IGNORED

How much did your bar cost?

Dr Johnny

Hey there fellas

Hoping at least a few of you can help settle an discussion we are having here.

We own and operate a few restaurants and bars in Miami in the USA and I was wondering what it would cost to open a restaurant or bar in the LOS.  

Anyone that can clue me in an approximate start up costs, I would appreciate it.  

I know there is a difference in the different things you need to pay there that we do not pay here (key money etc)

Thanks in advance,

DR J

How long is a string?

Huh?

How long is a string?

That wasn't a nice thing to say the guys asking a genuine question.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Hey there fellas

Hoping at least a few of you can help settle an discussion we are having here.

We own and operate a few restaurants and bars in Miami in the USA and I was wondering what it would cost to open a restaurant or bar in the LOS.  

Anyone that can clue me in an approximate start up costs, I would appreciate it.  

I know there is a difference in the different things you need to pay there that we do not pay here (key money etc)

Thanks in advance,

DR J

20 million Baht should cover all bases.

"How long is a piece of string?" is something said in jest to a question that really has no answer, it isn't nasty.

The op's question really has no answer beside as much or as little money as you want to spend, kind of like asking how much a car costs in LOS.

For what it's worth, I thought the string comment was a pretty succinct reply to the question, unless someone is going to come along and write a 5-page market analysis.

OP: Figure out who some of the real players are in that field and who are members here and then send them a private message.

Good luck.

To the question how long is a piece of string, the actual answer is, twice it's half length

"How long is a piece of string?" is something said in jest to a question that really has no answer, it isn't nasty. The op's question really has no answer beside as much or as little money as you want to spend, kind of like asking how much a car costs in LOS.

You could use that same lazy logic to ignore nearly any question about Thailand.  Sometimes the regulars seem like they have nothing better to do than repeatedly tell the rest of us how completely disinterested they are in other people's interests and curiosities.  Ask a question about girls, get a bunch of useless quips about eye of the beholder.  Ask for details about a bus, get a bunch of irrelevant remarks about riding in taxis.  Ask a question about prices, get a meaningless retort about some string.  At which point why bother having a forum in the first place?

Sure. No idea if he's been, knows what kind of bar, what city, a million questions. 

No sign of any attempt at independent research and no specific questions to answer.

One answer is, a stupid amount, because it is a terrible investment, and I hesitate to even use the word investment.

Get off yer arse, fly there and look around various cities. Use a lawyer that caters to expats as well. 

Who should say, get back on the plane and go home.

You could use that same lazy logic to ignore nearly any question about Thailand.  Sometimes the regulars seem like they have nothing better to do than repeatedly tell the rest of us how completely disinterested they are in other people's interests and curiosities.  Ask a question about girls, get a bunch of useless quips about eye of the beholder.  Ask for details about a bus, get a bunch of irrelevant remarks about riding in taxis.  Ask a question about prices, get a meaningless retort about some string.  At which point why bother having a forum in the first place?

No it's not lazy logic because it's to broad of a question for a specific answer. I do agree with your post in principle but not on this occasion. 

So riddle me this Batman and I'll start giving you answers.

First question, is it going to be a four seat noodle shop out the back of Jomtien or a 200 seat restaurant in Central Festival?

Sometimes the old saying "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" comes into the equation. If you ask me for help on something specific I will answer without a smart arse reply every time.

Why is it a variable question? The title says how much did your bar cost you? That is pretty open and closed. What did you pay?

Countdown Clocks

It's not that hard if you guys have done this.

Key money 50,000 baht

First last and security 10,000 baht

Decor and furniture $50,000 baht

Safe 10,000 baht

Security system and cameras 15,000 baht

Sound and lights 20,000baht

License 10,000 baht

I just made all that up, but I don't think my question was that hard.  

I own two places in the states right now and have opened several more while consulting.  If you go through the process, you just know what you spent.  

BTW;If you owned a piece if string you would know how long it was....or what it costs.  =)

Why is it a variable question? The title says how much did your bar cost you? That is pretty open and closed. What did you pay?

Happens all the time on this forum.  People are going to try to make me feel like the farang who doesn't know Thailand.  LOL

No big deal.  Someone will enter the discussion at some point who gets it.  =)

The "how long is a piece of string comment" isn't really that bad considering the OP was very vague.

To the OP... it would depend on what kind of bar or restaurant you are planning on opening. How big of a place are you looking for and what locations? Are you looking to buy one for sale or open your own from scratch and do you plan on renting or buying the shophouse?

Ballpark area, buying an existing place, not a gogo, would be average around 1.5 mil B towards the lower end. Key money if you plan on renting maybe somewhere around 500,000-750,000 B for a three year lease. Setting up the place or doing a re-model is hard to say with out knowing what you are planning and the place you have but labor is pretty cheap, another 500K should get you close or done depending on what you are setting up

Hope this helps somewhat, again it is difficult to give figures with out knowing what you have planned and where in town. best of luck with it. Cheers

The "how long is a piece of string comment" isn't really that bad considering the OP was very vague.

To the OP... it would depend on what kind of bar or restaurant you are planning on opening. How big of a place are you looking for and what locations? Are you looking to buy one for sale or open your own from scratch and do you plan on renting or buying the shophouse?

Ballpark area, buying an existing place, not a gogo, would be average around 1.5 mil B towards the lower end. Key money if you plan on renting maybe somewhere around 500,000-750,000 B for a three year lease. Setting up the place or doing a re-model is hard to say with out knowing what you are planning and the place you have but labor is pretty cheap, another 500K should get you close or done depending on what you are setting up

Hope this helps somewhat, again it is difficult to give figures with out knowing what you have planned and where in town. best of luck with it. Cheers

Thank you sir.  I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.  I understand that there is no "right" answer.  If I was to ever open a place in Pattaya or ANYWHERE else than the town I live in,  I would ask this question, and a million others, a million times.  

Can't really gain knowledge from just one person in a situation like this.  

Thanks again.  

If you want to test the market, I remember seeing a sign somewhere around Soi Buakaow where you could rent a Bar for 200 baht a day. 

What you guys mean that this question has no answer? OP clearly asked "How much did YOUR bar cost?". If you're not an owner of a bar, never owned or don't know anybody who owned a bar, simple no need to answer because obviously you have no answer.

Regarding the question 

A friend of my father owns Zero agogo, which is now a bar I believe. It costed him 3 million Thai Baht to renovate the place, decor it etc.

I can't give you the cost breakdown because I don't know it 

I hope it was useful enough

If you want to test the market, I remember seeing a sign somewhere around Soi Buakaow where you could rent a Bar for 200 baht a day. 

Wow thanks!!  Does the joke book you got that one from come with the property?   :SoWhat1:

Try pm with China Garden on here he is currently opening his latest venture Smoking Joes restaurant already has Steak and Co also up and running seems to be doing well . He is probably very busy but would have your information .

Wow thanks!!  Does the joke book you got that one from come with the property?   :SoWhat1:

Why would you think his post was a joke? Bars are available for rent. While they might list it at 200B/day, I would suspect the fine print is for renting the bar for a longer period measured in months.

It was good suggestion if you're looking to test the water. And a reasonable suggestion given we don't know the specifics of what type of bar or restaurant you're looking to open. 

Why would you think his post was a joke? Bars are available for rent. While they might list it at 200B/day, I would suspect the fine print is for renting the bar for a longer period measured in months.

It was good suggestion if you're looking to test the water. And a reasonable suggestion given we don't know the specifics of what type of bar or restaurant you're looking to open.

If you were being serious then my apologies. I've not seen any place for rent for a daily rent. I'm not even sure how that would work.

But, again, my question has been quite specific because I am asking what YOUR bar costs. We are not talking about my bar because right now it doesn't exist. 555

I've been doing this my whole life. I've gotten a few private messages and if you people of posted on here with some useful information and I'm starting to be able to formulate some numbers inside my head that seem to make sense.

I do this for a living so I take it serious and I am trying to evaluate the return on investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived