IGNORED

Jim's Burger Near Big C North

Evil Penevil

Do you get a fork and knife or are you supposed to eat with your hands? My dinner companion has braces and must eat with fork and knife.

On every table there is a glass that holds knives and forks. Or you can ask the waitress, but definitely available.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta remember to venture down and try this place on my upcoming trip!

The "EP Seal of Approval" has yet to fail me!  555

FB      I want one like this    damn that looks good

15896148_1704017316576939_8927231139861149900_o.jpg

Seen another killer one on FB, just too far to go fro a hamburger from Jomtien

Please open one in Jomtien, you will do well

Can't wait to hit this place on Friday!!!! I am rather partial to a good burger.

Oh I stay on Soi 6 so not far!!!! Yum yum yum

damn, just please move to pattaya, we will be there often.  the more pics I see on FB they more I am begging

damn, just please move to pattaya, we will be there often.  the more pics I see on FB they more I am begging

But presuming you have transport, it's not that far from Jomtien.

Thappraya > 3rd Road > turn left at the traffic lights after Moom Aroi, and head towards Central Marina, and you are basically there.

Ate there today and had the signature burger (can't remember what the actual name is). 

Very tasty and the chips were also well above average. I ordered a small size, if you are hungry get the big serve, the small size is quite petite. 

Due to the location, I can't see this place lasting very long so get there and try the burgers before it becomes another statistic. Anyway, best burger I have had in Pattaya so far. 

16176850_1221411937928444_1813057123_n.jpg

Out the front they also have a cage with a basketball hoop, for 60 baht you get two shots (assuming from like a free-throw range) and if you sink them both you get a glass of beer (250ml). Just something different that might be a bit of fun 

16127998_1221411247928513_1595738521_n.jpg

Ate there today and had the signature burger (can't remember what the actual name is). 

Very tasty and the chips were also well above average. I ordered a small size, if you are hungry get the big serve, the small size is quite petite. 

Due to the location, I can't see this place lasting very long so get there and try the burgers before it becomes another statistic. Anyway, best burger I have had in Pattaya so far. 

attachicon.gif16176850_1221411937928444_1813057123_n.jpg

Out the front they also have a cage with a basketball hoop, for 60 baht you get two shots (assuming from like a free-throw range) and if you sink them both you get a glass of beer (250ml). Just something different that might be a bit of fun 

attachicon.gif16127998_1221411247928513_1595738521_n.jpg

I disagree it will last

Firstly they are well known with the Bangkok crowd who come to town - and with Differ being virtually opposite you get a number of mid 20's well to do Thais going there

Furthermore it has no real competition - so people including me will travel there especially

It gets a lot of mentions on the various Pattaya Food Groups on FB

And within the next 2 years Terminal 21 Shopping Mall will open

But lets see...

I'm not much on burgers but I wonder if any of the Jim's fans have tried the fancy burger place in the new Marina Mall. It's in that fancy large food building in the front, on the left hand side coming from 2nd road. They seem to have similar looking burgers to Jim's. 

I'm not much on burgers but I wonder if any of the Jim's fans have tried the fancy burger place in the new Marina Mall. It's in that fancy large food building in the front, on the left hand side coming from 2nd road. They seem to have similar looking burgers to Jim's. 

OMG burger you mean? I saw one of the pattaya vloggers do a video on it and he said the burgers there were good.

I disagree it will last

Firstly they are well known with the Bangkok crowd who come to town - and with Differ being virtually opposite you get a number of mid 20's well to do Thais going there

Furthermore it has no real competition - so people including me will travel there especially

But lets see...

I hope you are right mate, I hate seeing great places go down the tube. Bite Me Bistro and Sweet Spot the most obvious recent examples. Agree being next to Differ would help, but only very late at night and I could be wrong but I think they shut at midnight anyway? (Jim's). 

But most of the food choices in that immediate vicinity are very much Asian-oriented which is the clientele for that area. A top shelf burger place needs to be smack bang where there are at least a lot of passing foot traffic of Westerners. Great burgers and craft beer is something which there is a big market for in the West. I am not so sure about the Asian side, though this is just on gut feel.  

In any case I will be aiming to try the whole menu as soon as I can, going to give the pork knuckle burger a go next :)

Those reviews look old and from a burger van in most cases

Marina itself only opened last month?

Yes it started as a van business. Now they have the Marina location. 

I disagree it will last

But lets see...

I, too, think they will succeed, socrates.

I had a long chat with their BKK-based regional manager/COO, and was pretty impressed with these guys and their investment thesis .. they put a lot of thought into it, and are executing it well.

None of their 3 BKK stores, nor their Pattaya store, target transients .. they are all located in modest rent, non-prime locations which are accessible to locals, their target market.

This is a destination restaurant, for which people plan their trip, not programmed for impulse buyers like the chain burger joints, which are highly reliant upon footfall at their storefront .. materially different.

Their primary customers are next-gen Thais and resident farang who will hunt them down for that premium burger, and are repeat customers.

Their single greatest cost threat is rent, which persists in feudal-based land ownership systems, as Thailand .. (many, many Thai stores operate only to pay the landlord).

They have a high-margin product in a low-cost, accessible location .. the product is great and the menu right .. the concept, interior design and furnishings appealing .. service is spot on .. portions are generous and price points fair .. they seem to have found their target market in BKK (and probably will in Pattaya, too), so the key to their success seems now to be precision marketing and deal flow .. just keep doing what they're doing, maintain QC and consistent performance, and build their base of local, return customers.

I think they got this, men .. smart guys who I bet will expand to other locations .. think about how this would compete in any major gateway city in Asia.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Had the "Rib-breaker" Smoked rib BBQ burger today, holy shit it was good. As with the first time I ate there the burger came out very quickly, felt like only 5 or 6 minute wait. Ordered the small size but was really full at the end of it. Again had fries, they were just as good as the first time too. 

I just heard you can add them on LINE for delivery

40-100 baht

LINE ID: @jimsburger

Enjoy!!!

Just added them and had a chat. They use motorbike taxi, so the cost of the motorbike taxi is your delivery fee, hence the "40-100" range. 

Also, from Feb 1 they will be opening for lunch too. Currently only open for lunch on weekends and 5pm weekdays. 

Edit: Sorry, I meant they are open for lunch AND dinner on weekends, but only open for dinner (from 5pm) on weekedays. But from Feb 1, lunch and dinner every day apparently. 

Also, from Feb 1 they will be opening for lunch too. Currently only open for lunch on weekends and 5pm weekdays. 

I messaged Jim's on FB about the expanded hours.  From Feb. 1, it will be 11.30 a.m. to midnight every day.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Archived