IGNORED

Jim's Burger Near Big C North

Evil Penevil

Jeez, Just Hanging, it does look pretty puny.

The burger I had there was far larger than that .. you are the only complaint I've seen on this joint on this and other fora, so maybe just bad luck.

and we asked for white buns and they were out in the large size, only black buns in the large size available.   I will give it one more try but one of the two I ate with ordered the same as me and he got the same small size, maybe he will comment.   I will bring the pic of the double one above and make sure that it is what I will get but each burger on that is way large than my large one

I was still starving and ordered the chicken burger without the bun afterwards

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe there is different chiefs? I went 3 times on my hols. I ordered small burger double burger and then small honey burgers, I got sides with all and was really full after each meal. But the last meal the fries I got were poor and not seasoned like previous ones I got, the burger was fine but I think previous ones were slightly better

and we asked for white buns and they were out in the large size, only black buns in the large size available.   I will give it one more try but one of the two I ate with ordered the same as me and he got the same small size, maybe he will comment.   I will bring the pic of the double one above and make sure that it is what I will get but each burger on that is way large than my large one

I was still starving and ordered the chicken burger without the bun afterwards

Yes the Size did not at all resemble the photos on their face book page I rate Carls Jr and Lonestar as having a better overall burger. The fact that they had no white buns did not help. One other thing they serve huge bottles of water if you order water. They are refilled from another source into their own bottles I am not so keen on that either. Over all the food was ok just nothing I will be rushing back for.

20170215_130528_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

gave it a try also..didnt like the small/large option but chose large double.

double stack was high burgers seemed small.

asked the waitress if this was large size..said yes.

good taste but burgers were too small.left hungry at 380bt.

couldnt imagine what the small size would be like

Yes the Size did not at all resemble the photos on their face book page I rate Carls Jr and Lonestar as having a better overall burger. The fact that they had no white buns did not help. One other thing they serve huge bottles of water if you order water. They are refilled from another source into their own bottles I am not so keen on that either. Over all the food was ok just nothing I will be rushing back for.

attachicon.gif20170215_130528_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

I tried Carls Jr to and thought it was nice, was expecting mcd type rubbish. But I thought JIM's burger was on a different level to it.

flavor was okay, but the large burger was small. If I had ordered the small burger it would have been pushing it. I see these huge burgers on there and thats what I expected. asked waiter if it was big. yep. when I got it I asked if this is the big or small, thats the big. a joke. I might give it another try and show the double burger picture on post 59. thats what i was expecting. Oh well. I was with two others that were really surprised at the size also

Mine was the small burger.

The other two lads had the double burger and both admitted that next time they will get a single.

It was too difficult to eat.

flavor was okay, but the large burger was small. If I had ordered the small burger it would have been pushing it. I see these huge burgers on there and thats what I expected. asked waiter if it was big. yep. when I got it I asked if this is the big or small, thats the big. a joke. I might give it another try and show the double burger picture on post 59. thats what i was expecting. Oh well. I was with two others that were really surprised at the size also

Oh yes it was delicious... go back and try it

gave it a try also..didnt like the small/large option but chose large double.

double stack was high burgers seemed small.

asked the waitress if this was large size..said yes.

good taste but burgers were too small.left hungry at 380bt.

couldnt imagine what the small size would be like

yep, not sure how guys post pictures of the big burgers, sure not what I got.   Maybe different chefs as I am sure the pics are real, but I asked the waiter specifically if what I got was the big burger and not the small, and he had no hesitation saying it was the big one.  Looked tiny on the bun.   I will try again and bring a pic of that double burger, which is what I expected, and ask ahead of time if thats what it will look like.  shame I was really looking for a great burger, the small one at mementos was twice the size of the large one there

anyone that thinks I am exaggerating can see my pic, and Larry's was the same size

that small/large option relates only to burger size it seems.

not a fan of this.

it causes confusion,mistakes, and possible bait and switch.

looking forward to more reviews.

Thanks for the tip evil. Thailand has some of the best food in the world, but burgers (at least for me) hasn't been one of them (at least in the north east). Can't tell u how many terrible, unpalitable burgers I have eaten in LOS. So many times that my expectations have become low and I generally pass. Meat is bad, prep is bad, cooking is bad, presentation is bad and taste is bad. I had one, I shit u not, that was essentially gray AFTER it was cooked. Nothing more disappointing than craving a burger , savoring the thought and then getting the shaft. Not a big fan of the chains but have taken to going to Carl's Jr. when I need a burger fix. This is exactly what I have been looking for! I know the area. In fact there is a decent outdoor Thai joint (with a couple vendors) right next to it. Doesn't appear to be the best location but hopefully it will work with their business model.

I have heard mixed reviews on it but if i find myself in North Pattaya i'll give it a go. Lining off of Thepprasit i won;t make a special trip, there are a few very good options much closer

Even before the complaint here I felt their sizing policy one reason I haven't tried it yet.

I like the idea of multiple choices of kinds of burgers, but personally I'm for just one size burger (largish) with lots of choices for toppings.

Even the idea of double burgers, who needs it if the standard burger is big enough.

If it's too big for some, split it. 

I was in here last night before a mammoth gogo crawl, and I concur that the large burger is small

IMG_3328.JPG

I'm guessing they're small because no filler. Other places might have huge burgers that are 80% filler. Still looks good though, looking forward to trying one.

I went there Saturday to maybe we was there at the same time.

They messed up my order and then I don't even think it was the right burger because I ordered a honey one but There was no honey in it. But still the best burger I have had in Thailand. I was a bit disappointed that there was no normal beer on the menu and only expensive craft beer. Don't get me wrong I like craft beers and I drink them quite a lot but only when I am going to have one or 2 beers. It was the start of my night out and if I have a nice craft beer I can't go go back to drinking Chang and there is no way I can afford to craft beer all night. So I ordered a bottle of water and it was a massive 1lt bottle of water. I thought here we go they are going to charge me 150THB for the water but I was surprised to find out it was only 20THB so no complaints there. I ordered onion rings to go with it which was find but the menu said extra side for 60THB. And was a bit surprised that I didn't get my free sample of a different side.The burger its self was the best I can remember ever having in Thailand. And the staff was nice and friendly even if the waitress was trying a bit hard to talk me into buying a craft beer. I will definitely be going back but not on a night out then I will have a nice craft beer to go with my Burger.

In the words of Scalliwag and Samuel l Jackson that was some Tasty burger

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was there about half 6, was no one else there at the time, then some Asians came inside too, and later on just before I was leaving some farangs were sitting outside.

I had some evil twin beer that was like 6.8% or something, affa fine. My pal had some pineapple cider, which sounded nice but a bit gay like.

I want to try Papa's Kitchen in bangers, heard its good.

Oh yeah basket was 'hash browns'

• 2 weeks later...

You guys complaining about the size must be massive, because I was quite full after finishing the burger

Not sure if it was Just Hangings post but I went there yesterday. Size definately seemed smaller than I remember. Although it was sufficient for me it may leave the big eaters still hungry.

Flavour was there but I didnt like the iceberg lettuce they used.

Will still repeat as overall quality seems good.

Robx out.

I saw this place while doing my morning powerwalk, remember it distinctly by seeing the fenced in basketball court (thanks for your Photo, Op) and wanted to try it.  After your review, it is definitely on the list for May and a well-needed quality item in Patts.

Thanks

Having been several times since it opened - I am of the opinion that the burgers are definitely smaller than previously served - and now its a nice snack but that's about it - the double burgers are too messy and not really for me - but they still have the best onion rings

I think there is room in the town for a truly decent burger place in a better location - next door to Bronx Pizza would be great!

You guys complaining about the size must be massive, because I was quite full after finishing the burger

I was there end of January up to mid feb and I was full after the normal burger and stuffed eating a side with it. It was absolutely delicious.

Walked all the way up to North Pattaya today in the midday heat, and finally found the Jim's Burger!

Arrived at about 13:00 and was the only customer.

Sat inside in cool aircon with some background pop music on, looked at the menu and finally decided 

to try the meaty "Twin Head Dragon" with double; beef; cheese;bacon, and fried onion and added an extra fried egg on top.

Came with a small side of "crinkled fries" and since I don't drink alcohol I just had a Sprite.

16807746_1726056984372972_6201743185256371496_n.jpg

While waiting for my order to be prepared I took a couple of pics of the interior:

Jim's Burger 1.JPG

Jim's Burger 2.JPG

Here's finally my burger, they did only have the black bun with the small portions,

so I had a big portion with whole wheat bun instead!

Breadbun was just ordinary size, but the double beef patty made the burger quite tall!

Impossible to bite over, so best bet is to divide it in half and eat with a fork and knife, that were provided at the table.

Jim's Burger 3.JPG

Jim's Burger 4.JPG

Jim's Burger 5.JPG

I definately got stuffed, although I thought the taste was a bit bland!

Maybe I should have used the Jim's special sauce on the beef instead of just dipping my fries in it!?

I'm used to have lots of vegetables with my burgers, so maybe another burger had tasted more or maybe a side sallad?

Anyway I was content although the location is a bit out of the way, and price a bit high at over 400 baht,

I would surely try another one of the burgers if I were in the neighbourhood again!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Walked all the way up to North Pattaya today in the midday heat, and finally found the Jim's Burger!

Arrived at about 13:00 and was the only customer.

Sat inside in cool aircon with some background pop music on, looked at the menu and finally decided 

to try the meaty "Twin Head Dragon" with double; beef; cheese;bacon, and fried onion and added an extra fried egg on top.

Came with a small side of "crinkled fries" and since I don't drink alcohol I just had a Sprite.

attachicon.gif16807746_1726056984372972_6201743185256371496_n.jpg

While waiting for my order to be prepared I took a couple of pics of the interior:

attachicon.gifJim's Burger 1.JPG

attachicon.gifJim's Burger 2.JPG

Here's finally my burger, they did only have the black bun with the small portions,

so I had a big portion with whole wheat bun instead!

Breadbun was just ordinary size, but the double beef patty made the burger quite tall!

Impossible to bite over, so best bet is to divide it in half and eat with a fork and knife, that were provided at the table.

attachicon.gifJim's Burger 3.JPG

attachicon.gifJim's Burger 4.JPG

attachicon.gifJim's Burger 5.JPG

I definately got stuffed, although I thought the taste was a bit bland!

Maybe I should have used the Jim's special sauce on the beef instead of just dipping my fries in it!?

I'm used to have lots of vegetables with my burgers, so maybe another burger had tasted more or maybe a side sallad?

Anyway I was content although the location is a bit out of the way, and price a bit high at over 400 baht,

I would surely try another one of the burgers if I were in the neighbourhood again!

Plahgat

I was expecting something like that, but asked the waiter if the signature burger was big, he assured me it was.  I guessed wrong from "signature" thinking that was their best.

I will try again and get this one, this is more like it

Archived