Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf short game practice area

Scuba+

Maybe the 420 is off set by the fact you can play all day? Is Sattahip a par 3 course too? Great price, hopefully I'll get my hands on some used clubs and play all them cheap ones.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Yeah i agree if you make a day of the 420 course then you can get some good practice done. Sattahip is a 9 hole course with par 3s,4s and 5s, short though which is ok, i don't need my driver.

I'm toying with selling my spare set here in March. Looking on Bahtsold there seems to be little choice of 2nd hand clubs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i agree if you make a day of the 420 course then you can get some good practice done. Sattahip is a 9 hole course with par 3s,4s and 5s, short though which is ok, i don't need my driver.

I'm toying with selling my spare set here in March. Looking on Bahtsold there seems to be little choice of 2nd hand clubs

I'll buy them in December?

He certainly takes no prisoners and can be cheeky as fuck but I have to say his logic is normally sound and he is without doubt entertaining. I much prefer his approach to some of the pseudo intellectuals we have.

I deeply resent your insinuation sir!  :WinkGrin1:

Good sand wedge drill....thanks.

I got a better one for ya.

Don't hit it in the bunkers.:)

I got a better one for ya.

Don't hit it in the bunkers.:)

Shoot.

I'll buy them in December?

I need them until end Mar. There seems to be a load of turd slazengers for sale on bahtsold

I tried the Jomtiem 9 hole par 3 course and its better than i expected. Pretty good for short game practice. Greens well maintained, more green staff than I've seen anywhere. 420 baht, but annual membership of 500 baht reduces green fee by 90 baht. People seem to go round 3+ times, not busy. I'd recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the Jomtiem 9 hole par 3 course and its better than i expected. Pretty good for short game practice. Greens well maintained, more green staff than I've seen anywhere. 420 baht, but annual membership of 500 baht reduces green fee by 90 baht. People seem to go round 3+ times, not busy. I'd recommend it.

Scuba were you able to go around as much as you like? Can someone just bring a putter and say a pitching wedge without a bag? Finally could one take a moto taxi from LK Metro to the course without it being too far? Went to the driving range with my bag yesterday (Diana) and it wasn't too bad.

Scuba were you able to go around as much as you like? Can someone just bring a putter and say a pitching wedge without a bag? Finally could one take a moto taxi from LK Metro to the course without it being too far? Went to the driving range with my bag yesterday (Diana) and it wasn't too bad.

Yes to all those. As a guess maybe 80/100 baht for taxi

I hit a pitching wedge about 110 and don't mind if I'm short of the green or have to choke down. Would you suggest I take three clubs including putter?

In edit: without a bag, two may be better to carry around the course. Staying at the Links on Soi Buakhao and the owner just walked by and filled me in. Prattnamak Asian Golf course Soi 4. Played twice already with the lads here and the owner loaned me a set of clubs. Nice. Great place to stay if you golf.

I hit a pitching wedge about 110 and don't mind if I'm short of the green or have to choke down. What would you suggest if I take three clubs including putter?

I think the longest is around 125 yards. I usually take up to 52, play short and pitch up. I think up to PW is a good choice

I hit a pitching wedge about 110 and don't mind if I'm short of the green or have to choke down. Would you suggest I take three clubs including putter?

In edit: without a bag, two may be better to carry around the course. Staying at the Links on Soi Buakhao and the owner just walked by and filled me in. Prattnamak Asian Golf course Soi 4. Played twice already with the lads here and the owner loaned me a set of clubs. Nice. Great place to stay if you golf.

Yes, Links bar is good for golf, two groups operate out of there (PGS-IPGC and Links-PSC). Plus new owners have really improved it since taking over a few months ago.

http://thelinkshotelpattaya.com/golf-society/

Yes, Links bar is good for golf, two groups operate out of there (PGS-IPGC and Links-PSC). Plus new owners have really improved it since taking over a few months ago.http://thelinkshotelpattaya.com/golf-society/

Russell gone?

Who are the new guys?

Russell gone?

Who are the new guys?

Yeah Russell gone, interesting story that one..new guys are Christian who used to be at Phantom until he sold it, and a couple of other guys i can't recall the names.

Edit: i hear Steve has sold out of Golf Club bar, i wonder what the story is there

Russell gone?

Who are the new guys?

They run some interesting events.  Like every hole has a prize.  Entry is a bit higher but they have a free buffet back at the bar after and all the prizes are handed out.  They do a decent job of it.

They run some interesting events. Like every hole has a prize. Entry is a bit higher but they have a free buffet back at the bar after and all the prizes are handed out. They do a decent job of it.

I think thats only for the once a month links cup. Every other golf day its normal prizes. Free food after every golf day though

Phillip from Wales, he treated me like a king from the moment arrived. Christian a Dane they went in on it. Then they brought in an Aussie who had hotel experience. All great people. Excellent bed, shower and linens. Phillip was telling me that they really put some money into the place, brand new air con etc...

The other group just went out today. Links plays again tomorrow.

We had a tragedy Sunday one of the guys in my group died on the 7th hole. Leigh Abbey from Australia. He was going to leave the next day. Leigh, a lefty, hit his best drive of the day then nailed his approach and just keeled over. I heard his caddie screaming, looked back and he was face down. Ran over of course, but knew fuck all about CPR. Had a Korean doctor come over and Paul some of you may know, a really good golfer, really worked on him. Took the ambulance a long time to arrive. But to be honest he died before he hit the ground, I believe.

The owners of Links really stepped up getting a hold of his family. Christian was on the phone all the way back to the hotel trying to find Leigh's next of kin. Len too, 70 years old some of you may know, stepped up as well. Paul who's had his share of rescues was saying dehydration is very common and can lead to heart attack stroke etc.. don't believe dehydration was a factor here but don't know. Drink plenty of water boys. Leigh was in his 60s I believe.

Yeah Russell gone, interesting story that one..new guys are Christian who used to be at Phantom until he sold it, and a couple of other guys i can't recall the names.

Edit: i hear Steve has sold out of Golf Club bar, i wonder what the story is there

Steve still there as far as I know.:).Couple,of others AWOL.

They run some interesting events.  Like every hole has a prize.  Entry is a bit higher but they have a free buffet back at the bar after and all the prizes are handed out.  They do a decent job of it.

Hope the food is better.

Got sick as fuck from there two years ago.

Phillip from Wales, he treated me like a king from the moment arrived. Christian a Dane they went in on it. Then they brought in an Aussie who had hotel experience. All great people. Excellent bed, shower and linens. Phillip was telling me that they really put some money into the place, brand new air con etc...

We had a tragedy Sunday one of the guys in my group died on the 7th hole. Leigh Abbey from Australia. He was going to leave the next day. Leigh, a lefty, hit his best drive of the day then nailed his approach and just keeled over. I heard his caddie screaming, looked back and he was face down. Ran over of course, but knew fuck all about CPR. Had a Korean doctor come over and Paul some of you may know, a really good golfer, really worked on him. Took the ambulance a long time to arrive. But to be honest he died before he hit the ground, I believe.

The owners of Links really stepped up getting a hold of his family. Christian was on the phone all the way back to the hotel trying to find Leigh's next of kin. Len too, 70 years old some of you may know, stepped up as well. Paul who's had his share of rescues was saying dehydration is very common and can lead to heart attack stroke etc.. don't believe dehydration was a factor here but don't know. Drink plenty of water boys. Leigh was in his 60s I believe.

That's no good.

Great way to go though.

I'm told he was 59

I think thats only for the once a month links cup. Every other golf day its normal prizes. Free food after every golf day though

zCould be right.  I've played only twice with them.  Last time I believe they mentioned a new third partner who used to be the PSC Golf Chairman (name escapes me - but then I need to look in the corner to remember mine).

Hope the food is better.

Got sick as fuck from there two years ago.

Food is OK I guess.  I[m not crazy about golf buffets just something solid to give the beer something to hold onto.

Archived