IGNORED

How To Apply For Schengen Visa For Thai Wife From Within UK - Advice Please

Lloydies

Need to get the missus this Schengen Visa so we can do a bit of holidaying in Europe and would appreciate the advice from anyone who has done this or who knows how to do it.

Cheers

Lest We Forget

At a guess, contact the embassy/consulate of a Schengen country - preferably the one where you plan to spend most of your time on the trip.

You're suppose to be selling trips,not taking them.

Iv'e never done it but I know a little about it. 'They' say that places like Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic are the 'easiest' (least hassle) ones to get. They also suggest that for a first visit you should enter and exit the particular country that granted the visa. That will help no end in future applications.

Ive done it twice. Show proof of marriage. Return tickets, hotel booking. Very easy. On both occasions we were visiting one country for a specified time and on both occasions the visa granted only covered that country and for the specified dates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

At a guess, contact the embassy/consulate of a Schengen country - preferably the one where you plan to spend most of your time on the trip.

Just really hoped to get a multi entry so we could go when and where we wanted

Ive done it twice. Show proof of marriage. Return tickets, hotel booking. Very easy. On both occasions we were visiting one country for a specified time and on both occasions the visa granted only covered that country and for the specified dates.

I thought it covered every country in the agreement, 22 countries or something

I thought it did also but on both occasions it covered Spain the first time and Hungry the second. But i did not request anything more. Maybe i could have requested a multi entry visa. I don't know to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...

What I have found out so far....

If married you will need your marriage certificate translated into English and certified by the Thai Embassy (even if it is stamped by a lawyer)

You need to apply at the Embassy of the first country you plan to visit or the country you plan to spend the most time.

The embassy will decide what length of stay you can have and if you get a multi entry or not.

Apparently France and Portugal are the easiest to obtain from.

Cost 60 Euro

One thing that will help is a letter from your embassy, saying that the marriage is recognized by your embassy.

Max you can get is 6 months,

One thing that will help is a letter from your embassy, saying that the marriage is recognized by your embassy.

Max you can get is 6 months,

We have married certificate, will get a translation and then certified by Thai Embassy

Thanks

Archived