differ.i have seen on the Amsterdam consulate Web site that the multiple entry visas are not allowed at this time,the Cambodian tourist visa is also stamped "used" it's a single entry one.

Perfect thanks

Proper way of travelling? Sorry Phileas Fogg!

So upon my 2nd entry to Thailand I will only be staying 9 days max...

So if I'm right understanding correctly what you chaos are saying I should be fine and need no visas for the whole trip?

You're fine due to leaving and coming back. It's 2 days and 9 days, two trips, both under 30 days.

I would recommend paying a few extra quid for the IBIS bus from Ho Chi Minh city to Phnom Penh. They will sort out your visa at the border without an issue. The bus is comfortable,has wifi and safer than most doing the journey as you will see on the roads. They will pick you up from your accomadation in HCM city to take you to bus. Sure the trip is $16 but so much better than the local bus.

Sure visa at border is 30 US dollar I may be wrong.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I would recommend paying a few extra quid for the IBIS bus from Ho Chi Minh city to Phnom Penh. They will sort out your visa at the border without an issue. The bus is comfortable,has wifi and safer than most doing the journey as you will see on the roads. They will pick you up from your accomadation in HCM city to take you to bus. Sure the trip is $16 but so much better than the local bus.

Sure visa at border is 30 US dollar I may be wrong.

Great advice thanks

Other alternative to save panic and confusion

"Cancel" and "Masturbate"  :01:

It's cheaper I agree...

Archived