IGNORED

Jim's Burger Near Big C North

Evil Penevil

... Also, from Feb 1 they will be opening for lunch too. Currently only open for lunch on weekends and 5pm weekdays....

I messaged Jim's on FB about the expanded hours. From Feb. 1, it will be 11.30 a.m. to midnight every day.

Evil

They must see a different lunchtime customer in Pattaya, than they see in their BKK stores, which open only in the evening.

The lunch crowd in BKK, presumably a work crowd and casual diners with the disposable income and leisure time, are apparently not abundant about their secondary market locations in BKK .. their price points might also be a bit rich for a lunch for any office workers who are in those trade areas.

I don't know well the trade area around their Pattaya store location, but it doesn't appear as a target-rich trade area for the working crowd .. so, maybe they see there the potential in a farang customer with the disposable income and leisure time for a nice lunch.

That's us, men .. and, I think .. they got .. our number !

With the cheap rents they presumably pay in their secondary locations, they might need only few check-bins each day to make lunch pay for itself.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They must see a different lunchtime customer in Pattaya, than they see in their BKK stores, which open only in the evening.

The lunch crowd in BKK, presumably a work crowd and casual diners with the disposable income and leisure time, are apparently not abundant about their secondary market locations in BKK .. their price points might also be a bit rich for a lunch for any office workers who are in those trade areas.

I don't know well the trade area around their Pattaya store location, but it doesn't appear as a target-rich trade area for the working crowd .. so, maybe they see there the potential in a farang customer with the disposable income and leisure time for a nice lunch.

That's us, men.

With the cheap rents they presumably pay in their secondary locations, they might need few checks to make lunch pay for itself.

Definitely works for me.... about 2pm, head to Jim's for an epic burger, then off to Soi 6 for some afternoon fun. Perfect. 

If your staff are in prepping anyway then it makes sense to open - most people I know like a burger mid afternoon

I think they are missing a trick though not producing a grilled chicken burger - a slightly healthier option would be nice once in a while

If your staff are in prepping anyway then it makes sense to open - most people I know like a burger mid afternoon

I think they are missing a trick though not producing a grilled chicken burger - a slightly healthier option would be nice once in a while

agreed.. would also personally love to see a fish burger on the menu. 

Jim's does offer a fried chicken burger.  I don't know for sure, but if you ask, they could probably leave off the breading and just grill the chicken.  Since every burger is cooked to order, they are pretty obliging with special requests.  A friend of mine asked for a simple cheeseburger- a patty of beef and slice of cheese on a bun, no toppings- and they were happy to make it for him. He thought it was excellent and exactly what he wanted.  He doesn't like messy or "busy" burgers with a lot of components.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Just added them and had a chat. They use motorbike taxi, so the cost of the motorbike taxi is your delivery fee, hence the "40-100" range. 

Also, from Feb 1 they will be opening for lunch too. Currently only open for lunch on weekends and 5pm weekdays. 

Edit: Sorry, I meant they are open for lunch AND dinner on weekends, but only open for dinner (from 5pm) on weekedays. But from Feb 1, lunch and dinner every day apparently. 

I went by Jim's Burger today (February 2nd) at 3 p.m., and they were closed. The girl said they are still open from 5 p.m. today.

So, no open hours in the early afternoon yet during the week.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Went there tonight not a burger expert but it was absolutely delicious. Cannot believe how few people were in it given the quality of the food and service, it is kind of hidden away though. I don't know if I have bad luck with food in Pattaya, but I find a lot of the western food to be poor. If I find a decent place I will eat in it most of the time. Don't get me started on english breakfasts in Pattaya..... Anyway this is a good spot and I will 100% be back

I will be going through the OP posts to see if he has posted any other food recommendations. I will be checking them out if he has!

c096f193dadf0d41e001c109b541fffd.jpgf0f3e0e2f02f9f85141f95d0c07b17ae.jpg

Delicious burger, got here right on 2pm but they still fed me. Agree bottom bun did get really soggy but I love messy burgers anyway lol

They were out of fries strangely but I got waffle fries instead which were still great!

Do all burgers come with a side?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes, but a very small side, more like a tasting portion.

Evil

Best burger place in pattaya. In fact one of the best burger I had in Thailand

Price quality every spot on

Oh and they are now open from 11am everyday

Best burger place in pattaya. In fact one of the best burger I had in Thailand

Price quality every spot on

Oh and they are now open from 11am everyday

Chai

ec5a45904f97035ea3e05357efe2ce36.jpg

Went there Saturday with friends.

Best mother fucking burger I've had in Thailand,period.

Staff was super cool too.Man....that was some tasty burger.

They definitely have their shit going on there.Good for them too.

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

Farrrrrk. My mouth is watering just looking at the menu. Lucky I will be staying near by. This will be my breakfast of choice. :D

The black bun is chic but does it change the flavor or is the color purely decorative?

I would say it doesn't change the taste at all, but for others I guess it would depend how sensitive your taste buds are.

Evil

Hit Jim's last night for the first time -- GREAT burger!  

My "critical" thoughts:

- next time I would get a large single burger, as opposed to small double burger.  Just to "high" to eat without going knife and fork.

- I think I just had bad luck, but my burger took FOREVER.  Seriously, seemed like almost a half hour.  Two guys came in long after I ordered (about 10 minutes or so) and they got their burgers right after I got mine 9so hardly any wait at all for them), so maybe I just had bad luck on a cook taking a break or something.

- it's a bit of a walk from Second Road....and crossing Second Road by the Ibis hotel was harder than I expected.  Seemed like traffic was spaced perfectly to keep screwing me!  555  There were LOTS of tour buses for the Chinese groups going to Art in Paradise (I assume)

Thanks for the heads up on this place!  If I ever stay at the Holiday Inn again (always a possibility), I will be hitting this place up more times that I care to count!

I was very disappointed at lunch today, a long drive for me.  I got their signature burger, large size thinking I am gonna get a giant burger.  it would have been disappointing if I ordered the small burger.  The side order of fries were good but after looking at the pics on here and FB I thought it would be worth the drive, one of the most disappointing burgers I have had in Thailand

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Jeez, Just Hanging, it does look pretty puny.

The burger I had there was far larger than that .. you are the only complaint I've seen on this joint on this and other fora, so maybe just bad luck.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Maybe their popularity is going to their head and they're trying to cut costs with smaller burgers now. Or hopefully just a one off.

So you were disappointed with the size?

How was the flavour?

Robx out.

flavor was okay, but the large burger was small.  If I had ordered the small burger it would have been pushing it.   I see these huge burgers on there and thats what I expected. asked waiter if it was big.  yep.   when I got it I asked if this is the big or small, thats the big.    a joke.   I might give it another try and show the double burger picture on post 59.  thats what i was expecting.   Oh well.     I was with two others that were really surprised at the size also

Archived