IGNORED

3 nights in Bangkok what hotel guys ?

Jack Frost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spent 5 nights at the Shama Serviced Apartments. they are 3500-5000 for a 1BR depending on the time of year. The have a special exit that puts you right on the street you want to be. It is also 1 block to the BTS Nana

just go to Google maps search serviced apartments and you can find 5-6 decent options that have the class and style you are looking for. Agoda typically has cheapest prices, but booking directly from hotels can offer perks that you are denied with places like Agoda

i will return to Bangkok for New Years and plan to try a different one near Soi Cowboy

Worth looking at hotel booking site Agoda,sometimes can get 4 star hotel for 3 star rates,they usually have good pics of hotel and amenities.

Just came back from a 3 night stay at Citadines soi 11. Studio executive room. 30 sq metres. Kitchen. Better than a hotel room felt more like an apartment/ condo.

I payed approximately 1500 baht per night. Has a pool on the roof and an Irish pub (Mulligans) adjacent to the foyer/ reception. Great food/drink and has an outdoor seating area overlooking the soi. Had an ex Pattaya gogo girl with me so don't know about taking girls back but the reception staff were pretty laid back so wouldn't think it would be a problem.

"Sounds fun & do not know this hotel.

Any pics ????

Thermae bar certainly a old legendary place decades back."

Sorry did not take any pics, I have stayed there many times....

rooftop Pool brilliant,

Safes Deposits behind counter.....

Equidistant Cowboy and Nana,

3 stops from Bus St on Sky Train.

Thermai FULL of freelancers every night, ( they start at 4000 lol, but 1000/1500 is all I pay.

Rooms could do with a refurb, but was fine for me and 1200 p.nt

sports bar at Soi 13 for BIG SCREEN. English commentary,

Was only there 3 nights but had a brilliant time

Cream Bar, on steps of 7/11 can be a fun hangout....

• 4 weeks later...

Grand President Sukhumvit 11

is a big hotel with a range of rooms and suites. 3 pools, gym, excellent breakfast. 5 minutes walk to Nana Skytrain station; same time to Beer Garden in Soi 7. Girl friendly, no visitor fee, but security take girl's ID card for your protection (give a tip); they check you are OK when she asks for it back.

Recommend not book the cheapest room but next one up or better. This is what I do; last time I was upgraded to a mini suite.

Stayed there for 3 days last May and am considering it again for this year. No dramas, a comfortable stay with a good location.

Just came back from a 3 night stay at Citadines soi 11. Studio executive room. 30 sq metres. Kitchen. Better than a hotel room felt more like an apartment/ condo.

I payed approximately 1500 baht per night. Has a pool on the roof and an Irish pub (Mulligans) adjacent to the foyer/ reception. Great food/drink and has an outdoor seating area overlooking the soi. Had an ex Pattaya gogo girl with me so don't know about taking girls back but the reception staff were pretty laid back so wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Citadines 11 is functional if spartan, 1 bdrm well within your price range  $57/night.  Pool area is small and needs a refresher on the upholstery.   There's a pub downstairs as well as others stumbling distance away including a Hilary or 2.  Like Aloft, you need to be comfortable with a decent walk to Sukhumvit and its BTS station.  I enjoy walking all the way to Nana or Cowboy.   There's an excellent daytime currency exchange on Sukhumvit near Soi 7.  Lots of restaurant choices, some pricy, along the way where you can mingle non-monger types.   Excellent street food choices late at night on Soi 11, but you'll pay 50% more for this location.   Multiple clubs in the area which has many hotels and many nationalities.   Citadines has washer/dryer, which can be good value, otherwise, there's laundry at the top of Soi 11 near the 4 Seasons for 100 baht/kilo or more. 

Aloft is nice.  Price near $110+/night.  Levels club is in the building but need to go up different elevator.   Levels has a dress code, so bring dress shoes.   I would not recommend the food place.   These places all have tuk-tuk service to Sukhumvit, and it is up to you to tip.   Sometimes after 3 days, the front door guys start expecting tips from me every time I walk through the door.

Citadines 23 is walking distance to Cowboy and I walk my dates back, usually after they've exchanged their heels for other shoes more suitable for the poor sidewalks.   Again the accomodations are spartan with a slightly better pool area that needs upholstery updating.  The lengthy walk down Soi 23 to Sukhumvit passes many massage shops (some across from the hotel) where IME most of the girls do FS, though some are reluctant if you look like you have a big.  Take out is available too with a takeout charge of 400+ if you can handle walking your other dates back in front of them.    A MRT subway stop is available as well as BTS Skytrain at Sukhumvit, with easy access to soapies not named Nataree.   Take the BTS 2 or 3 stops south to the oilies. There's a nice Anzac expat type pub on 23, a fish fry place, and the other direction I believe has some highly rated restaurants and more expat pubs hoping for some crumbs of business.  Terminal 21 is very close for indoor dining and there are some carts with good offerings available on Cowboy from the morning on. 

The Citadines pools are on the top floor.  The Aloft pool is on the 10th floor or so, is outdoors with no building above it, and looks down Soi 11.  In room safes in all of these.   Clean safe and well run.

Check this hotel

https://www.lohasresidences.com/

Perfect location between soi 2/4 for 2-2,500b night

No joiner fee.

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

Hotel Clover Asoke

I stayed here twice in July/August. First time, I had planned on a week. But I was enjoying BKK so much, I extended it to two. Went back the second time for another week. I loved the location with it's easy access to BTS and MRT. Rooms are a little on the small side, but have everything you need. Mini-fridge comes stocked with a few items that are free. Once you drink or eat them, they don't get replaced. Coffee/tea does get replaced daily. Nice place.

I've stayed centre point 10 in soi 8 quite a fee times. Big rooms, great bathrooms, quality breakfast, coffee. However would be wary walking there late at night and certainly wouldn't be taking short cut off main drag even if 5 mins longer

Sent from my i-STYLE 7.6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I stayed at Phachara Suites - close to Nana BTS and the nightlife around there. Room was big, had a washing machine, walk in wardrobe and living room (I paid for a large corner room), staff were friendly all the time. Good value for money.

Only single problem I had was bed linen was always stained - it has been washed, but marks remained. I repeatedly had it changed, and it became a bit of a drag. Ended up washing it myself. For that reason I won't return -- I assume it's not like that everywhere!

2nd-6th March staying in a hotel near Nana it's called the Nana hotel :Finger5:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:58, petermik said:

Tints of Blue sukhumvit soi 27........10 minutes walk from Cowboy :ThumbUp6: 

I'm interested (was) in this place for my forthcoming trip. I emailed the hotel about joiner fee's and they replied. 1000bht per night joiner fee even when booking a double occupancy room. 

Sofitel hotel is now my residence when in Bkk, I have stayed in so many hotels over the years but this hotel it is perfect. Soi Cow boy is 5 minutes walk, Terminal 21 is next door and Nana Plaza is only a 10 minute brisk walk. Everything in the room is the highest quality, the bed is incredibly comfortable, absolute silence at night, excellent gym, great rooftop bar, brilliant staff who don’t blink an eye when you bring a girl back. 

Fraser Suites would be next recommendation. 

16 minutes ago, George1234 said:

Sofitel Hotel is now my residence when in Bkk, I have stayed in so many hotels over the years but this hotel it is perfect. Soi Cow boy is 5 minutes walk, Terminal 21 is next door and Nana Plaza is only a 10 minute brisk walk. Everything in the room is the highest quality, the bed is incredibly comfortable, absolute silence at night, excellent gym, great rooftop bar, brilliant staff who don’t blink an eye when you bring a girl back. 

Fraser Suites would be next recommendation. 

Yes I was there November  2017, Club Millsime access because  booked executive room, the location is probably the best thing about this hotel

For me the breakfast was adequate at best, and the worse thing was that I really didn't expect the shower to flood the bathroom floor.

Oriental Residence Wireless Rd corner room suite was exceptional and breakfast there was superb, IMHO far better than Sofitel Suk and cheaper too.

I always stay at the SM Grand residence on Soi 4, rooms for most budgets starting at 1200 baht up, the 1 bedroom rooms are huge and can be had at good value via Agoda.

Decent size pool on the 3rd floor which get the sun until around 4PM.

Could probably do with a refurb but it's not bad.

Guest friendly, no charge even for 2 extra guests no matter the room type.

I was going to recommend President Palace in Suk Soi 11 but it seems to have disappeared.

Place was diagonally opposite Aloft.....has it morphed into something else or been demolished?

Sois 8 and 11 adjacent to Nana BTS are great locations with a good range of smaller style hotels.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:41, Autoroam said:

I was going to recommend President Palace in Suk Soi 11 but it seems to have disappeared.

Place was diagonally opposite Aloft.....has it morphed into something else or been demolished?

Now Mercure Soi 11, place has been refurbished and supposed to be good but I haven't stayed there myself.

Solitaire also on Soi 11 is quite good and GF, I've stayed there, that was also formerly known as President something or other and has also been fully refurbished 

Archived