IGNORED

Electric fat bike for sale

BaldPlumber

Due to an urgent need of a tooth implant, I sadly need to sell my almost new electric fat / sand bike.

35ac956738dd6a3b6e314bcaa3ec5c08.jpg

The bike is fitted with a 48V, 20ah triangle battery powering a direct drive rear hub motor via a 45 amp controller.

There are 4 modes of operation; pedal assist (5 levels of assist), throttle control, cruise control and walking assist.

The bike has a top speed of an insane 72kmh, but I have restricted this to 50kmh via the customisable controller.

Since it is electric, there is no need for tax, insurance or helmets. Since it is a bicycle, there is no hassle from the police.

I find in normal day to day use, I need to charge it every 5 days or so. Maximum distance is between 80 - 100km depending on power use, terrain and riders weight. The bike comes with a fast, 5 amp charger.

The original brakes were, in my opinion, dangerous for a bike of this type, so I replaced them with new shimano hydraulic brakes and rotors.

Similarly, I didn't like the original 21 speed system, so replaced it with a useful 7 speed system by fitting a 52 tooth chain ring. This gives a much higher touring speed.

I also fitted LED lights, front and rear. These are comparable to motorcycle lights and are very bright.

Price is 42,500 which is extremely low for a bike of this spec.

LED lights

1dcacf41d15c70694f972f4a146d7918.jpgfc4d92b7552287986e4c944a62c4a918.jpg

Battery, controller, wiring box

f8d4fece2e61e8360ad70583a9bcd8bc.jpg

Direct drive 3-phase hub motor

c23298b6e7e61d6056f488a596638eb9.jpg

New shimano hydraulic disks and rotors

eb02c3c74a00186d20ae175d3777230d.jpg

Half grip throttle control and ignition

8e72402bb6f87539d4608a7ff2b9f8a7.jpg

Multi function LCD and controller interface

cce38d3ae89f670549a69203882f04aa.jpg

If anyone wants any more info, then please PM me.

Looks nice , as lolokalbo says , where to buy ? 

You buy the bits, motor, battery, controls etc from China.

Then you find a bike and put it all together, or, find a friendly bike shop and get them to do it for you.

This one went like a rocket.

Then you find a bike and put it all together, or, find a friendly bike shop and get them to do it for you.

First Im happy you got it sold so quick and good luck with your dental issue.

The point of this post though is do you realise that you have a business opportunity here ?

Make them and sell them also you could rent them out.

Just a suggestion you may wish to consider.

Easier to just get a Honda Click isn't it

But way to boring mate. Electric is easy to drag in and charge up. Zero petrol and oil leaks. Lack of regulation is a plus and a distance it can travel covers 99.9% of my needs.   I'm betting there is a market here and well worth looking into. 

But way to boring mate. Electric is easy to drag in and charge up. Zero petrol and oil leaks. Lack of regulation is a plus and a distance it can travel covers 99.9% of my needs. I'm betting there is a market here and well worth looking into.

I'd go along with that too.

If I was in the west, I'd be looking at electric cars as well. Along with the Tesla cars, the GM bolt is pretty impressive. I'd be surprised if the major car manufacturers don't have future plans for fully electric cars.

All it needs is a better density/power ratio wrt batteries and the market would be enormous.

One moving part? No brainer really

Electric scooter or car yeah great idea, charge up and go, but batteries seem like the issue and expensive, leaf was £20k+. But fat tyres bicycles are for sand, limited use. Too tiring to cycle decent distances. I'm out.

Electric scooter or car yeah great idea, charge up and go, but batteries seem like the issue and expensive, leaf was £20k+. But fat tyres bicycles are for sand, limited use. Too tiring to cycle decent distances. I'm out.

1. No license needed.

2. Faster than a Tmax to 60km/h

3. With a solar charger and an inverter 100% independent

4. Works just fine even when "fuel" is empty

5. No noise pollution

6. Environmentally friendly

7. Freedom to drive where a click can't

sorry to counter with the following points !

no insurance cover possible . 

upgraded breaking system still not adequate .

speed capabilities still too high  for the bike structure in event of collision .

chinese battery and electronics can be unreliable , can fail prematurely and can be expensive to replace . ( new battery approx 4/500 yoyos )

that said , great looking bike ! i would buy if i lived there for the fun aspect . 

best of luck ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw these bike in outdoor display at Sea Doo races on Jomtien Beach previous weekend . Some smart looking bikes but with price tags of $70K baht .

I didn't get seller info but presumably available assembled somewhere in Thailand . 

Saw these bike in outdoor display at Sea Doo races on Jomtien Beach previous weekend . Some smart looking bikes but with price tags of $70K baht .

I didn't get seller info but presumably available assembled somewhere in Thailand . 

http://ninja-bikes.com/  Can it be this company?  Good luck, they do not seem very responsive.    Just my opinion. 

Assuming a new bike used, how much did it cost all up?

http://ninja-bikes.com/  Can it be this company?  Good luck, they do not seem very responsive.    Just my opinion. 

Yes.  I recall a banner stating Ninja just didn't realize it was the shop name .

If you really want a decent ebike, then research bafang mid drive motors, specifically the BBSHD drive.

A motor kit and decent battery will set you back about 50K baht, and then you'll need a donor bike.

I've seen second hand bicycles advertised in Thailand for 120K plus, the minimum you'll get away with, assuming you want something half decent, is about 25K and this should be something that won't rust to pieces within a year and will have reasonable brakes and gears.

Including the inevitable mods, you'll be looking at 80K which will get you a really good ebike that will knock the spots of anything pre built that you'll see in the shops.

A fat bike, although it looks pretty cool, is not necessarily the best one to go for.

They're expensive, without a doubt, but for sheer fun they're hard to beat. But, many people will think that a new PCX is better value.

Archived