IGNORED

Hotels & Areas To Stay - Krabi, Phi Phi & Kuala Lumpur - Advice Request

puthsardarade

Hi,

I am going to start looking for accommodation for Manila, Bohal and Cebu in PI and outside PI - Kuala Lumpur and Krabi / Phi Phi Island.

Criteria for my accommodation is:

1) Location - ideally walking distance to any nightlife, malls for DIA meetups (Cebu), places to eat etc.

2) Cost and standard varies but I usually go for around 3* and don't go overboard with spending too much.  Some examples - Pattaya 700b, Angeles 1700p, Manila 2000p etc.

* For Krabi - I read that Ao Nang and near McDonalds is the place to stay - for nightlife?  Would this work also for any local girl meet ups?  Any recommendations on accommodations there?

* I may go Phi Phi so was wondering if I should stay one night there or just return back. If staying then location for nightlife fun etc?

* As above for Krabi also for Kuala Lumpur - in case anyone has any experience there?

* For Manila - I normally stay in Malate near Robinsons mall and also walking distance to LA Cafe.  If there is a better location where most DIA girls are likely to get to easier then please let me know?

* Bohal - I read that Alona Beach is the area to stay, please confirm? Any suggestions on places?  For activities further away from Alona Beach but still in Bohal would I be better to still keep the same accomodation or book somewhere else for 1 night?

* Cebu - I would normally stay close to Ayala mall and it would also be a short drive from Mango Square.  If there is a better location where most DIA girls are likely to get to easier then please let me know?  I recall seeing a SM mall on the way towards Mactan, wondered if that was better as I think Cebu DIA girls are actually based outside Cebu?

Thanks

* For Krabi - I read that Ao Nang and near McDonalds is the place to stay - for nightlife? Would this work also for any local girl meet ups? Any recommendations on accommodations there?

Couple of comments about Ao Nang:

- night life is limited, really only 2 areas as highlighted in the attached map. Had some good fun there, and some gems to be found. But it ain't Pattaya and scene is small.

- I stayed at Cha Wan resort. https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1507054-d1170840-Reviews-Cha_Wan_Resort-Ao_Nang_Krabi_Town_Krabi_Province.html

Not sure if fit your budget but from memory it was cheap. I always rent a motorbike but walking would still be ok although probably not ideal location if you want to me right in the middle of all the action (which is limited anyway). Can highly recommend this hotel. Nice and quiet, good service, nice big rooms and excellent value for money.

3a8da4a5e5a89fb057564bf575933a7e.jpg

Sounds like your upcoming trip will be a blast. Enjoy!

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

Couple of comments about Ao Nang:

- night life is limited, really only 2 areas as highlighted in the attached map. Had some good fun there, and some gems to be found. But it ain't Pattaya and scene is small.

- I stayed at Cha Wan resort. https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1507054-d1170840-Reviews-Cha_Wan_Resort-Ao_Nang_Krabi_Town_Krabi_Province.html

Not sure if fit your budget but from memory it was cheap. I always rent a motorbike but walking would still be ok although probably not ideal location if you want to me right in the middle of all the action (which is limited anyway). Can highly recommend this hotel. Nice and quiet, good service, nice big rooms and excellent value for money.

3a8da4a5e5a89fb057564bf575933a7e.jpg

Sounds like your upcoming trip will be a blast. Enjoy!

Hi,

Would I be better of doing more nights in Phi Phi Island?  I read nightlife was quite active there.

Hi,

Would I be better of doing more nights in Phi Phi Island? I read nightlife was quite active there.

Yeah better nightlife there but mainly farang girls, not a lot of Thai girls.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

Yeah better nightlife there but mainly farang girls, not a lot of Thai girls.

So scoring with them may be more challenging. hmmm

* For Krabi - I read that Ao Nang and near McDonalds is the place to stay - for nightlife?  Would this work also for any local girl meet ups?  Any recommendations on accommodations there?

* I may go Phi Phi so was wondering if I should stay one night there or just return back. If staying then location for nightlife fun etc?

Krabi is a commercial harbour port. Ao Nang, a few km away, is the resort area with lots of hotels, bars, restaurants and the usual TG's/BG's. I've been there twice; stayed at Prang Nga Inn; it has two buildings - book the one on the beach as the other one can be affected by traffic noise. From the hotel walk directly inland for about 300m and there is a bar area on the right with girls.

You can take ferry from Krabi or Ao Nang to Phi Phi, about 90 minutes; there are no cars there but everything is within walking distance. I found 2 or 3 nights were enough. You can take ferry onwards to Phuket

Aonang Smile is the hotel I am looking to book, not fancy 2* but perfect location for the bars in the soi and near McDonalds and beach.

Reviews are excellent - only thing I am not sure of is if the hotel is guest friendly and does not charge extra.

Cannot contact them as no website so a slight risk if I booked but may chance it as its budget and would be a suprise if they did not allow.

Thanks

If you want Nightlife, stay in the Bukit Bintang area. Pretty much all the hotels in there are "acceptable" and it kinda depends on your budget. You're walking distance to the nightlife. And also you're within walking distance to Jalan Alor which is famed for their food stalls. 

Personally I stayed in the City Center by Chinatown because it was slightly cheaper and mostly because it was walking distance from an event I was going to. 

If you want Nightlife, stay in the Bukit Bintang area. Pretty much all the hotels in there are "acceptable" and it kinda depends on your budget. You're walking distance to the nightlife. And also you're within walking distance to Jalan Alor which is famed for their food stalls. 

Personally I stayed in the City Center by Chinatown because it was slightly cheaper and mostly because it was walking distance from an event I was going to. 

Thanks I've gone for Bukit Bintang.

Any experiences of beach club and how low you can get them down to?

Anywhere else you can pick up freelancers etc?

Archived