Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tourist scams in thailand

Bounc123

hey, i would like to open a topic for all tourist scams, that can happen in thailand, to procted people to get scamed.

i start with something special, that i saw in bangkok.

there were two ladies feeding doves on the street with corn. When there are tourists on the way, they come to them and give them corn in little bags and want you to feed the doves.

Don't do that. After you feed the doves with some of the corn, the two ladies want money from you, because you used the corn of them.

So what's the scam ? Not to hard to understand they want money for it . 

Equally as bizarre,

I went into a 7-11

Put some items into my basket

took it to the cash register girl

& had to pay for them

Picked a girl from a bar & they charged me 400 baht, next morning, after a couple of sessions she demanded 2000 baht!!

Equally as bizarre,

I went into a 7-11

& had to pay for them

Poor analogy to the OP.

Many times as I have traveled around Thailand, people who are having some food and/or drink would call me over and share some with me. At the end, they would not ask me for money. Why? Because they weren't out to scam me. They were the typical hospitable Thais that one frequently encounters.

Unless they ladies stated they are selling the corn bags up front, I'd call it a scam. 'Giving' something to a tourist and than charging them after the fact is not right. Obviously, a well traveled tourist would be tuned in the scam. But just because it is only the ignorant or uninformed who fall for it, does not take away from the fact that it is a scam. If it was clear they were selling to bags so others could feed the doves too, then no problem. Still, it's not as bad as man drinks.

Equally as bizarre,

I went into a 7-11

& had to pay for them

Yes.

Exactly same "scam" in Family Mart.

• 6 months later...

Everyone please be careful of scams! Just like anywhere in the world where tourists frequent. Especially in areas that may be considered 2nd world or 3rd world, people are desperate to make a dollar. Not that they are bad people, but tourists can make it easy for scammers to exploit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived