IGNORED

XE 1 Wedge....views?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

A few months back I was talking to a dude who had purchased 2 of these 'revolutionary' wedges (65 and 59). He couldn't get on with them, so I bought his 65 deg for 2,000THB. Got to say, I really like it - good club for a flop shot. Anyone else tried it?

My only dislike is the OTT marketing 'take x shots of your game' etc...bolloks. Nonetheless, it's the best lob wedge I have owned.

xE1 65 Degree Golf Wedge Reviews | xE1 Golf

Screenshot-2015-11-05-11.25.34.png

I got one--65 degree and can't use it..Like new and will sell for 2000 Baht

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

You can sell it back if you stop missing the green!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Took me 2 minutes to figure out what it was ... looks like some flash shaver ... 555 . 

No ... i don't play golf ... still sexually active ...  :Whistle: . 

Took me 2 minutes to figure out what it was ... looks like some flash shaver ... 555 . 

No ... i don't play golf ... still sexually active ...  :Whistle: . 

Nice try Jerry....takes more than that minor provocation about our (lack of) sexual prowess to wind us golfers up  :WinkGrin1:

Saw on Facebook the other day,that someone had forgotten one of those at Phoenix .

They were looking for the owner.

No one would admit it was theirs.:)

OP what is the maximum distance you can hit with it without lowering the natural angle?

60 yards.

Saw on Facebook the other day,that someone had forgotten one of those at Phoenix .

They were looking for the owner.

No one would admit it was theirs. :)

I have a mate in Patts who works in the golf travel business and is a decent player and coach. He occasionally gives me lessons - he was similarly disparaging about my wedge. My retort is that it isn't designed for low markers, but for dudes like me (currently on 13) and hoping one day to reach the dizzy heights of a single figure handicap  :WinkGrin1:

I have a mate in Patts who works in the golf travel business and is a decent player and coach. He occasionally gives me lessons - he was similarly disparaging about my wedge. My retort is that it isn't designed for low markers, but for dudes like me (currently on 13) and hoping one day to reach the dizzy heights of a single figure handicap  :WinkGrin1:

You've already overcome a huge barrier in that you're confident with it.  Although at a 13 I don't think that is the target market.  It's kind of like having a chipper in your bag.  When you go back to "normal" wedges(and you will  :WinkGrin1: ) just make sure you pay attention to gapping, grind and bounce and learn to open/close clubface to alter loft/bounce. 

Like my friends that ask opinions on wine, I say "drink what it is you like but with enough drinking and mixing in the odd good bottle there's a chance your palate may change over time". 

I like this as part of their ad, Are you tired of smirks and laughs from the others in your foursome? Yeah well then take that abomination out of your bag!  Sorry LW, just kidding.

Does it come with a mouth guard?

• 4 weeks later...

utter rubbish.

my Ram Tom Watson 60* (1980's) for 500 baht would tie it down and whip its useless ass.

:DeadHorse2:  :LOL2:

utter rubbish.

my Ram Tom Watson 60* (1980's) for 500 baht would tie it down and whip its useless ass.

You got ripped.

utter rubbish.

Maybe ,  it is the Indian .  not the bow  !!

your  h/c  is  ?

LW  said his is 13  &  trying to improve ,

so  you need to be better than that ,  either way 

Well gee look golly gosh i'm and old man, almost 65 freaking years, been struggling with a golf swing for too long, handicap been stuck for last 10 years, can't find a swing that really really works.

So you see since i've been around a long time i do know the joys and beauty of what are now vintage clubs.

one thing i am good at is wedge play, have a selection of Wilson Staff, Hogan, Golden Ram to pick from, the Vokeys and Callaways are in the shed rusting.

Handicap was 4.4 when i left Aus a month ago.

500 baht probably was too much!

Got my eye on a Wilson Staff 2 iron at 200 baht and a Wilson Staff sand iron at 500 baht as well.

Seriously now, all these modern game improvement clubs are utter rubbish, you will never improve if you use them because they have no feelings and will never talk to you.

One big problem with them is the leading being so blunt and rounded, if you hit the ball skinny and/fat that's one reason why, if you can't get the leading edge under the ball in that little space between the ball and the grass you can't hit the ball properly.

Archived