IGNORED

Best Budget digs

jimpty

Ok so i saw one thread from another member this morning i will be following but figured id also ask in this newly created one, im looking at doing another cheap charlie trip, what are the best budget places to stay for say between 500 and 800 baht a night? i will likely end up paying a few baht more and staying at lk mansion again in one of the deluxe rooms though if someone can point me in the direction of something better id be keen to have a look at that, my only real requirement/want is a room with a king size bed, decent size fridge, aircon (obviously) and a microwave (a microwave helps me keep it on the cheap as i can stock the fridge with family mart microwavable foods and comes in handy for reheating pizza leftovers)

Thanks in advance for any replies, even the sarcastic ones, everyone likes a laugh, except for that one guy, you know who i mean

I stayed at the Apex hotel 2nd road for my first visit earlier this year. Its not pretty or plush but meets your needs except the bed is a standard double. 650 a night.

Ok so i saw one thread from another member this morning i will be following but figured id also ask in this newly created one, im looking at doing another cheap charlie trip, what are the best budget places to stay for say between 500 and 800 baht a night? i will likely end up paying a few baht more and staying at lk mansion again in one of the deluxe rooms though if someone can point me in the direction of something better id be keen to have a look at that, my only real requirement/want is a room with a king size bed, decent size fridge, aircon (obviously) and a microwave (a microwave helps me keep it on the cheap as i can stock the fridge with family mart microwavable foods and comes in handy for reheating pizza leftovers)

Thanks in advance for any replies, even the sarcastic ones, everyone likes a laugh, except for that one guy, you know who i mean

There's an attachment in my signature called "Best of" - it's a PDF - check out the 2.5-star and lower properties on that list ... good reference for that range ...

Это пропаганда.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

are these walk up cash payment prices or perhaps low season prices? what im seeing through booking sites and direct hotel sites are well over the prices quoted here, il be going on feb 1st till the 12th

are these walk up cash payment prices or perhaps low season prices? what im seeing through booking sites and direct hotel sites are well over the prices quoted here, il be going on feb 1st till the 12th

Book first 2 nights in Rcon@siam through Agoda etc then when you want to extent pay at reception daily, it's cheaper. If I remember correctly I was being quoted roughly 1000b on Agoda then when paying at reception to extend my stay i was paying 780 a night.

Location is perfect.

There are no prices in my PDF - 2.5-stars is where you'd start to think about entering that range. If you want to work from 1.0 up, you can also do that too. When I do my analysis for clients, they get a value proposition suggestion set based on the FastScore, price per sqm or sqft, and their individual client score (the one adjusted for room amenities, etc). It's impossible to do that over time really ...

Plus, this is "Best of the Best" - so just a really small subset of the 240+ properties I cover in the model.

Это пропаганда.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

There are no prices in my PDF - 2.5-stars is where you'd start to think about entering that range. If you want to work from 1.0 up, you can also do that too. When I do my analysis for clients, they get a value proposition suggestion set based on the FastScore, price per sqm or sqft, and their individual client score (the one adjusted for room amenities, etc). It's impossible to do that over time really ...

Plus, this is "Best of the Best" - so just a really small subset of the 240+ properties I cover in the model.

Это пропаганда.

Yes i know i was refering to the earlier posts both those places are quoting much higher rates than suggested here

So, here's what it looks like at < 1000 THB per night, 2/1 to 2/12, 11 nights - just looking at start pricing with no adjustments for room amenities, etc.

Prox Index = 3 means within 1 mile (1.61km) of Soi 6, Walking Street, and LK Metro (i.e. very centrally located) and works its way down from there.  A Prox Index of 2 indicates that it's within 1 mile of 2 of the 3 with the closest bing listed in the "District" column.

As far as value, I used a measure of price in THB per night (with taxes) divided by its FastScore number ... your "better places" are going to have higher FastScores and you want them to have lower per night prices.  That's illustrated in the "<---- AUD" conversion column for you, and then that, multiplied by 11.

hotels that are definitely not GF have been filtered, but "Verf" means I have no confirmation in writing of the joiner policy for the property.

Yes i know i was refering to the earlier posts both those places are quoting much higher rates than suggested here

jimpty_ad-hoc_2016-11-25 for 2017-02-01.pdf

So, here's what it looks like at < 1000 THB per night, 2/1 to 2/12, 11 nights - just looking at start pricing with no adjustments for room amenities, etc.

Prox Index = 3 means within 1 mile (1.61km) of Soi 6, Walking Street, and LK Metro (i.e. very centrally located) and works its way down from there.  A Prox Index of 2 indicates that it's within 1 mile of 2 of the 3 with the closest bing listed in the "District" column.

As far as value, I used a measure of price in THB per night (with taxes) divided by its FastScore number ... your "better places" are going to have higher FastScores and you want them to have lower per night prices.  That's illustrated in the "<---- AUD" conversion column for you, and then that, multiplied by 11.

Hotels that are definitely not GF have been filtered, but "Verf" means I have no confirmation in writing of the joiner policy for the property.

Holy shit! Thank you.

now how much do i owe you? i feel like i did a couple weeks ago when i allowed myself to be beckoned into a massage shop, two hours later i was down 2400 baht, i only went in to get my bad shoulder massaged!

and screw the amenities il just find one with a decent sized fridge and king bed if i am really desperate for a microwave il just wait while family mart warm it up rather than do it myself il just throw the pizza leftovers or just eat from family mart period that will keep my spending down, new york pizza sets me back about 600-700 a day because i cant just order a regular size pizza and no extras i just keep browsing the menu and ordering more

I usually only feel that way about going to Target.

Pay it forward - donate to the board, whatever.

This hotel business is fun for me - that's why I volunteer and put forth the information.

Holy shit! Thank you.

now how much do i owe you? i feel like i did a couple weeks ago when i allowed myself to be beckoned into a massage shop, two hours later i was down 2400 baht, i only went in to get my bad shoulder massaged!

and screw the amenities il just find one with a decent sized fridge and king bed if i am really desperate for a microwave il just wait while family mart warm it up rather than do it myself il just throw the pizza leftovers or just eat from family mart period that will keep my spending down, new york pizza sets me back about 600-700 a day because i cant just order a regular size pizza and no extras i just keep browsing the menu and ordering more

I usually only feel that way about going to Target.

Pay it forward - donate to the board, whatever.

This hotel business is fun for me - that's why I volunteer and put forth the information.

Oh good i nearly went to target yesterday if i did i probably wouldnt have the money to book now, i think im going to go with eastiny place i havent stayed on soi 8 yet, smallish fridge but i can stack beers pretty well, and bath tub thats always a treat i dont have one at home, pool and room with pool view both to my liking, and a new hotel to review i think its an all round win

Don't ever go to Target right before you need to leave on a "cheap vacation" - make sure you buy travel toiletries (if needed) before you leave on on the ground in Patts.  Target ... bitch drives a hard bargain :)

Oh good i nearly went to target yesterday if i did i probably wouldnt have the money to book now, i think im going to go with eastiny place i havent stayed on soi 8 yet, smallish fridge but i can stack beers pretty well, and bath tub thats always a treat i dont have one at home, pool and room with pool view both to my liking, and a new hotel to review i think its an all round win

Don't ever go to Target right before you need to leave on a "cheap vacation" - make sure you buy travel toiletries (if needed) before you leave on on the ground in Patts.  Target ... bitch drives a hard bargain :)

This time im just gonna use the hotel stuff or buy it there every other trip i buy it all from home and pay much more than i could if id have had patience and got it there

I have Thai Colgate in my kit from my husband lugging it back after his August 2016 trip.

This time im just gonna use the hotel stuff or buy it there every other trip i buy it all from home and pay much more than i could if id have had patience and got it there

I have Thai Colgate in my kit from my husband lugging it back after his August 2016 trip.

Thats the only thing il be bringing from home, i have issues with Mint so have to use kids toothpaste, maybe mosquito spray too i get bitten like crazy when im over there

Do you prefer Hello Kitty or Spiderman?

Thats the only thing il be bringing from home, i have issues with mint so have to use kids toothpaste, maybe mosquito spray too i get bitten like crazy when im over there

Do you prefer Hello Kitty or Spiderman?

i have winnie the pooh, literally every girl i have ever taken to my room pick it up hold it on show and say to me judgmental like "you know this for kids right?!?"

That's not very nice of them :(

As long as it cleans your teeth, WGAF?

i have winnie the pooh, literally every girl i have ever taken to my room pick it up hold it on show and say to me judgmental like "you know this for kids right?!?"

That's not very nice of them :(

As long as it cleans your teeth, WGAF?

I think its hilarious, its even better after i brush my teeth then put on the tv and tune into cartoon network  :GoldenSmile1:

Another good strategy to encourage her to leave.

I hooked up with a guy once.  Downtown Chicago, after work, nice, expensive hotel ... he SAT ON THE FLOOR TO PUT ON HIS SHOES.

I was mortified and totally confused about what I was seeing.

Then I understood why his wife didn't "get him" either.

I think its hilarious, its even better after i brush my teeth then put on the tv and tune into cartoon network  :GoldenSmile1:

Another good strategy to encourage her to leave.

I hooked up with a guy once.  Downtown Chicago, after work, nice, expensive hotel ... he SAT ON THE FLOOR TO PUT ON HIS SHOES.

I was mortified and totally confused about what I was seeing.

Then I understood why his wife didn't "get him" either.

Oh they never leave i dont open the safe again till the following day lol

You might wanna postpone it a week if you are one of those who doesn't like to share the streets with the Chinese. Its the Chinese new year period those few days.

With ref to your OP , like mrdwy said Apex is a good budget choice. Great location , great price , run down and some lazy ass staff.

You might wanna postpone it a week if you are one of those who doesn't like to share the streets with the Chinese. Its the Chinese new year period those few days.

With ref to your OP , like mrdwy said Apex is a good budget choice. Great location , great price , run down and some lazy ass staff.

Shouldnt be a problem i actually go into the bars and drink rather than wander about staring at things and taking photos while being told not to and spending as little as possible

Archived