IGNORED

How much did your bar cost?

Dr Johnny

You say your trying to evaluate your return on investment?

That should be a easier question to answer by the many foreigners who have bought

and ran bars in Pattaya without any experience of running bars in Pattaya before like yourself.

A very high percentage will be able to confirm they lost money ,how much they lost probably

ranges from 1% to 100% of investment.

So in all probability your return will be less than your investment.

Hope that helps and good luck with your venture.

That should be a easier question to answer by the many foreigners who have bought

and ran bars in Pattaya without any experience of running bars in Pattaya before like yourself.

A very high percentage will be able to confirm they lost money ,how much they lost probably

It's actually a very negative way to look at it.  If, perhaps, I had zero experience in that line of work, which I would be willing to risk a guess that 99% of the guys who have tried and failed have, then I would, maybe, have that attitude. 

I am not that guy.  

Again, I am looking for real metrics I can use to make a sound evaluation.  I have worked in Thailand before as a consultant to a small hotel chain and helped with their F&B departments and I have extensive experience in both traditional restaurants and bars as well as the adult entertainment industry here in the US.  

I don't mean to sound rude, but I usually succeed, and I do that by spending a lot of time and money in research and development and market studies and....by being confident and positive.  

I doubt you would find anyone on here who understands more than me how INCREDIBLY HARD this business is.  

I get it.  Trust me.  It's a lifestyle choice and a job rolled into one.  

Let's keep those comments coming, Especially if you have actually opened a bar and know what your approximate costs were.   As far as the negative "everyone fails in Pattaya" thing, I get it.  

People move to Thailand and open a business and fail at it.  

Happens everywhere.  Not just there.  

:GoldenSmile1:

The difference is you're not opening a bar, you are opening a reception area for a brothel, you are selling sex ,  that's your primary commodity.

• 3 weeks later...

It should cost nothing more than the fitting out and rent. Yet many seem to go down the route of buying failed bars from owners desperate to sell and for crazy amounts.

Most of the well known successful bar owners don't even pay key money.

Having zero experience in owning running bars outside of Thailand isn't much of a disadvantage. It can be quite beneficial in fact.

Things work completely different here.

You may as well give your money to charity if you think your going to last long running a bar over here the western way.

Most bars fail simply because they offer nothing different to the rest.

Take the likes of Simon (retox) or Bryan (nigtwish group). They haven't been so successful because they offer anything nobody else offers. They are successful because of the way they went about promoting their places and building a loyal customer base.

You can have the best looking girls, the best most impressive looking bar out there but if you can't promote it for shit then you are finished

Take the latest craze of the 'scooter' type bars. Actually one of the few original ideas over the last few years.

Now everyone thinks all they have to do is throw a scooter out front and paint it in a 70s style to pull in the punters

Having zero experience in owning running bars outside of Thailand isn't much of a disadvantage. It can be quite beneficial in fact.

Things work completely different here.

You may as well give your money to charity if you think your going to last long running a bar over here the western way.

Most bars fail simply because they offer nothing different to the rest.

Take the likes of Simon (retox) or Bryan (nigtwish group). They haven't been so successful because they offer anything nobody else offers. They are successful because of the way they went about promoting their places and building a loyal customer base.

You can have the best looking girls, the best most impressive looking bar out there but if you can't promote it for shit then you are finished

What's so good about retox?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bars on my books now from 350,000 to 43 million

It really is impossible to answer the question.

It often depends if people want to "make a living" or "make money" - you can buy a bar still very cheap and then live in it thus saving rent etc. As you have other bars i would assume you are looking at a genuinely profitable business and you could possibly use a starting price at 5m although even that is very unscientific.

FWIW two very well known gogo bars on WS recently sold for 1m and 1.5m - both have high rents - another factor to build in as they all differ too.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

What's so good about retox?

nothing really, my point is it's one of the most successful bars in pattaya because of the way it went about building that initial customer base.

The retox bars are just an improvement on the original irovers that they once owned. All that has happened with the new bars is they are nicer but also have that following that they have built up over the years.

Just look at irovers now. Pretty much a shadow of its former self. This is one thing people buying successful bars need to be aware of.

If the owners sell up and decide to open the same type of bar elsewhere then the will be taking a high percentage of the old bars customers with them. ( btw I'm not implying that's what the plan with irovers was)

Didn't know it was owned by the old owner of Irish rovers. I did think the Irish rovers ant as good as it used to be but wasn't sure because Ive only had the breakfast in there but u can just tell sometimes. I will check out retox one day when I get around to it.

The difference is you're not opening a bar, you are opening a reception area for a brothel, you are selling sex ,  that's your primary commodity.

you selling beer.

If your running a girly bar you want the girls to keep the customers in the bar as long as possible because for a none food bar that's where your profit comes from.

Didn't know it was owned by the old owner of Irish rovers. I did think the Irish rovers ant as good as it used to be but wasn't sure because Ive only had the breakfast in there but u can just tell sometimes. I will check out retox one day when I get around to it.

i don't know the exact details behind irovers but I assume it was simply a case of multiple owners deciding the wanted to do there own thing. One of the owners started up Asian backpackers/ retox after selling Irovers

Actually, the vast majority of Pattaya bars make or break on selling booze, even those at Soi sex six

Everything else, even the girls is about selling the most mind numbing alcohol.

• 3 weeks later...

You could use that same lazy logic to ignore nearly any question about Thailand.  Sometimes the regulars seem like they have nothing better to do than repeatedly tell the rest of us how completely disinterested they are in other people's interests and curiosities.  Ask a question about girls, get a bunch of useless quips about eye of the beholder.  Ask for details about a bus, get a bunch of irrelevant remarks about riding in taxis.  Ask a question about prices, get a meaningless retort about some string.  At which point why bother having a forum in the first place?

I agree with you, but that is true of any forum on any subject.  If I don't like an answer I just shrug and move on to the next reply. :Chokdee:

It's not that hard if you guys have done this.

Key money 50,000 baht

First last and security 10,000 baht

Decor and furniture $50,000 baht

Safe 10,000 baht

Security system and cameras 15,000 baht

Sound and lights 20,000baht

License 10,000 baht

You forgot tea money ... 

Not a question I would expect from someone that has any experience in the food and beverage industry.

Not a question I would expect from someone that has any experience in the food and beverage industry.

? Lol. Then your not in the food and beverage industry. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

My Mars bar cost $1 from Woolworths on special

Mine cost $10. I swear those claw machine games are rigged!!!

Archived