Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

Sick Water Buffalo

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1134396/pattaya-hua-hin-ferry-to-begin-on-new-years-day

A privately-run ferry service from Pattaya to Hua Hin is expected to start operations on Jan 1, the Marine Department says, but the ride will be initially limited to a daily round-trip and cater only to passengers, not vehicles.

Instead of 5-6 hours by road through Bangkok, it will be 1.5-2 hours directly over the sea.

This will make hopping over to Hua Hin from Pattaya for a day or two for tourism (or a getaway with a girl) a much more feasible/comfortable option.  :ThumbUp6:

I read about this earlier today on another web site,  I don't think Hua Hin has a big enough draw to make this ferry profitable esp. if they are limiting it to only walk-on passengers and no vehicles.

From the article, sounds like they are going step-by-step... starting with a small passenger ferry, then later a larger passenger ferry (if demand is enough I assume), while the infrastructure for vehicle and cargo service is being built.

I read about this earlier today on another web site,  I don't think Hua Hin has a big enough draw to make this ferry profitable esp. if they are limiting it to only walk-on passengers and no vehicles.

It's never been profitable before so why they are tying again is beyond me. All the previous companies have gone bust due to little demand, bad weather cancelling sailings and the prohibitive cost of a single ticket!  Around 3K if I remember. 

Archived