IGNORED

10-year visas for over 50's approved

davidge

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2016/11/22/govt-approves-10-year-visas-foreigners-50/

Minimum 3 million baht in bank.

Large monthly income.

Health insurance.

Not sure there'll be a rush to apply!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think I will not be alone in having reservations about depositing minimum 3 million baht in bank!

Some of these visa requirements are a joke!!!

Or rephrase that most visa requirements are a joke!!!

It seems its a new option but will it become the only retirement visa option in the near future ?

Apart from the increase in the financial requirements the compulsory heath insurance is quite a game changer as that is new.

It looks reasonable. Says 3m baht in bank or income of 100,000 a month. Health insurance cover is $10k, thats probably not very expensive

Saying it will replace the current retirement visa will cause some worries for sure. Added to that not being able to draw on it seems bizarre. Leaving it in the bank till you basically die or leave Thailand serves no purpose. Just saw you just can't touch it for 12 mths. Unusual but doable for some.

Saying it will replace the current retirement visa will cause some worries for sure..

That is what I thought when reading it but I suspect the article is just poorly written. I suspect instead of replace they actually mean that it is an alternative.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Saying it will replace the current retirement visa will cause some worries for sure. Added to that not being able to draw on it seems bizarre. Leaving it in the bank till you basically die or leave Thailand serves no purpose. Just saw you just can't touch it for 12 mths. Unusual but doable for some.

It doesn't say that as it says:

monthly salary of at least 100,000 baht or have more than 3 million baht in their bank account, which cannot be withdrawn within the first year after receiving the visa. So only first year can't be withdrawn?

Either way, still have to do 90 day report and 100K baht a month means you'll likely die of alcohol/fun poisoning before 10 year visa expires anyway :) 

I'm waiting until they raise the minimum

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

That is what I thought when reading it but I suspect the article is just poorly written. I suspect instead of replace they actually mean that it is an alternative.

Hope so although can't see the sense of this being an alternative as it has the same reporting conditions and just increased 65k a month to 100k with a health insurance extra.

Haha, this is going to fuck you guys who are getting buy with only 800K in the bank and yearly renewals.

I was thinking the usual retirement scams will be available. Maybe thats the idea of the 3m not being withdrawn the first year. Avoids that scam

It doesn't say that as it says:

monthly salary of at least 100,000 baht or have more than 3 million baht in their bank account, which cannot be withdrawn within the first year after receiving the visa. So only first year can't be withdrawn?

Either way, still have to do 90 day report and 100K baht a month means you'll likely die of alcohol/fun poisoning before 10 year visa expires anyway :)

Big issue is many won't have that much conning in monthly.

Haha, this is going to fuck you guys who are getting buy with only 800K in the bank and yearly renewals.

Yes you and other trolls will no doubt feel good about anything that may cause problems for others.

Why the 'haha' ?

Why the 'haha' ?

I guess I was indeed trolling, mostly because I doubt it will happen and like to see people get all ruffed up when this topic comes up. I'm sorry. I was actually hoping to use the 800K scheme when I reach the required age, they will have surely have raised it by then though. :(

I guess I was indeed trolling, mostly because I doubt it will happen and like to see people get all ruffed up when this topic comes up. I'm sorry. I was actually hoping to use the 800K scheme when I reach the required age, they will have surely have raised it by then though. :(

Humour sometimes doesn't translate on forum discussions :-)

Not everybody is rich and after a life of hard work I'm happy for the people who can enjoy the rest of their life living a simple life in the place they always wanted to be.

Also I hope that the pound gets stronger again, that the euro doesn't collapse and that the situation in the USA soon gets back to normal. I don't know if that is realistic but I do know that people who are not hoping for this to happen are nasty people.

Humour sometimes doesn't translate on forum discussions :-)

Not everybody is rich and after a life of hard work I'm happy for the people who can enjoy the rest of their life living a simple life in the place they always wanted to be.

Also I hope that the pound gets stronger again, that the euro doesn't collapse and that the situation in the USA soon gets back to normal. I don't know if that is realistic but I do know that people who are not hoping for this to happen are nasty people.

I think TH and PH are just getting too rich they just don't need us any more - and other Asians in the region are coming in cashed up. Koreans, and soon the Chinese are already changing AC.

The Bangkok Post confirms this replaces the existing retirement arrangements.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tourism-and-transport/1141756/10-year-visa-for-senior-tourists

No mention if those currently using the existing retirement option will be subjected to the new schemes criteria or not.

For many retired guys I hope not because many just will not have the money and quite a few will be unable to get the medical insurance at a reasonable rate if at all.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tourism-and-transport/1141756/10-year-visa-for-senior-tourists

No mention if those currently using the existing retirement option will be subjected to the new schemes criteria or not.

For many retired guys I hope not because many just will not have the money and quite a few will be unable to get the medical insurance at a reasonable rate if at all.

If that's the case it probably will apply to all, since they way they have it organized the extension must be renewed yearly.  Game changer...

Check in to the Philippines SRRV Visa.

It would replace one-year renewable visas and come in two installments of five years each, Athisit said. It was not immediately clear when the plan would be implemented.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

mmm..perhaps there is a replacement going on. This may benefit those who can easily get an income statement from their embassy without having to provide any proof of income.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

mmm..perhaps there is a replacement going on. This may benefit those who can easily get an income statement from their embassy without having to provide any proof of income.

I know US citizens don't need any proof to get the letter and I think I've heard the same applies to Australians but most others do.

The issuing of the embassy letters though is down to the individual counties embassies, maybe the Thais shouldn't accept any embassy letters and just rely on cash up front ?

Saying that though this retirement thing is partially about pensions and there is no way the Thais are going to check on everyone's so they trust the embassies will only provide a letter that they know is true.

Not just based upon what one of their citizens has told them.

I hadn't realised when I made the first post that this was meant to be a REPLACEMENT for the current arrangements.

If so, and if it is implemented, it's really going to make things difficult for many people.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I hadn't realised when I made the first post that this was meant to be a REPLACEMENT for the current arrangements.

If so, and if it is implemented, it's really going to make things difficult for many people.

And a total collapse of the real estate market as many would need to sell their condos by leaving ..... making prices plunging as many same moment sales... :Think1: ' now even I start rethinking of buying .... as this government is not to trust ..... better keep Sihanoukville as a reserve in mind .for that.... :GoldenSmile1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Archived