IGNORED

Visa for Thai national to the U.K.

wez121

What are the requirements for a Thai national to gain a visa for the U.K.?

It would only be short term for around 30 days.

Basically the ability to convince the person processing the application that the applicant is a genuine visitor, will leave the country in accordance with the visa conditions and has access to funds to pay for the expenses.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

So basically a return ticket and funds to live eat?

As long as you commit to pay the expenses and provide a place for her to stay (and you provide evidence for both) the financial side should be covered. For a Thai to have a good chance at a successful application you need to provide evidence that she has something to return to. A job to return to is a good reason but I don't think that a return ticket is enough. I am not saying that it can't be done without convincing evidence but it does make it more difficult.

I know this website is aimed at getting a tourist visa to Australia but I believe that the UK system is similar: Ozvisathai

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

as scumbag says, reason to return is the biggest one, I travelled back last time with a girl I've known years who was meeting her boyfriend at the airport, she was given a real grilling for 30 minutes about the whole trip & it was her 2nd visit to the uk to see him, apparently they are getting tighter with it & if their story doesn't sound right they will get turned back, so suggest they have a pretty good level of English to get through

Here goes this is a list of paperwork I provided to get a visitors visa for my wife who at that time was not eligible to apply for a settlement visa. All visas to the UK are now for 6 months and start running from the date of issue not the date of arrival in the UK.

A letter of sponsorship stating the reason for the visit and a rough itinerary.

Evidence of earnings above £18,000 (and something can't remember the exact figure) this consisted of 6 months pay slips, 6 months bank statements and a letter from my employer.

Evidence of somewhere to stay, mortgage statements or copy of rent book or a copy of the deeds.

Copies of electric, gas and water bills.

Photos of my house.

Photos of us together.

Copies of your passport pages showing Thai entry and exit stamps.

Evidence of ongoing contact, phone bills,line records etc.

I think that's about it and we still got a grilling at passport control at Heathrow (from a bitch who certainly wasn't born in the UK but I held my tongue and answered her politely).

On a side note my wife passed the required English exam this week so we can now go through the whole process again for a settlement visa (plus more I should imagine) 

Here goes this is a list of paperwork I provided to get a visitors visa for my wife who at that time was not eligible to apply for a settlement visa. All visas to the UK are now for 6 months and start running from the date of issue not the date of arrival in the UK.

A letter of sponsorship stating the reason for the visit and a rough itinerary.

Evidence of earnings above £18,000 (and something can't remember the exact figure) this consisted of 6 months pay slips, 6 months bank statements and a letter from my employer.

Evidence of somewhere to stay, mortgage statements or copy of rent book or a copy of the deeds.

Copies of electric, gas and water bills.

Photos of my house.

Photos of us together.

Copies of your passport pages showing Thai entry and exit stamps.

Evidence of ongoing contact, phone bills,line records etc.

I think that's about it and we still got a grilling at passport control at Heathrow (from a bitch who certainly wasn't born in the UK but I held my tongue and answered her politely).

On a side note my wife passed the required English exam this week so we can now go through the whole process again for a settlement visa (plus more I should imagine) 

Great info, Best wishes mate.

.... we still got a grilling at passport control at Heathrow (from a bitch who certainly wasn't born in the UK but I held my tongue and answered her politely).

Some very helpful info in your post - thanks.

I'm curious about the logistics at LHR. You say "WE" got a grilling. Does that mean you were in the same passport queue? I would have expected you to be in the EU queue and your lady to be in the foreign nationals queue.

I'm curious about the logistics at LHR. You say "WE" got a grilling. Does that mean you were in the same passport queue? I would have expected you to be in the EU queue and your lady to be in the foreign nationals queue.

I don't believe any immigration department requires people travelling to together to use separate queues. Not even Thailand forces people to do it.

I don't believe any immigration department requires people travelling to together to use separate queues. Not even Thailand forces people to do it.

Did you both go through the EU or the foreign nationals queue?

Did you both go through the EU or the foreign nationals queue?

When we arrive in Australia we go through the Australian queue. When in Thailand we go through the Thai queue.

Some very helpful info in your post - thanks.

The first time she came I thought she would have to queue with the non EU passport holders so I queued with her but when we got to the front the (much more helpful English) immigration officer told us that as she was with me she could have passed through the EU desks so this time we went through the shorter queues.

The first time she came I thought she would have to queue with the non EU passport holders so I queued with her but when we got to the front the (much more helpful English) immigration officer told us that as she was with me she could have passed through the EU desks so this time we went through the shorter queues.

Some more helpful info. Thanks for a second time.

Archived